Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV  (Read 171638 times)

paco1

Re: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:16 PM »

Hi crisomtide,
Then, you are alone in your aparment. You say that you live in Morocco.
 what is your routine one day? How much do you lengthening every day?
Than you, i will have my surgery with doctor salameh in september, and i want to prepare my day postoperatory

crimsontide

« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2014, 06:56:10 PM »

don't have a routine now to be honest.. planning on fixing ballerina then walking during consolidation

didn't lengthen the same amount every day, but avg less than 1 mm a day, maybe .80 mm

paco1

« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2014, 07:14:38 PM »

Than you for your answer and your involvement in the forum.
But you are alone or you have a caretaker or anybody that they help you.
your frames aren't so big, i think they are similar to salameh devices. you wear them under the trousers in the Street.

PrettyTall

« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2014, 11:28:44 PM »

Hello , what's a release? also don't you go out ? I think you should move to Casablanca there's many thing tp see Rabat is so boring

PrettyTall

« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »

Also , how long the process of LENGTHENING did it take you ? and how long do you estimate for the recovery ?

crimsontide

« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2014, 09:21:35 AM »

i don't go out now really because I'm alone and i hate walking on my toes... though i could go in a chair

process took about 3 months... not sure how long will take to consolidate, I'm guessing 4 or 5

im not moroccan... i was only here because of my gf, who is now my ex, so ill lbe leaving here very soon

a release is  basically a lengthening... allows you to extend  your foot so heel can touch the ground

crimsontide

« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »

btw, wanna thank kilokahn for help with something....  i think i know who I'm going to to now for the   ta lengthening,etc

will update soon

PrettyTall

« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »

3month to lenght 8cm prettyfast :D I wish you get well

crimsontide

« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »

a little less

not so fast, less than 1mm a day

gotta get this ballerina fixed next week....    really    sore too

crimsontide

« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2014, 05:47:47 PM »

migt have only lengthened a lil above or at 7 cm... don't think ill lengthen any more though

i have a new issue... my left knee seems ok, but today i notice a black liquid on my knee... looks exactly like oil or lubricant, as if its coming from the frame, not my knee.... i think its coming from the frame, its very odd though... my left knee feels ok

now here is my issue

i stopped pain meds, but right now am alone in morocco, because my gf left me... i can't really walk at all, because i can't put my heels on the floor.... i could walk if i could simply put heels on floor, but i can not....    walking on my toes could potentially hurt me.....   i have to  turn around 360 degrees to go to bathroom, and trust me,  doing on your toes is very awkward... i feel pressure in my knees when i walk because of this

I'm extremely extremely depressed by all of this... extremely....... especially as i was fine until this issue... then i stop walking a week, and this problem.... now i can't walk really until it gets resolved

I'm  extremely depressed right now by all this

TRS

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2014, 05:58:50 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're in at the moment. Have you contacted any other LL doctor(s)? I read that you were interested in Dr.Parihar or Dr.Suhas for nailing and frame removal ? I honestly think you should get out of Morocco since you are alone and seek medical attention elsewhere besides Dr.Bagirov. He seems careless and maybe the complications is due to negligence from him.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:25:46 PM by TheRisingShorty »

paco1

« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2014, 06:10:09 PM »

You need come back to your country, your home and stay in contact with people, your parents, some caretaker. You need stay with somebdy with you.

paco1

« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »

where do you from?
Perhaps your parents should travel to Morocco and came back with them in a wheelchair.
In that condition you need that somebady take care of you.

crimsontide

« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »

i plan on leaving in next few days..

spoke to 2 drs now.. one said i need the  tendon release, and then everything should be ok.. i described to him the situation

its too awkward for me to straighten my  foot    just by walking, etc as it puts my knee is a very weird position... I'm committed to at the least getting the  release done so i can put my heels on the ground...  this is my major issue.... i can't wait for this to   naturally resole itself, that could take a few months.... its too dangerous walking on toes... something goes wrong, can put too much pressure very easily on one leg

tx1111

« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2014, 07:46:28 PM »

Hey crimsomtide. Sucks that things arent going so well.  I have been following your diary and truly hope you get well. As others have said you should not be alone now not just because of emotional aspects but because of the "you never know" problems that pop out of nowhere. Did the doctors you consult find out what the black stuff from your knee was?

Take care man   i am considering Bagirov but my main concern was what happens when i go back home and there is a complication?  I know theres really no right answer to that. If anything ask Bagirov to fly back to Russia and pay the thousand bucks to stay therr for a month and take care of the problem.  I am thinking of having the surgery that paying for like 3 months until i get the hang of things and decrease the chances of complications.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2014, 08:07:39 PM »

crimsontide how about just standing?  Do you have problems doing just that?  When I was going through my problem period in LL I didn't walk at all.  In fact, don't remember walking more than occasionally throughout my whole LL experience, no matter how well or poorly I was doing.

crimsontide

« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »

hi can stand i guess... its just that thongs like going to the bathroom are a huge hassle... also, I'm alone now, and the bed I'm in is very low, so was always hard to get up , but now more so

i just got a eply from drs asst.... to me, the black oil looks like motor oil, it can't be from my knee, has to be from frames I'm guessing, has to be some kind of oil leaking from it... i mean, it is completely black, looks like motor oil, or exactly like lubricant you would use for bearings

the  tendon tension is making it hard to sleep... also right knee, feels like the nail is tearing a bit, so hurts, but the ankle issues from tendon are the worst

i guess ill be ok, just really feel i need to get a release for my tendons

medium, how much pt did you do??? i haven't done any lately tbh

i just used my arms to help lift leg, and i get get leg straight, while I'm on my back, so it seems like the ballerina is really the issue here

ill try to see either dr parihar or dr shah within a few days to  hopefully get the ballerina fixed, and possibly take frames off

I'm tempted to lengthen more, but i think its best to stop now???

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2014, 08:58:56 PM »

I didn't do much PT.  Beijing is not known for its PT, and I did less than most other patients there except the 2 or 3 who did none.

Standing for long periods of time, like an hour, will help with your problem.  Just stand and bear weight, and the tendons will stretch on their own.  Those lengthening/release surgeries make the tendons weaker forever and should be avoided if possible.

The situation you're in sucks, but it will get better if you have some patience and are willing to deal with the pain and inconvenience.  LL was hard for me even with nurses and caretakers 'round the clock.  It's going to be even harder for you, being alone, but you've got to stay strong and smart all the way through it.

crimsontide

« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2014, 09:04:14 PM »

ill tell you what I'm thinking now... btw, I've done very little pt, if any, though i seem to be ok except for awful ballerina

being alone makes you think the worst... I'm just thinking ill never be able to walk again,etc...

i think palsy does the release all the time... might make my tendon weaker, but this sux too much

paco, my parents are both deceased, so I'm pretty much on my own now

ill eventually write about my ex gf when I'm feeling better hopefully

crimsontide

« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2014, 09:05:19 PM »

and am i   right i thinking i should stop lengthening??? I'm so tempted right now, but i won't lengthen

paco1

« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »

I am sorry, Crisomtide.
You need stay with somebody during this process to do it more easy.

tx1111

« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »

Or hire a caretaker man. Being alone is just gonna stress you out and can impact your healing.

Also i dont kniw if oil leaking is a normal thing. Maybe i am misinformed or am misinterpreting the severity of the issue but something like that would make me want to be really sure it isnt an issue not just a phone diagnosis.

Sorry to sound so negative but this is your health man. If there is an issue it is important you know how to proceed.  Who knows, maybe doing more PT is the cure, maybe doing PT aggravates the situation.
Like I said if im wrong sorry for the pessimism.

Also i stated i will pay to stay in hospital for like 3 months. I will do this for my health but also for my mind. I know i will be alone during the entire proccess because i dont want anyone i know to jnow about this.. So during the turning process i will still be fairly new to this experience and the surgery will be fresh meaning more chance of complication. Even if everything is going fine i will doubt everything. Just knowing that the hospital is right there will take a load of my mind. I might just rent apartment near moscow(but most likely in midweet usa where its really cheap) after i leave hospital. Think of it as buying peace of mind and decreasing the likelyhood of serious issues happening.

Also when in doubt just realize this.      At some point before the surgery when you were preparing and planing and reesearching, you knew this was gonna be a tough road and that you might have issues and doubts. you went for it anyways and now youre experiencing it just like many others have and i will soon too. Just still try to make the situatiin more comfortable by having some sort of help.

Medium Drink of Water

Your saying in your experience you didnt do much PT and there were no significant drawbacks? Im still gonna do Pt but i still would like to know.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2014, 10:32:16 PM »

Medium Drink of Water

Your saying in your experience you didnt do much PT and there were no significant drawbacks? Im still gonna do Pt but i still would like to know.

That's right.  I planned to work out like crazy, but my knees were too stiff the whole time to do any PT.  I just did standing and occasionally walked.  It probably took me longer to recover fully, but I don't think the end result would've been any different if I'd done PT.

crimsontide

« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2014, 03:17:59 AM »

id like to hear from anyone else that had ballerina...

not only can't i put jy heels on the floor, but trying to sleep now is rough... the back of my ankles,where tendons are,   are very very sore

really really noticeable and annoying...... feeling it constantly in one ankle now

crimsontide

« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2014, 10:23:39 AM »

here are 2 photos... 1 to show how much I've lengthened.... the ruler i have isn't right... i think I've done around 7 cm

the second pic is of my set... I'm paranoid my right foot is twisted, but i think its ok

i apologize for the long nails,etc....

crimsontide

« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2014, 10:24:40 AM »

seems only one photo came out

GeTs

« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »

fight for it man, don't be lazy, no pain no gain

crimsontide

« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2014, 12:24:22 PM »

fight for what??? lazy about what???

btw, , the photo where i show how much I've lengthened, theres a big nut thats at an angle.... now its always been like that, but last few days, if i bend my leg, the pain can be unreal... but its a pain due to possible infection or skin tearing... its   really bad if i bend my knee... if i don't move, I'm ok.. ut it eels like that bolt is ripping apart the skin... idk why but its killing me now... never had this issue before.... i can't even see under it, unlike the other pin sites which ae easy to clean, this one , the frame is so close to the leg, its basically impossible to see anything

ill post a photo soon

Wannabegiant

« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »

Crimson this doesnt look to good..

I think you could possibly have avoided most of these problems if you didnt lengthen so fast and such a high ammount, and not using footholders.

At this point there is no easy way out, either take the very slow and painful road to recovery, or make the release and nail insertion and dont expect to recover as well in the end.

crimsontide

« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2014, 04:40:32 PM »

only lengthened around 7 cm, which in 3 months is not  really that much

and the bolt was always at an angle..... i noticed it and said something the first day

if i get the release, i should be ok next week....  ill be ok as long as i can  et my heels on the ground...

i agree that getting the release surgery is not the easy way out.... my tendon will be a lil weaker, but at this point, i gotta do it

medium, how long did everything take you again????

ill post a photo  next

crimsontide

« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »

here is a photo.... it looks normal i guess... but i dnt feel normal
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up