Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing  (Read 36577 times)

yash

Re: Livelifetaller real experiences / halil buldu
« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2021, 10:46:08 AM »

also no one is saying not to go for internals when you can afford them, if i had the money i would myself have gone with internals. but for those who cant afford and dont want to wait for 5+ years( thats what it takes even for a physician to make enough money to afford internals in india), externals are not a bad option. and after seeing the recovery of people like jim dabarber and overdozer.. it further proves my point
cross ll exfixLON with dr hirdesh and dr saini,, 4.8femurs & 4.8tibs
164cm to 174cm  age:23
step 1(left femur & right tibia) done on 20-aug-2021..removal on 20-oct-2021
step 2(right femur-left tibia) on 21st-nov-2021 removal~10th-jan-2022
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67864.0

HeightBooster

• Visitor
« Reply #342 on: October 10, 2021, 06:11:14 PM »

I am making this post mainly because it wasn’t all in my diary.

I want to start by saying halil buldu is a nice caring guy, but there is immorality in his practice, by him doing 3-4 operations per day and hiring an a $$wipe as his medical team manager.

This guy sedat keeps spamming me nonstop because of what I wrote in my diary that was just what I experienced, so I’m going to go into detail and give him something to spam about.

Buldu does a ton of operations per day. No matter how experienced someone is, I believe your focus and cognition dulls and wears away after doing hours of surgery ( my fixator removal started at 8:30pm on a Sunday after 3 others ).

https://imgur.com/a/66gMQHC this is my first X-ray after 2 weeks after hospital discharge
If you look at the post the left leg nail is moving down when lengthening instead of up. Compare it to the right nail. This is very bad if left untreated, because the screws and pins will break out and split the bone vertically like this ( this is my actual bone side view ) https://imgur.com/gallery/DAd8bqm

They are so busy and have so many patients  that they told me my X-ray is fine. Dr. Taylor Reif ( I had a consultation with, he is rozbruchs partner doctor) told me this should’ve been corrected from the first X-ray and might have prevented the bone splitting vertically, but it wasn’t corrected until the damage was already done.

Besides from that, if you don’t buy the package Sedat treats you like crap. My wife refers to him as “package guy” because every time I ask him for something he try’s to sell me a package. Like here for example https://imgur.com/a/L8v5oNi
I asked him for a ride from a pharmacy across the street, because it started raining heavily and no taxis available. He told me everyone was busy in voice message. I asked one of the staff members directly and he told me he didn’t have anything he was doing and came and got me. Getting in the car my bandages got wet. I asked for a bandage change and his reply is “ we must talk about package price ? “ what a sleezeball
Another time I asked for X-rays and told him DONT schedule the xrays until you give me a price. X-ray guy shows up and ends up trying to charge me 600$ usd for 4 X-rays (which is hilariously more than USA prices in a country where X-rays are 30-40$ Bucks a piece).

My worst experience is when I had an infection and he refused to give me antibiotics and ignored me. I mean it wasn’t terrible because Buldu ended up giving them to me right away when I asked him directly but look at how this guy ignores a patient in need of help https://imgur.com/a/mdRT9xE

Some people like perfectbody/fivesomething didn’t have issues and had a good recovery, and I’m not saying it’s common. But I feel it’s only right to say that there are far more people that have complications and they don’t post it on here or are scared from the medical team.

They actually posted a patients before/after photo. This patient had TWO complications and they wrote “dreams come true” yeah, right. After a f*cking nightmare.
His first complication was same as mine and the second was pin bending. Below pic he sent me
https://imgur.com/a/lo79Pgp

It required two extra surgeries. Plus the initial and removal for a total of 4 surgeries and 4 months with fixators on.
Another person i know had 2 extra surgeries also.

Sedat makes up this story of how I fell down stairs to blame my complication on me
And to protect their image when what really happened was I had stepped down with my left leg, I started stepping down with the right and lost balance because it was a big step and I had to cling to the wall and my wife because there was not a handrail and I put all my weight on the other leg in a bending position. No way someone my weight (125 pounds) could have damaged a fixator system that holds Perfectbody/fivesomething weight (they are 170-200pounds). I would get it if it was a bent nail or broken screw issue or something else, but a nail can’t be pushed down instantly. It happened over the lengthening period, due to not proper reaming and the bone alignment when broken according to Dr. reifs opinion. Also to add, this wasn’t on stairs, it was a single step outside the elevator in my Airbnb.

it’s fine if you don’t want to take my word for it because of the incident, but realize same exact thing happened to others who did not have any incident. This has happened to multiple people and no one speaks out. I feel like it is my duty to share this because if I knew of the complications like these beforehand I would have changed my direction. Again, some people had no issues. In my opinion even 85-90% success rate is low in a medical practice. That is just a guess, out of the 30 something people I met during my experience I know of 5 that required extra complication surgery

Anytime something happens they try to sweep it under the rug

Personally I know it was their fault due to signs during lengthening that the nail was failing. One example (this is in my diary and I wrote this before I know I had any issue) was that I kept getting bone clicking in my right leg only but never in my left leg. Bone clicking is when the rod vibrates/hits the inside of your femur because it’s not locked at the bottom until fixator removal. It’s not painful just very uncomfortable.  It started on day 2-3 of lengthening in my right leg but never felt it on my left leg (because the nail was stuck at the distal/bottom part).

Currently I’m recovering but due to the complication my left leg is much weaker and is hindering my recovery. My Usa orthopedic does not want me to walk unassisted on it much and worries the hardware can fail/screws back out or break. I have to wait for bone to consolidate more until I can exert prolonged force like walking and going up stairs. https://imgur.com/gallery/oaZC5em

Mentally going through complications is the worst feeling in the world. Many won’t understand unless it actually happens to you. It was mentally one of the hardest moments
It seems that you have undergone a lengthening process with plenty of complications. I'm sorry for you, I hope you are well now. I am planning to have this surgery. Turkey is also among my options, but I guess I'll have to do some more research on this forum :-\. The complication rate in limb lengthening surgery is quite high, but in your case, complications seem to be overlooked. The excuse that the surgeon is busy is bull . If he's too busy to deal with the complication then he shouldn't be performing that many surgeries. Is the person responding to you quoting the surgeon's answer or is it his own? If they are his own opinions, is he at the level of education to be able to make these comments? Although many people complain about the complications and irresponsibility of this surgeon, the large number of patients he has is confusing. The reason must be the price.

LeoGb

« Reply #343 on: October 10, 2021, 11:24:13 PM »

It seems that you have undergone a lengthening process with plenty of complications. I'm sorry for you, I hope you are well now. I am planning to have this surgery. Turkey is also among my options, but I guess I'll have to do some more research on this forum :-\. The complication rate in limb lengthening surgery is quite high, but in your case, complications seem to be overlooked. The excuse that the surgeon is busy is bull . If he's too busy to deal with the complication then he shouldn't be performing that many surgeries. Is the person responding to you quoting the surgeon's answer or is it his own? If they are his own opinions, is he at the level of education to be able to make these comments? Although many people complain about the complications and irresponsibility of this surgeon, the large number of patients he has is confusing. The reason must be the price.
Not only the price, because in many places they do LON even with lower prices, it is the publicity and marketing that Turkey has and especially the agency that works with Dr. Buldu.   They have many patients yes, and they make everything look "perfect" but in reality many have had complications, they just don't come to light.

Activatedxx

« Reply #344 on: October 10, 2021, 11:30:16 PM »

The surgeon fixed the complications for free^
I was saying anytime they have a complication they cover it up and the process is sugarcoated to new patients considering surgery.

The complications hinder your recovery by months, and cause so much extra physical, mental, and emotional pain

Just cause they fixed their own mistake for free doesn’t make it right. Shouldn’t be making mistakes in the first place, they’re putting people through high unnecessary suffering by making that mistake. All because they treat it like an assembly line. Don’t pick an experienced doctor that values quantity over quality. Experience means nothing when youre doing so many surgeries a day, your mind will slip even if you are Paley. We are human
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Highest

Re: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing
« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2021, 12:50:43 PM »

Hi Activatedxx

Do your femur muscles feel or behave differently after having the external fixator? It looks like it would scar them up so curious to how you feel.

Activatedxx

« Reply #346 on: October 13, 2021, 01:32:22 PM »

Hi Activatedxx

Do your femur muscles feel or behave differently after having the external fixator? It looks like it would scar them up so curious to how you feel.

Not that I know, still recovering muscle back
they feel different from length increase

Highest

« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2021, 09:55:55 PM »

Not that I know, still recovering muscle back
they feel different from length increase

In what way do they feel different from length increase?

Activatedxx

« Reply #348 on: October 14, 2021, 01:17:37 AM »

In what way do they feel different from length increase?

Mainly in getting rid of height dysphoria

I was ashamed of my height before. It used to bother me so much, the increase isn’t drastic to the point I feel tall with an 8cm increase, but I feel way taller than before. I was never taller than anyone barely before, and a lot of females were taller with high heels, including my wife

Now I’m taller than about 40% of male population and even girls with heels I’m usually a few inches taller or if they are 5’5 with heels I am slightly taller or same height

Even people that are 1 inch taller I am eye level with them and don’t feel like they are taller

Height no longer bothers me in an obsessive way, I feel like I am in a normal range. I would love to be 2-3 inches taller than I am now, but it doesn’t bother me to the point where I hate it, if I was born at this height I probably would have never considered LL in the first place

More so, people used to comment about how they thought I was a high school student at work, whenever they ask me if I own the place, at least a few times a week. I haven’t received any comments like that since getting back to work a couple months ago. It’s no placebo effect, people are definitely taking me more serious in society, it’s a physiologic effect maybe when you are making eye contact instead of them looking down or something idk

Feel like I’m being treated as an adult or at the very least a young adult instead of a child

Charizard

« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2021, 03:21:26 PM »

I am making this post mainly because it wasn’t all in my diary.

I want to start by saying halil buldu is a nice caring guy, but there is immorality in his practice, by him doing 3-4 operations per day and hiring an a $$wipe as his medical team manager.

This guy sedat keeps spamming me nonstop because of what I wrote in my diary that was just what I experienced, so I’m going to go into detail and give him something to spam about.

Buldu does a ton of operations per day. No matter how experienced someone is, I believe your focus and cognition dulls and wears away after doing hours of surgery ( my fixator removal started at 8:30pm on a Sunday after 3 others ).

https://imgur.com/a/66gMQHC this is my first X-ray after 2 weeks after hospital discharge
If you look at the post the left leg nail is moving down when lengthening instead of up. Compare it to the right nail. This is very bad if left untreated, because the screws and pins will break out and split the bone vertically like this ( this is my actual bone side view ) https://imgur.com/gallery/DAd8bqm

They are so busy and have so many patients  that they told me my X-ray is fine. Dr. Taylor Reif ( I had a consultation with, he is rozbruchs partner doctor) told me this should’ve been corrected from the first X-ray and might have prevented the bone splitting vertically, but it wasn’t corrected until the damage was already done.

Besides from that, if you don’t buy the package Sedat treats you like crap. My wife refers to him as “package guy” because every time I ask him for something he try’s to sell me a package. Like here for example https://imgur.com/a/L8v5oNi
I asked him for a ride from a pharmacy across the street, because it started raining heavily and no taxis available. He told me everyone was busy in voice message. I asked one of the staff members directly and he told me he didn’t have anything he was doing and came and got me. Getting in the car my bandages got wet. I asked for a bandage change and his reply is “ we must talk about package price ? “ what a sleezeball
Another time I asked for X-rays and told him DONT schedule the xrays until you give me a price. X-ray guy shows up and ends up trying to charge me 600$ usd for 4 X-rays (which is hilariously more than USA prices in a country where X-rays are 30-40$ Bucks a piece).

My worst experience is when I had an infection and he refused to give me antibiotics and ignored me. I mean it wasn’t terrible because Buldu ended up giving them to me right away when I asked him directly but look at how this guy ignores a patient in need of help https://imgur.com/a/mdRT9xE

Some people like perfectbody/fivesomething didn’t have issues and had a good recovery, and I’m not saying it’s common. But I feel it’s only right to say that there are far more people that have complications and they don’t post it on here or are scared from the medical team.

They actually posted a patients before/after photo. This patient had TWO complications and they wrote “dreams come true” yeah, right. After a f*cking nightmare.
His first complication was same as mine and the second was pin bending. Below pic he sent me
https://imgur.com/a/lo79Pgp

It required two extra surgeries. Plus the initial and removal for a total of 4 surgeries and 4 months with fixators on.
Another person i know had 2 extra surgeries also.

Sedat makes up this story of how I fell down stairs to blame my complication on me
And to protect their image when what really happened was I had stepped down with my left leg, I started stepping down with the right and lost balance because it was a big step and I had to cling to the wall and my wife because there was not a handrail and I put all my weight on the other leg in a bending position. No way someone my weight (125 pounds) could have damaged a fixator system that holds Perfectbody/fivesomething weight (they are 170-200pounds). I would get it if it was a bent nail or broken screw issue or something else, but a nail can’t be pushed down instantly. It happened over the lengthening period, due to not proper reaming and the bone alignment when broken according to Dr. reifs opinion. Also to add, this wasn’t on stairs, it was a single step outside the elevator in my Airbnb.

it’s fine if you don’t want to take my word for it because of the incident, but realize same exact thing happened to others who did not have any incident. This has happened to multiple people and no one speaks out. I feel like it is my duty to share this because if I knew of the complications like these beforehand I would have changed my direction. Again, some people had no issues. In my opinion even 85-90% success rate is low in a medical practice. That is just a guess, out of the 30 something people I met during my experience I know of 5 that required extra complication surgery

Anytime something happens they try to sweep it under the rug

Personally I know it was their fault due to signs during lengthening that the nail was failing. One example (this is in my diary and I wrote this before I know I had any issue) was that I kept getting bone clicking in my right leg only but never in my left leg. Bone clicking is when the rod vibrates/hits the inside of your femur because it’s not locked at the bottom until fixator removal. It’s not painful just very uncomfortable.  It started on day 2-3 of lengthening in my right leg but never felt it on my left leg (because the nail was stuck at the distal/bottom part).

Currently I’m recovering but due to the complication my left leg is much weaker and is hindering my recovery. My Usa orthopedic does not want me to walk unassisted on it much and worries the hardware can fail/screws back out or break. I have to wait for bone to consolidate more until I can exert prolonged force like walking and going up stairs. https://imgur.com/gallery/oaZC5em

Mentally going through complications is the worst feeling in the world. Many won’t understand unless it actually happens to you. It was mentally one of the hardest moments

Wow what a sh*t show. When i saw that x-ray of yours i felt the pain  :'(
I hope you recover soon! How is your mobility now? Can you walk? or stand atleast?
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

Activatedxx

« Reply #350 on: October 18, 2021, 09:38:36 AM »

Wow what a sh*t show. When i saw that x-ray of yours i felt the pain  :'(
I hope you recover soon! How is your mobility now? Can you walk? or stand atleast?

Walking unassisted short distances, but my left leg is much weaker and taking longer to heal compared to right

Unknown

« Reply #351 on: October 19, 2021, 08:46:19 PM »

Please post another update video! Thank you

« Reply #352 on: October 23, 2021, 02:50:47 AM »

Does anyone ever just fly to Turkey (without an appointment) and talk to Surgeons, then get the surgery done a few weeks later?

1. I find it really hard to get things started across the globe.

2. I'd rather just pull the trigger and do it rather than lay out a long roadmap (just the way my mind works). If I did book smoothing in a few months I wouldn't sleep until that 2 months had gone by... And then would have the surgery and not sleep for another 4 haha...

Also: I feel like there are maybe some good Doctors in Malaysia or Thailand but only Asians know about them and they don't advertise in English?...

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #353 on: October 23, 2021, 03:34:24 AM »

Also: I feel like there are maybe some good Doctors in Malaysia or Thailand but only Asians know about them and they don't advertise in English?...

There's Dr Tardthong in Bangkok, Thailand.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=139
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:25:20 AM by KiloKAHN »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Unknown

« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2021, 03:02:06 AM »

Mainly in getting rid of height dysphoria

I was ashamed of my height before. It used to bother me so much, the increase isn’t drastic to the point I feel tall with an 8cm increase, but I feel way taller than before. I was never taller than anyone barely before, and a lot of females were taller with high heels, including my wife

Now I’m taller than about 40% of male population and even girls with heels I’m usually a few inches taller or if they are 5’5 with heels I am slightly taller or same height

Even people that are 1 inch taller I am eye level with them and don’t feel like they are taller

Height no longer bothers me in an obsessive way, I feel like I am in a normal range. I would love to be 2-3 inches taller than I am now, but it doesn’t bother me to the point where I hate it, if I was born at this height I probably would have never considered LL in the first place

More so, people used to comment about how they thought I was a high school student at work, whenever they ask me if I own the place, at least a few times a week. I haven’t received any comments like that since getting back to work a couple months ago. It’s no placebo effect, people are definitely taking me more serious in society, it’s a physiologic effect maybe when you are making eye contact instead of them looking down or something idk

Feel like I’m being treated as an adult or at the very least a young adult instead of a child

Would you do it all over again if you were back at your previous state? Did you regret this?

Activatedxx

« Reply #355 on: November 16, 2021, 12:09:35 AM »

Hello guys
I’m right at about 6 month mark now. I will post X-rays soon my appointment to take them is coming up, but I will upload a walking video. My walking is closish to normal but I can only maintain it for so long. I went to a theme park for about 3 hours with ride breaks in between ( I had a skip line pass so it was a good amount of walking ) after the initial 30 min or so I develop a limp on my left leg and it gradually gets worse. I was relieved when the park closed because I could barely walk at that point, my legs felt extremely heavy it was ALOT of walking and I didn’t think I would even be capable to do half of what I walked. Miles for sure. Anyways it tells me my left leg is still catching up, I can very barely very slowly jog and jump but I’m not going to be doing anything strenuous. If I look stiff in the video it’s because I am sore in my calves. Internally I still feel tight/stiff/discomfort in some areas especially waking up I usually have to walk a little to warm up and get my gait more normal

If my left leg was the same stage as my right (if I didn’t have complication) I feel I would be much more satisfied, my right leg feels twice as strong as the other. Goes to show what going to a low quality doctor/cheap country can do. Overall I have mixed feelings about doing this. It’s definitely cured a majority of my height dysphoria but at the cost of my physical abilities. I was a state ranked wrestler in high school and always was comfortable knowing I could defend myself against 90% of the male population now I could get beat up by 90%  of the male population or even an overweight female. It’s definitely depressing thinking that; it really sucks the price we have to pay to get rid of dysphoria. It’s like I feel more of a man but less at the same time. I sacrificed money, nightmarish pain, and my physical capabilities to go from short to under average. I wouldn’t complain about being slightly under average with physical capabilities.
 This recovery is definitely tough. Even without the complication it’s no joke, but with it my recovery is going slower than I personally expected. It definitely feels like I’ve been this height all my life which is really weird. I barely remember what it feels like being 5’5 expect for the insecurity.
After I post my X-ray I probably won’t be updating for a few months. I’m grateful for my life at the end of the day, this process has taught me loads of patience and gratitude. There are some people in wheelchairs for the rest of their life or blind/permanent diseases. I’ll gladly take and accept whatever problems I have now because I am still happy with my life and they are minor problems compared to many I am sincerely blessed

https://imgur.com/gallery/pwFjHy4

6 month  walking post op (with suffering left leg complication)

yash

« Reply #356 on: November 16, 2021, 01:02:57 AM »

looking great mate..good luck for further recovery .how has life improved with your new height?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:11:23 AM by yash »

Unknown

« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2021, 05:50:34 AM »

Would tibia or femur be better for a 6cm lengthening?

yash

« Reply #358 on: November 16, 2021, 09:29:32 AM »

Would tibia or femur be better for a 6cm lengthening?
Internals- femur
Externals- tibia..but will be difficult post 5cm

c

« Reply #359 on: December 31, 2021, 03:49:55 PM »

:'(

fivesevencripple

• Visitor
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2022, 11:31:45 PM »

your leg better now?  :o

Petersburglength

• Visitor
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2022, 08:04:20 PM »

Hope you are doing okay!

Activatedxx

« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2022, 10:47:33 AM »

Hey guys, thanks for the support above.  Been a few months since I’ve been on here.
I’m doing alright, I have a few issues. I’m walking normally and can do pretty much all normal things. I rode an electric scooter downtown for an hour, went skating rink (went very slow and was tricky to keep balance, but I always sucked at skating anyways, didn’t fall or anything).
I don’t really do anything physically intensive, just normal life and work. Longer walking for 30 min or one hour isn’t an issue. There are still some things I can’t really do, like if I sit on something very low I need just slight hand support to get up, looks completely normal and most people do it like taller and overweight people. But this was something I didnt do before ll. Not sure if cause of biomechanics change or strength. Maybe both

My concerns are though that I have pain in only my left leg top screw sites, especially if I press on the specific area. I’m pretty sure my bones are fully consolidated by now but I haven’t even had the willpower to go get an X-ray in months lol. It’s not a huge issue, I feel discomfort in the area here and there.
Not looking towards removing rods and screws but I think I have to do that asap as soon as it’s safe, which could be a long while.

My right leg is doing great, I feel like it’s 60% of what it is pre ll in terms of strength. Could be more and probably run if left was the same, because I’d be able to do more exercises like squats etc without my other leg tiring early. My left leg however feels much weaker and I would say 40% of pre LL strength. It makes slow progress. Also I haven’t really been doing much physio in last couple of months. My rom is normal and I feel like it doesn’t help. I need strength building exercise and my left leg kind of prevents me from that. I can walk up / down stairs unassisted normally and jog very slowly but I feel discomfort in the area if I do that time after time. Pretty sure screw is backing out or something. I really need to go see my doctor and I think I will soon, it’s just far and the real reason it’s pretty awkward seeing them lol. I’m pretty sure the weakness is coming from my left hip from the extra surgery, but I’m not a doctor.

Still doesn’t feel real that I did this, and being shorter feels like a distance dream even though it was a matter of months. Life goes back to normal for me and I forget the suffering I took except when I reread my diary it reminds me of the severe pain at times.
May or may not do tibia in future. Probably not. This has really cured so much neurosis for me. It’s a small insecurity I have now instead of a giant hole. But it did come with a heavy price. I don’t think I’ll ever be as physically strong as before. Even if you do 5cm. It takes a toll, and it can be depressing at times, and can make you feel like less of a man. Like around New Years some drunk guy called my girl a bi*ch  at a party and after an exchange of words I had to let it go because I would be defenseless if something broke out. Really bothered me for a while. I hope in the future obviously i would be a lot more capable, but I don’t think I’ll ever be where I was at before LL. Regardless of my height before LL I did wrestling for years and years and was at a point where I was able to easily manhandle my friends that were bigger and taller than me.  Of course there would still some amount of the population that could overcome you, it was a comfort knowing would’ve been a small fraction.
I don’t think any other cosmetic change comes with a heftier price. 3 inches for me was definitely life changing, but both good and bad. When I say 60% of pre LL strength on my right leg, that was me being a lazy fk and working out once a week. I used to be able to run or deadlift 50% aprx more in high school running track and wrestling than as an adult, so after LL depending on amount I don’t think you could ever be more than 60-75% of your full potential. Most people are fine with that. It only bothers them in their head. Had I not done LL I highly doubt ever in my adult life I would ever end up having time to run miles and train for hours on a daily basis anyways.

Would it be nice to be a couple inches taller, sure, but I would even say that at 5’10 or 6ft etc.
How I know that it really cleared my neurosis is that when I think of doing tibia, I have no motivation or care for it. I just think “meh it would be pretty nice to be a couple inches taller, but I have little motivation to go through all that again, even if it was free”. While my mindset of doing femurs was basically desperate to find a way, regardless of the pain and large amount of money. I have never done anything crazier in my life.

Last thing I wanna mention is weight. I weighed 127 before and weighed 143. Besides height I don’t where the weight came from. I was always skinny and am slightly less skinny from all the food etc I ate and lack of exercise but look close to same as before LL. Probably from lack of exercise. Im sure some came from new bone and the nails, but not 15+ Pounds

Sorcerer

« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2022, 11:24:30 AM »

Yes you shared very important information for future LLrs . First of all any good surgeon will never do external  on femur.
Your story is eye opening for them who are completely dependent on Third party ( Marketing company) and trust them blindly , These companies are just money hungry, even Dr Halil Baldu is not pure he knows very well what he is doing just for money you can't separate him from this business.
Some fools  trust them blindly and post only good things even they are fkd up . like Meck.
I am trying to expose these agents but they are abusing me .
Meck was not so-called 'fked up' and what is making you sparing so time to write such a compressed piece of stinky st LOL.
Along his threads, Meck updated bad situations such as his severe knee pains, neuropraxia as well as good situations which you have already known about. So why are you thinking his posts were biased towards good outcomes instead of both bad and good ones? In addition, from current informations implied in Meck's posts, he is now getting very well along his new height and he removed his nails several months ago so plz prove 'Meck is fked up' LOL.
Plus, I am not planning to do LL under Buldu's hands but Paley's. So don't tarnish me as an agent or whatnot like you do to others. :-X

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2022, 09:29:11 PM »

Meck was not so-called 'fked up' and what is making you sparing so time to write such a compressed piece of stinky st LOL.
Along his threads, Meck updated bad situations such as his severe knee pains, neuropraxia as well as good situations which you have already known about. So why are you thinking his posts were biased towards good outcomes instead of both bad and good ones? In addition, from current informations implied in Meck's posts, he is now getting very well along his new height and he removed his nails several months ago so plz prove 'Meck is fked up' LOL.
Plus, I am not planning to do LL under Buldu's hands but Paley's. So don't tarnish me as an agent or whatnot like you do to others. :-X

Nobody is calling anybody an agent here. Based on the content Meck uploaded it's very easy to see he did a lot and maybe too quickly. Is he permanently screwed? Who knows. He definitely, 100% has a LONG road of recovery ahead of him. Be careful with this procedure; it's painful and dangerous. Not everybody walks away lucky.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Sorcerer

« Reply #365 on: February 18, 2022, 11:29:00 PM »

Nobody is calling anybody an agent here. Based on the content Meck uploaded it's very easy to see he did a lot and maybe too quickly. Is he permanently screwed? Who knows. He definitely, 100% has a LONG road of recovery ahead of him. Be careful with this procedure; it's painful and dangerous. Not everybody walks away lucky.
Yeah, I am not either advocating doing 18cm in total. That is very very dangerous and rare from my knowledges.

Activatedxx

« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2022, 12:12:20 AM »

Hey guys, long time no see. I forgot my login email so I made a new account to update. But my comment has been “under review” for almost two weeks and still hasn’t posted, so I was forced to dig through my 20 emails to reset my password. It may post eventually and it will be a copy of this comment, in case you see it twice.

https://imgur.com/gallery/y6XTX0I

This is my current progress.
My walking is normal with the exception I wake up stiff some days and have to walk 5-10 min to get normal. I can jog short distance and jump. No sprinting or high jumping ability yet. I refrain from jogging or intensity until nails and screws are removed. Haven’t been able to really make much progress due to screw irritation. Usually like a 1-2/10 pain (left leg only) when doing exercises more intense than walking (going up stairs, body squats). Once the nails and screws are out ( plan on removing in like a couple months ) I plan on really trying to get in the best possible shape I can. Left leg really hindered my recovery due to the complications and the screws starting to back out after fixator removal. Once they are out there are no excuses.

My dumb ass has still yet to get an X-ray. Been over 6 months since last one. I am going to force myself to go this coming week.

I am at aprx the one year mark. Crazy to think I actually went through with this. None of it feels real anymore and it becomes a distant memory as the time goes by. I forget the medieval like torture until I reread my diary at times and remember the immense pain from the pinsite infections, surgery, waking up shivering feeling so cold like I am nked in December etc.
Feels like the 3’ have been there my entire life. Being my height may not feel special to many other people, especially those born at it. But it made a world of difference to me. I think that’s what matters at the end of the day, I have rid myself of my mental problem and no more obsess about height because I am close to average and it does not bother me so greatly like it used to. I don’t have that gaping hole of insecurity I had at 5’5. It is just a small insecurity now at times, and isn’t bad at all. If I was born this height it wouldn’t have pushed me mentally to do something this crazy. Life isn’t bad at all at this height for me personally. At the end of the day the trade off is immense, and this surgery doesn’t bring you satisfaction only relief of being shorter. You trade your suffering for lesser suffering (being permanently less athletic than you were in the long run most likely). Even if you do 3cm I’m fairly positive your former self would be able to beat you up regardless if you lose 10/20/30% of your athletic capacity. But that’s just the way it is and for I would rather live with that than be 5’5 at the end of the day if I’m being brutally honest. This decision isn’t guaranteed and even though things didn’t go as smooth as I hoped I am thankful I wasn’t crippled or died although very rare it happens. If you do end up making this decision the last thing I want to say is please please please use an internal nail. They are able to have complications as well but 99% of the time they will be 1000% easier than what I went through.

Petersburglength

• Visitor
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2022, 04:11:56 AM »

Glad to hear that you are doing well! Sorry to hear about the lingering pain.

How does the nail removal work? Will you do that in the states or back in Turkey?

Activatedxx

« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2022, 05:15:05 PM »

It’s only on the top screw site on left leg. More discomfort than pain it’s pretty low/ignorable but I feel it going up stairs etc. haven’t decided yet but not using Buldu again lol

Petersburglength

• Visitor
« Reply #369 on: May 31, 2022, 06:02:02 PM »

Ah gotcha. Do you have to get the screws removed (assuming that you don’t have pain, like in your case)

Few people talk about this part of the process

Activatedxx

« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2022, 05:13:59 PM »

Yeah it’s possible to leave everything but would cause issues down the road. Screws aren’t made to support your body weight for years. Always better to take out asap as it becomes almost impossible to take out the nails after a certain time. Usually after 24 months I think I read

Will955

« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2022, 07:19:25 PM »

Your walking looks great man. Your proportions also looks phenomenal.

Thanks a lot for coming back to share with us. I appreciate it a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up