Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seriously tight tendons - Femur Stryde  (Read 1326 times)

Nestor

Seriously tight tendons - Femur Stryde
« on: December 20, 2019, 08:35:58 PM »

Hey guys, so I'm over 6 weeks post op and I'm moving around the place like a mummy with arthritis. My IT bands are crazy tight and other areas in my legs too. My quads seems to be the only parts that are okay for now. I have PT and stretch every day but it feels like for each millimetre I lengthen each day my tendons can only do half that and just can't keep up. Also walking has become really difficult lately, even if it's just a short distance my legs get exhausted. I've only lengthened about 37mm so far (my goal is 5-6cm) but I'm starting to worry if I need to reduce the lengthening each day so my body can catch which I don't want to do. Any advice or suggestions about this would be greatly appreciated!

InFullStryde

Re: Seriously tight tendons - Femur Stryde
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 08:46:15 PM »

Hi Nestor,

A few questions...

Who is your Dr.?

Did you have your IT Bands released? 

Can you describe in a bit more detail; your current range of motion?  How far back does your leg back when you are sitting down in a chair? When standing up, how well are you able to straighten your leg? How far apart are you legs when standing?  Have you developed any Anterior Pelvic Tilt (AKA DUCK ASS).

Let me know and I'll be happy to chime in with advice.

Thank you,
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Nestor

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 09:12:04 PM »

Hey IFS!

I had my surgery with Dr Giotikas, I'm almost certain he said he released the IT bands during the op which is why I'm wondering why they are so tight.

My ROM is not too bad. My legs are 90 degrees when sitting and I can straighten them fully when standing although they do feel very stiff and sore usually. My feet have been quite far apart until my PT told me to keep them close together when walking which I try my best to do but find it pretty tough going! Have a little bit of duck ass going but I'm also trying to tuck it in as much as possible too.

On a side note I also intermittently get  a sharp pain above my left buttock which shoots all the way down my leg, not sure if this has any relevance to anything.

Great321

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 10:27:23 PM »

Are you in a hurry because of plans in the future or why are you against lengthening slower? I think that in the middle of lengthening many LLers think that getting done with lengthening as soon as possible will speed up their recovery but the opposite can happen and afterwards we think that we should have slowed down.

Nestor

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 06:11:05 PM »

I spoke with my doc and he said to reduce the lengthening from 4 times a day to 3 times until I see him, he said he did release the IT bands. He's going to examine me during our meeting then discuss  options.

On a side note the sharp nerve pain in my left leg has gotten slightly worse. I guess that's all part of the game but I also worry about the potential possibilities of permanent nerve damage with this type of procedure.

InFullStryde

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »

I spoke with my doc and he said to reduce the lengthening from 4 times a day to 3 times until I see him, he said he did release the IT bands. He's going to examine me during our meeting then discuss  options.

On a side note the sharp nerve pain in my left leg has gotten slightly worse. I guess that's all part of the game but I also worry about the potential possibilities of permanent nerve damage with this type of procedure.

Hi Nestor,

I'm not a doctor, but you sound fine to me.  CLL is difficult as you know.   How old are you?  You can expect to feel very tight and you may even struggle to have anything close to resembling a normal walk for 3-5 months.   Keep in mind that the recovery from the Stryde nail/CLL is unique for everyone.   Some on this board like MyEvolution and Movie; are walking quite well even after only a week or two..others like myself, bone stretcher, tiggy....we took a bit more time for all type of various factors.   Be patient, keep stretching and strengthening and you will reach your goal.   Again, I'm not a doctor; but based on my experience; you're on your way to a great gain of new height.  7.5 cm (3 inches) is attainable still.  Lastly, sharp pains are normal and you can expect to experience this for the first couple of months especially and until your legs get stronger; they can linger throughout the entire process.  Once you are done lengthening; everything gradually returns to normal. 

Good luck and let me know if you have more questions.

All the Best,

IFS
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

Kenda

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »

hey nestor, whats your original height?

Nestor

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 06:40:14 PM »

Thanks IFS! Really means a lot coming from you, it's very reassuring to get some peace of mind on this crazy journey. My goal is 5cm, know that's not much but I want to try and stay within the 'safe' limit and also eventually get back to playing sports if possible. I might consider 6cm max but I'll see how things go. If I decide to stop at 5cm then I'd be finished lengthening in about two weeks if all goes well. Man I'm not gonna lie between the pains and lack of sleep it's really tough going but hopefully I'll turn a corner soon.

InFullStryde

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 06:55:54 PM »

No worries, Nestor.

What is your starting height and how old are you?

---

From Experience... You can recover well with 8cm gain and that last inch is worth it.  I respect, understand and completely support your max goal of 6 cm.

Nestor

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 07:26:36 PM »

@kenda, @IFS  starting height 5'7, age 29

Yeah I've seen the likes of you, Movie and other warriors on here max out but I would be more than happy with 2 inches and hopefully healthy legs afterwards, although I totally agree that extra inch makes a huge difference. I guess I'll see when the time comes but more than likely I'll stick to my original goal.

InFullStryde

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 07:30:16 PM »

@kenda, @IFS  starting height 5'7, age 29

Yeah I've seen the likes of you, Movie and other warriors on here max out but I would be more than happy with 2 inches and hopefully healthy legs afterwards, although I totally agree that extra inch makes a huge difference. I guess I'll see when the time comes but more than likely I'll stick to my original goal.

Sounds good, Nestor.  2 inches in height increase is a huge gain.. the difference is sureal. Good luck and reach out if you have any questions at all.

All the best,

IFS,
Pages: [1]   Go Up