Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giotikas Greece/Athens Limb Lengthening Buddies? (Late-November to February)?  (Read 1559 times)

arnoldhams10

• Visitor

My operation date is already scheduled for late November.

I would love to meet some friends beforehand!

Starting height: 173, goal: 180 cm
Precise femurs, 24 years old

NailedLegs

Good luck! Consider posting a diary about your experience, as it is hugely beneficial to future patients. I hope your procedure and lengthening process goes well.
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

WannaBe190CM

• Visitor

yoo how long did it take in total from consultation>checkup>surgery? and did u have to fly there for checkups physically

Kintaeryos

Any updates?

Nord_Gutt

• Visitor

I am already here in Athens in the recovery phase. Already completed 6cm. 2 cm more to more. (precise in femur). Let me know guys if you need any info reg. surgery with Dr. G.

Rockstarz5

Tell us your experience I know giotikas is not so bad, any special reason why precice over G nail?

Ted68

My operation date is already scheduled for late November.

I would love to meet some friends beforehand!

Starting height: 173, goal: 180 cm
Precise femurs, 24 years old

Its something wrong with this guy...
Why he started this topic and never continued ?
Or, maybe, something bad happened to him after surgery ?

Kintaeryos

Its something wrong with this guy...
Why he started this topic and never continued ?
Or, maybe, something bad happened to him after surgery ?
He was last active on the 1st of December. But yeah too many people disappearing in these threads.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 02:15:04 AM by Kintaeryos »

Hatch

Could anyone go and check that he is alive?

Ted68

He was last active on the 1st of December. But yeah too many people disappearing in these threads.
Is because their personal reason... or have been warned or threatened by somebody ?
Is it possible for clinics or doctors to do this ?

arnoldhams10

• Visitor

Rest assured, folks!

I'm still alive. I just decided to indefinitely postpone my surgery until I more information about the new precise max nail came out.

I'm likely looking at a April/May date now.

shortisnotfun

In my opinion, Dr Giotikas isn’t that good of a doctor. He claimed he can fix deformities, but just left me with the same deformity and chronic pain from a screw.
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

Ted68

In my opinion, Dr Giotikas isn’t that good of a doctor. He claimed he can fix deformities, but just left me with the same deformity and chronic pain from a screw.
Ohh, man, I am sorry to hear that !
There is anything you can do,  to fix it somewhere else ?

arnoldhams10

• Visitor

What is the nature of this deformity for some context?

shortisnotfun

Ohh, man, I am sorry to hear that !
There is anything you can do,  to fix it somewhere else ?

Yes, I’ll fix it with either Dr Assayag or one of the orthopedic doctors in my home state. The worst thing is Dr Giotikas promised he fixed all my issues, but it’s clear for anyone with an orthopedic background, he didn’t. He also trash talks American surgeons like Paley but uses the nail Paley literally created (Precice) lol.

Athens is a very bad city too, would not recommend. Homeless and graffiti and junkies and drugs everywhere. It’s definitely not like the movies at all. One of the worst third world cities I’ve lived in.

What is the nature of this deformity for some context?

Basically I did a surgery with the trashiest “doctor” in Turkey called Yuksel Yurttas. He blessed me with multiple bone deformities, because he doesn’t know how to correctly put a nail in. The deformities the Turkish butcher gave me was valgus and procurvatum.

After leaving Turkey, I consulted with Dr Giotikas who promised me he could fix my issues without putting me under a fixator again. I accepted and flew to Greece and did surgery with him, but noticed nothing changed in the look of my legs, but chalked it up to me being a patient and not understanding.

After that, I went back to USA to consult with an American orthopedic surgeon. I consulted with multiple including the best LL and orthopedic doctors in the country. They all confirmed I still have valgus and procurvatum and was not fixed by Giotikas.
I messaged Giotikas to explain this along with the x rays they took and my stability issues (caused by still having crooked legs) and he basically trash talked the Americans and refused responsibility, claiming that he couldn’t have fixed it in the first place (then why did he even try??)

All in all a waste of thousands of dollars because I did it with foreign “PhDs and Professors” who don’t firmly understand orthopedic principles. I’m over it. Just do it in the USA lol.
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

Rockstarz5

How dif giotikas told you he can solve it if it were not with fixators?.. I mean I thought it is good

doge

• Visitor

Post a diary when you do go!
Pages: [1]   Go Up