Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LON with the boys at Dr Sringari--India (Complete)  (Read 101952 times)

mediocre

Re: LON with the boys at Dr Sringari--India (Complete)
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »

They're trying to censor you which is not cool.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »

I admire your courage Polycrates.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2014, 03:27:03 PM »

I admire your courage Polycrates.

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't see anything courageous transpiring here. These guys shouldn't even be meddling in the affairs of forum posts. A patient always reserves the right to freely express their opinions and beliefs to an open audience. That's the intent of these forums. It's not a platform to advertise and promote your business with impunity from critical opinions. If that's the only way patients can be had, then that speaks volumes about the act these guys display. It's happened before and it's happening again. Luckily, this forum isn't prone to the censorship and modification they got away with in the past. I've been lied to several times about multiple things, so for them to come to me angry and outraged when I write about these events is an absurdity.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:31:26 PM by Polycrates. »
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

jerry

« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »

This is simply unprofessional and unacceptable.  Going after patients to try and censor their opinions.   What a joke.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »

Thanks for continuing to share your uncensored thoughts about getting LL with Dr. Sringari.  Diaries like yours are what potential LL patients need to read in order to be informed.

Polycrates.

« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »

No problem. I do regret the tone in some of my sentences, but they were written at a time I was especially frustrated. I shouldn't have disparaged another patient because I didn't like a video. A lot of my problems extend from being in India itself and all the ordeals that come along with it. So, some people who have been to India and know what to expect culturally, socially, and economically could fare  better than I have for whatever it is they're choosing to do. I personally would not utilize services in India in the future, but that's just me.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2014, 11:31:55 PM »

Had an arranged meeting in my room tonight with the physios, management, and remaining patients. Didn't find out what the circumstances of this meeting were going to be until it occurred. The physios have an issue with certain statements I've written on here. I wrote of how they boast to be educated to the level of an orthopaedic surgeon and they've taken exception to this. Like Cyber wrote before, if you're a certified physiotherapist, a patient would naturally expect you to perform the duties of a physiotherapist and physiotherapist only. I told him he shouldn't be tweaking frames or allowing patients to perform their own modifications without discretion of the doctor. He shouldn't be giving radiologists advice on how to perform a measurement because it is their first day at work. He took personal offence to all of my criticism. If that's the way people react to criticism here, then so be it. He said I have no right to post a lot of the things I have on here and I had to give a lesson on freedom of expression. This isn't old forum , guys, sorry.

Other patients were queried for their opinions on certain issues and everyone else was laconic during the meeting. I hate to be pinned as the downfall of their business, but if one negative review is enough to topple an entire operation, then it probably wasn't a sustainable operation to begin with. If everyone else is ecstatic with their results and the care they received while here, then let those individuals post of their experiences of their own liberty. That doesn't seem to be happening.

It wouldn't surprise me if more people from the guesthouse ended up posting their uncensored thoughts on here after their return home. Must be hard to say anything to people who take offense easily when they're the ones taking care of you. With all the problems it seems like it would be more beneficial to stay in a hotel and just hire a caretaker to do errands. That way the only one you deal with is your doc. I'll be in Delhi this April to see a number of orthopedic surgeons. I'll probably keep the doctor's identity as TBA until I return home, that way I can put down exactly what I think from day 1 without worry of being reprimanded by anyone who gets hurt pride should an issue arise.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »

If he trained under Dr Paley, does Dr.Parihar offer Precice2?
i had a consultation with Dr Mangal Parihar a week before and asked if he offers internal nail for which his answer was that there are no internal nails in India yet . So i think precice2 is out of question in India at this stage .
There are certain rules and regulations (protocols) in order to introduce internal nails in India for which Dr Sarin's internal HNL is not even close to . in fact i believe performing the surgery for internal HNL is also a malpractice and not legal , may be that is why Dr Sarin is coming up with these ideas of NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT (NDA) to save is ass if something goes wrong which i think will definitely happen ..!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:22:59 PM by Machine »

Machine

« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »

hey GTorDT ,
If i were you i wouldn't consider India as an option for LL . i m an Indian and its been 1 year since my surgery i have complication and i m still on my recovery phase , i despise myself for doing surgery with Dr Sarin . 95% of doctors you will find in india are similar to Dr Sarin and Dr Sringari .
go to china or russia if you want to end up fine or else wait till you have enough budget to go with western doctors or else don't do LL at all .

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2014, 05:06:52 PM »

sringari also offered on a separate deal precise.

Machine

« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »

hey poly ,
i have been through this stage and i know how you are feeling . Despite all the drama , you kept on doing what is right and i admire you for that . do not regret about a single thing you wrote on this forum , you are the one who is suffering right now not them .
keep yourself strong and hopefully you will come out of it fine .
if you planning to visit Dr Mangal Parihar then i will be happy to assist you as i m in mumbai and will be here for few months . same goes to everyone on this forum who need help in mumbai till i m here . i m still learning about this city as this is my 1st time here .
take care

Machine

« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »

sringari also offered on a separate deal precise.
i really do not know how is he offering precise .??  Dr Mangal Parihar is the most famous doctor in india regarding Ilizarov along with some other doctors . but he is on my number 1 list in india .
i will explain in short ,
Association for the Study and Application of the Method of Ilizarov (ASAMI) is an international organisation that is related to Ilizarov. And below link shows the key people in ASAMI INDIA .
http://orthopaedicprinciples.com/2013/10/asami-india-meeting/

this part is important all on this forum that ASAMI international congress will be held in india on September 18 - 21, 2014 Hotel Grand Hyatt Goa, Goa, India .
and this below link shows all the faculty members from india and around the world .. which includes famous and well known
Dr Dror Paley
Dr R. Robert Rozbruch
Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet
and many more who are all famous regarding Ilizarov . i hope this will help all of us for knowledge .
http://asamiindia2014.com/faculty.html

Now do you see Sarin or Sringari in indian faculty list ...?? A BIG NO ..!! but still one is blindly doing HNL and the other is talking about precice so that they can f**k the patients and scratch money out of them .

but you can see well know Dr Mangal Parihar , Dr Milind Chaudhary etc
Actually i also thought to set up a LL program in India in a good way ... but first i had to be sure about the doctor who can deliver as promised . i met with Dr Manish Dhawan from Delhi and Dr Suhas Shah from mumbai (they both are active ASAMI member) recently but overall i guess i was not ready to put myself at risk of promoting them and end up like crazy+6 if something wrong happens with the program , i m already tired with my complication and my life that i slowly stopped writing in this forum also . i m not saying these two are bad doctor , i m sure they are good but who knows about the future ..!! there are some part of things that i didn't like about them , i guess i was finding perfection in LL doctors so that patients won't suffer .
why i think Dr Mangal Parihar is the best LL surgeon in India is because he has done extensive workshop on Ilizarov from 2008 as you can see in this link http://www.pitkar.com/event.html scroll down to bottom and then go up and see how many times Dr Mangal Parihar has organised workshop by conducted Pitkar (ortho tools company) in india and other asian countries too. it shows how much knowledgeable this doctor . i can recall bigfaker comparing Dr Sarin and Dr Sringari with Dr Mangal Parihar which was no offence but kinda stupid .

anyways , i hope every LL brothers and Ladies ;) does take this CLL and CLS very seriously .
remember "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".
And if you are half crippled then your journey is going to be really tough ..!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:41:04 PM by Machine »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2014, 06:40:07 PM »

i really do not know how is he offering precise .??  Dr Mangal Parihar is the most famous doctor in india regarding Ilizarov along with some other doctors . but he is on my number 1 list in india .
i will explain in short ,
Association for the Study and Application of the Method of Ilizarov (ASAMI) is an international organisation that is related to Ilizarov. And below link shows the key people in ASAMI INDIA .
http://orthopaedicprinciples.com/2013/10/asami-india-meeting/

this part is important all on this forum that ASAMI international congress will be held in india on September 18 - 21, 2014 Hotel Grand Hyatt Goa, Goa, India .
and this below link shows all the faculty members from india and around the world .. which includes famous and well known
Dr Dror Paley
Dr R. Robert Rozbruch
Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet
and many more who are all famous regarding Ilizarov . i hope this will help all of us for knowledge .
http://asamiindia2014.com/faculty.html

Now do you see Sarin or Sringari in indian faculty list ...?? A BIG NO ..!! but still one is blindly doing HNL and the other is talking about precice so that they can f**k the patients and scratch money out of them .

but you can see well know Dr Mangal Parihar , Dr Milind Chaudhary etc
Actually i also thought to set up a LL program in India in a good way ... but first i had to be sure about the doctor who can deliver as promised . i met with Dr Manish Dhawan from Delhi and Dr Suhas Shah from mumbai (they both are active ASAMI member) recently but overall i guess i was not ready to put myself at risk of promoting them and end up like crazy+6 if something wrong happens with the program , i m already tired with my complication and my life that i slowly stopped writing in this forum also . i m not saying these two are bad doctor , i m sure they are good but who knows about the future ..!! there are some part of things that i didn't like about them , i guess i was finding perfection in LL doctors so that patients won't suffer .
why i think Dr Mangal Parihar is the best LL surgeon in India is because he has done extensive workshop on Ilizarov from 2008 as you can see in this link http://www.pitkar.com/event.html scroll down to bottom and then go up and see how many times Dr Mangal Parihar has organised workshop by conducted Pitkar (ortho tools company)

anyways , i hope every LL brothers and Ladies ;) does take this CLL and CLS very seriously .
remember "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".
And if you are half crippled then your journey is going to be really tough ..!!

I've had a few e-mail exchanges with Dr Dhawan and have arranged to meet with him (including a few more doctors) once I arrive in Delhi. I'm interested in knowing how your meeting with him went (you can PM me too if that's preferable) and things you liked/disliked. Might help me pick up on things during our consultation.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2014, 09:49:15 PM »

those doctors should be the recommended doctors list lol

im not joking.

Polycrates.

« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2014, 04:03:33 PM »

Had frames removed this morning. Best feeling in the world right now. The doctor said I got 6.2cm. It's definitely feasible since I've turned closer to 9cm, but if that CT scan (4.4cm left, 4.6cm right) a couple weeks back was accurate then it's impossible to be right. I've only turned 8mm since Feb 25th (maybe 1cm maximum) due to the time I took off from the nerve pain. I hope it's true, but I'm not counting on it.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »

6.2 cm not bad. I know the feeling, anyone who doesn't have a smooth lengthening,  frame removal is like a salvation from torture.

We made the decision,  we stick to it, cest la vie.

Smallguy

« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2014, 03:35:21 AM »

Good for you man. I'm very happy for you. Hope things will turn out neatly in the end.

How is the toe?

So now you are the manover? Cool!
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Polycrates.

« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2014, 05:41:53 AM »

If I've really gained the 6cm he says it would put me near to 184cm morning height. I can't wrap my head around how it's possible though. The guy at the hospital who measures the CT must be incompetent or Sringari was overzealous in his measurement on the OT... We'll see. The toe has excellent movement in flexion, adduction, abduction, but still no extension.... I'm pretty sure the nerve for the extensor hallucis brevis muscle was damaged/severed like Birkholtz suggested. I've also read the nerve that acts to extend the big toe is the same nerve that extents the small toes, which are working fine, so...At least it's just a part of the toe's movement and not complete drop foot.

I take it more seriously than they take it not just because it's my body, but I also have an inkling that if this is left untreated it may lead to more severe symptoms in the future. Sringari telling me it'll be fine to live with without giving me any possible solutions for it rubbed me wrong. I'll go to a doc back home and see what they say. Maybe I'll need some sort of nerve graft. Just hope I can get it back without too much trouble.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:08:28 AM by Polycrates. »

mediocre

« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2014, 12:31:32 PM »

All the best brother!

Polycrates.

« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »

Took a rough measurement today. Stood against a wall with a walker and had the caretaker mark a line. We measured 185.4cm. However, I have about 2cm of ballerina and I was straight out of bed, so during the day I'll probably end up closer to 182cm :( :'(. I hope I can keep as much as possible, but we'll see. My wingspan is only 183cm, so femurs seems like it wouldn't be a good idea for me in the future. I really wish I had a wingspan like 188cm or something like some 173cm happen to have. Oh well....

Blackhawk

« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2014, 12:22:06 PM »

182 is a good height!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2014, 06:42:56 PM »

Took a rough measurement today. Stood against a wall with a walker and had the caretaker mark a line. We measured 185.4cm. However, I have about 2cm of ballerina and I was straight out of bed, so during the day I'll probably end up closer to 182cm :( :'(. I hope I can keep as much as possible, but we'll see. My wingspan is only 183cm, so femurs seems like it wouldn't be a good idea for me in the future. I really wish I had a wingspan like 188cm or something like some 173cm happen to have. Oh well....

Are you still going to consult some other surgeons in India before you fly back home?

Polycrates.

« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2014, 06:56:32 PM »

I was set on going to Dr. Parihar in Mumbai, but I'm running short on time and money. I attempted to contact Dr. Talwar, but I got no response. It would have been nice to meet Parihar in person, but there's really not much he could do for me, and what I would receive from him I can get for free back home.

I walked today on crutches, and it was decent, so I expect that I can board the plane on crutches. I've been the most critical of the boys at Sringari's, but it seems I might come out as the best result. I attest this to listening to the body when it wants to stop, and lengthening slow and to a sensible length. You also have to be the boss of your own body, and raise hell if you feel or know that something is going amiss and nothing is being done about it. Unfortunately, these variables vary per the individual.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:59:34 PM by Polycrates. »

Polycrates.

« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2014, 06:15:41 AM »

I'll be meeting with Dr. Talwar tonight at his private clinic. Will let everyone know how it goes.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2014, 06:35:59 AM »

Excellent.  Did that email I gave you work or was it through the info email?

Arche

« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2014, 03:07:48 PM »

Hey Poly, can we get a picture of your legs? Thanks!

Polycrates.

« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2014, 03:14:07 PM »

Get one for you tomorrow.

Polycrates.

« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2014, 11:23:42 PM »

Update:

At home now. My airline offered me a reduced ticket price for leaving on Monday rather than Wednesday, so I ended up leaving quite abruptly. In the airport I was given wheelchair assistance for the majority of the walking lengths. I had to use crutches aboard the air plane and the little walking I was required to do. I feigned injury on my right leg. I stood quite easily on my left leg while bearing some weight on the crutches. When people asked what happened, I told them I was hit by a car and had multiple fractures in the right tibia.

I am extremely worried about my proportions. Most people in the airport bought my story (probably out of trying to be considerate) but I sensed that some people knew what I had done. As I had a 10 hour layover, I had ample time to observe people's proportions. I observed pretty much without exception that all people have femurs considerably longer than their tibiae. My tibiae are slightly longer than my femurs. I sat beside some guys that were in the 6ft-6ft3 range and I had longer tibiae than all of them. When people sit, their femurs angle down and the tibiae tuck neatly under the knee. When I sit my knees point upwards and my knees are 2 inches higher than 6ft3 guys.  I noticed that tall guys are usually tall in the femurs and back. This just made me feel ridiculous. I kind of wish I had opted for femurs.

Maybe it was because I was walking on crutches and in a wheelchair, but I sensed that I drew quite a bit of attention. There were a few instances where women would whisper something to one another after looking at me and then snicker. I saw one person use their thumb and index to create a lengthening gesture and then the other person nodded. I haven't walked normally yet, so I hope that when I am, my proportions won't appear as ridiculous as they currently do. 

DREAM

« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2014, 02:04:58 AM »

Why should you care what other people think? Do you know these people in real life? Did they endure the pain and suffering you took to complete your journey? No, so fk them

BilateralDamage

« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2014, 03:11:27 AM »

Maybe it was because I was walking on crutches and in a wheelchair, but I sensed that I drew quite a bit of attention. There were a few instances where women would whisper something to one another after looking at me and then snicker. I saw one person use their thumb and index to create a lengthening gesture and then the other person nodded. I haven't walked normally yet, so I hope that when I am, my proportions won't appear as ridiculous as they currently do.

I think you're being a little overly self-conscious and paranoid.  Unless your tibias were freakishly long, and I mean you lengthened 20+ cm on them, no one would bat an eye at you.  The only reason people were looking at you and curious was because you were handicapped.

alps

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »

Dude very little people know about this surgery. Relax!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up