Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: People who do over 5cm per segment: why?  (Read 6215 times)

CaptainAmerica

People who do over 5cm per segment: why?
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »

Every result that exceeds that length faces complications and has trouble recovering in the long term. This has been common knowledge for almost 2 years now on here but people are still doing it. Just curious why,.

ZUCC420

Re: People who do over 5cm per segment: why?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »

Well I don't know about other people but I am only 163 cm or 5'4" and I have to lengthen my legs by 12 cm to reach the average that is 175 cm/ 5'9". I plan to do CLL and lengthen equally my femur and tibia by 6cm.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Knik

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 09:11:51 PM »

I've seen many diaries of people doing 6-7 cm or even 8cm and everything was good.
so "every results" = bull  
Looking for Pili

MirinHeight

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »

Well I don't know about other people but I am only 163 cm or 5'4" and I have to lengthen my legs by 12 cm to reach the average that is 175 cm/ 5'9". I plan to do CLL and lengthen equally my femur and tibia by 6cm.

should do 7 femur
5 tibia
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 10:04:43 PM »

I've seen many diaries of people doing 6-7 cm or even 8cm and everything was good.
so "every results" = bull

Would appreciate a link.

I’m really curious.

Are you counting guys like DIFM?

He’s “satisfied” but had disunion for a long time trouble walking etc...

Ideal is recovery to be able to walk and run again and have healthy full bones.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 10:07:47 PM »

Have you seen how poor proportions look once you pass 3 inches? Especially the shorter the height you start off at.

I wouldn’t suggest going over 3 inches, seriously. Just naturally in real life look at a 5’4 guy and a 5’7 guy and how different their bodies are.

IMO this surgery should be 2 inches recommend 3.5 inches max. Anything beyond that good luck recovering and good luck in old age.

FormerKidd

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 11:01:05 PM »

Every result that exceeds that length faces complications and has trouble recovering in the long term. This has been common knowledge for almost 2 years now on here but people are still doing it. Just curious why,.
I can't speak to Surgeons elsewhere, but a lot of the western doctors use Precise, and the up-front cost of the procedure, PT, .etc is basically the same no matter how far you go.  When you're investing so much in this, it's mentally hard to accept less.  I bet if the pricing was different based on the length and reflected the additional cost of recovery for long lengths, people would choose differently.

That said, from my admirably non-scientific review of people's stories, it seems like 6-6.5cm on the femurs seem not to have a problem; those who push closer to 8cm seem to have a lot of problems.  (If anyone disagrees with my assessment, I'm curious to hear.). For tibia, you might be right, but I haven't looked at closely.

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 11:21:57 PM »

Because 10cm are not enough for many of us.
I wouldn't do 2 LLs only to hit 1.78 while I reached 1.75+ with 1.
And if I didn't used crap monorails and could walk from the beginning I would't have bf and do atl and all these  , I'd have beem finee even with 7.5cm on my tibias.
My proportions look better than before LL and after a second 7cm on my femurs I'd look even better.

5cm are safe(r) but that doesn't mean that with 7cm you'll have permanent problems, especially on femurs.
Yes, the rehabilitation will be longer but nothing more.

And yes, if someone has a good starting height then 5-6 cm in one segment are more than ok but if someone is less than 1.65 then 10cm are nothing special for all the money and the time 2LL need.
Moreover, 1 LL of 5cm is nothing for lets say an 1.60cm man. He becomes from way too short to just very short. Nothing special.

So for all this reasons people do more than 5cm. And it is very normal.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 11:33:15 PM »

Because 10cm are not enough for many of us.
I wouldn't do 2 LLs only to hit 1.78 while I reached 1.75+ with 1.
And if I didn't used crap monorails and could walk from the beginning I would't have bf and do atl and all these  , I'd have beem finee even with 7.5cm on my tibias.
My proportions look better than before LL and after a second 7cm on my femurs I'd look even better.

5cm are safe(r) but that doesn't mean that with 7cm you'll have permanent problems, especially on femurs.
Yes, the rehabilitation will be longer but nothing more.

And yes, if someone has a good starting height then 5-6 cm in one segment are more than ok but if someone is less than 1.65 then 10cm are nothing special for all the money and the time 2LL need.
Moreover, 1 LL of 5cm is nothing for lets say an 1.60cm man. He becomes from way too short to just very short. Nothing special.

So for all this reasons people do more than 5cm. And it is very normal.

I find that hard to believe. This is what someone who lengthens 3 inches looks like:

And after that point, it only gets worse. Remember for every inch in human height, the head, chest, hands, etc... They all get much bigger in proportion as well.

Idk, maybe I just see this surgery different than 99.9% of the people on here. I'm not trying to be "tall" I know I'll never be tall, my 5'6 head, frame, body, torso length, chest, etc.. They were never ever meant for a tall person. That's fine, I'm alright with being 5'8, 5'9, I know I can look reasonable there. But I definitely won't look reasonable at 5'11, standing next to other guys.

Not to mention the mechanical problems you'll face when you pass say, 8cm total as well. A lot of people on hear don't want to accept it, but it's the reality. Be thankful that you are able to cheat your genetics for any height at all, but you won't be tall and you won't look good tall nor will you function well.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 11:39:56 PM »

Here's a good example of 5'5 Bruno Mars next to 5'9 Adele at face level.

And remember, females have much smaller heads than men on average. Just look at how ridiculous that looks. His shoulder girdle and body frame is much less wide than hers as well, even when you account for her weight, it's obvious to the eyes.

IMO a big mistake people on here make is taking solo photos of themselves in a distorted mirror or from an angle that makes their torsos look longer so they look better when they make mockups.... You have to think about what you'd look like next to REAL people. What you see alone in the mirror doesn't matter.

myloginacct

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 11:53:05 PM »

CLL is already a big gamble with a big money and time commitment, so I think most people just try pushing it as far as their body allows.

Which is not the wisest choice, but it's understandable.

Quote from: CaptainAmerica
Remember for every inch in human height, the head, chest, hands, etc... They all get much bigger in proportion as well.

There's enough natural variation in humanity that I don't find this a factor at all. It'd be like wondering if Trump got LL done because his hands are too small for his height. Smaller head sizes are also actively selected for in East Asia, because they find it a sign of beauty.

I won't discuss what looks good, either. I just find the worry that others will care or notice minor dis-proportionality to be greatly overstated here. If you want height over perfect proportions, go for it. The risk of complications should be the main worry.

Quote from: CaptainAmerica
Idk, maybe I just see this surgery different than 99.9% of the people on here. I'm not trying to be "tall" I know I'll never be tall, my 5'6 head, frame, body, torso length, chest, etc.. They were never ever meant for a tall person. That's fine, I'm alright with being 5'8, 5'9, I know I can look reasonable there.

Hey, that's good. Despite what I just said, I think aiming for safer amounts and being satisfied with them is the way to go.

Knik

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 09:44:42 AM »

Correcting CaptainAmerica, Bruno Mars is way less than 5-5 and Adele is not even 5-8 (probably 5-7)
Stop believing them, you can well see there is not 10 cm between them
Looking for Pili

ZUCC420

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 12:30:56 PM »

It really sucks that my I am gonna be disproportionate after lengthening 12 cm but I have no choice guys. I want to reproduce and being this short I would never get to date girls that are close to 173-175 cm. I already hate my father for passing on his manlet genes but now I have to "responsible" and will have to marry a girl that is tall and can't do that at 163 cm only.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

ZUCC420

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 12:32:57 PM »

Here's a good example of 5'5 Bruno Mars next to 5'9 Adele at face level.

And remember, females have much smaller heads than men on average. Just look at how ridiculous that looks. His shoulder girdle and body frame is much less wide than hers as well, even when you account for her weight, it's obvious to the eyes.

IMO a big mistake people on here make is taking solo photos of themselves in a distorted mirror or from an angle that makes their torsos look longer so they look better when they make mockups.... You have to think about what you'd look like next to REAL people. What you see alone in the mirror doesn't matter.

Guess I will have to do some HGH to increase my head and hands size. Hopefully Penis size will increase aswell.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »

Correcting CaptainAmerica, Bruno Mars is way less than 5-5 and Adele is not even 5-8 (probably 5-7)
Stop believing them, you can well see there is not 10 cm between them

Okay so Bruno Mars is 5’4 and she is 5’’8...

And the reason their isn’t that much difference between them is because Adele is kneeling down slightly.

That’s why I used this photo, to show how different their proportions are since they’re both at face level.

Still the truth is the truth, lengthening over 3 inches you will look comical in real life next to other people.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 12:57:17 PM »

It really sucks that my I am gonna be disproportionate after lengthening 12 cm but I have no choice guys. I want to reproduce and being this short I would never get to date girls that are close to 173-175 cm. I already hate my father for passing on his manlet genes but now I have to "responsible" and will have to marry a girl that is tall and can't do that at 163 cm only.

Lol girls of that height still won’t like you because you will be much smaller than them. Even if you worked out you would probably still be just as wide as them and have a smaller head. They will compare you to previous boyfriends and immediately know. Sorry bro.

MirinHeight

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 01:08:23 PM »

Lol girls of that height still won’t like you because you will be much smaller than them. Even if you worked out you would probably still be just as wide as them and have a smaller head. They will compare you to previous boyfriends and immediately know. Sorry bro.

everybody has a different bone structure. ive seen some wide ass men with big heads that are 5'6-5'7

but you are right for the most part. I am lengthening only 3-4 cm to avoid any problems with proportions. (but i also can prob get away with lengthening more because i have short legs... wear only 30 inseam)

MirinHeight

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 01:10:41 PM »

also you can add some width to your shoulders by hitting your side delts hard.

but i feel one should only do 3 inches if they have the appropriate bone structure/ratios to still look proportionate

the biggest deterrent should not be head size.

it is shoulder width, arm length, torso to leg ratio.

MirinHeight

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 01:13:16 PM »

I find that hard to believe. This is what someone who lengthens 3 inches looks like:

And after that point, it only gets worse. Remember for every inch in human height, the head, chest, hands, etc... They all get much bigger in proportion as well.

Idk, maybe I just see this surgery different than 99.9% of the people on here. I'm not trying to be "tall" I know I'll never be tall, my 5'6 head, frame, body, torso length, chest, etc.. They were never ever meant for a tall person. That's fine, I'm alright with being 5'8, 5'9, I know I can look reasonable there. But I definitely won't look reasonable at 5'11, standing next to other guys.

Not to mention the mechanical problems you'll face when you pass say, 8cm total as well. A lot of people on hear don't want to accept it, but it's the reality. Be thankful that you are able to cheat your genetics for any height at all, but you won't be tall and you won't look good tall nor will you function well.

the guy on the right... his head and hand size looks fine. its actually bigger than the guy on left.
the biggest factor is his arm length and shoulder width which make him look not proportional

ZUCC420

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »

@CaptainAmerica Are you sure about this? I thought I heard some where that a 5'8" guy has the same torso and head as a 6 feet guy or something, I have seen many 5'9"s with small head but the only thing that'll be a problem is the torso length and wingspan.

ZUCC420

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 01:43:57 PM »

@MirinHeight yeah my wingspan is shorter than my height because of my stumpy forearms, but my shoulders are wide. Torso is long and legs are shorter especially the femur.

myloginacct

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 01:46:55 PM »

@CaptainAmerica Are you sure about this? I thought I heard some where that a 5'8" guy has the same torso and head as a 6 feet guy or something, I have seen many 5'9"s with small head but the only thing that'll be a problem is the torso length and wingspan.

Take every claim posted in these forums without proper sources with a big grain of salt.

Knik

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 01:51:10 PM »

I don'tt understand why guys go over 2 cm per segment, everything after it is disproportionnal and dangerous
Looking for Pili

Body Builder

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 02:16:03 PM »

Okay so Bruno Mars is 5’4 and she is 5’’8...

And the reason their isn’t that much difference between them is because Adele is kneeling down slightly.

That’s why I used this photo, to show how different their proportions are since they’re both at face level.

Still the truth is the truth, lengthening over 3 inches you will look comical in real life next to other people.
Stop saying things you don't know!.
I lengthened 3 inches and I look completely normal.
Yes my torso is a little short but my arms, my shoulders, my wrists, my head and generally everything is bigger than most of the men that are physically in my current height (5.9).
And I am sure I'll look better than most of the men of 5.11 height after I'll do my second LL because I'll be relatively tall without the skinny look that most of tall men have.
A short built man that does LL and is now more than average height due to longer legs but has still a bulk torso looks better than the majority of tall men.

So don't spread bs taking as an example a skinny little boy like Mars because there are plenty of short guys that looks like Lee Priest or Scott Caan (to not talk about bbers) that look like normal men but just short, not like kids. All these men will look terribly good after LL.

Tiger9898

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 02:38:52 PM »

Stop saying things you don't know!.
I lengthened 3 inches and I look completely normal.
Yes my torso is a little short but my arms, my shoulders, my wrists, my head and generally everything is bigger than most of the men that are physically in my current height (5.9).
And I am sure I'll look better than most of the men of 5.11 height after I'll do my second LL because I'll be relatively tall without the skinny look that most of tall men have.
A short built man that does LL and is now more than average height due to longer legs but has still a bulk torso looks better than the majority of tall men.

So don't spread bs taking as an example a skinny little boy like Mars because there are plenty of short guys that looks like Lee Priest or Scott Caan (to not talk about bbers) that look like normal men but just short, not like kids. All these men will look terribly good after LL.
How about the ones who have small head size? There is nothing to make head bigger. I am a guy (162,5 cm, wingspan 163)  with small head size, and I really hate this ((. Even if i lengthen let's say by 10 cm (2 operations),  i will end up with long legs and small head size. It seems like there is no way for a person who is below 165 with small head. Can building up muscles help to avoid this problem?
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

MirinHeight

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 02:42:49 PM »

also bruno mars is skinny af. dude legit looks like a twig

i advise everyone whos doing ll, to work out really hard especially your side delts and your back.

MirinHeight

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2018, 02:48:27 PM »

How about the ones who have small head size? There is nothing to make head bigger. I am a guy (162,5 cm, wingspan 163)  with small head size, and I really hate this ((. Even if i lengthen let's say by 10 cm (2 operations),  i will end up with long legs and small head size. It seems like there is no way for a person who is below 165 with small head. Can building up muscles help to avoid this problem?

anyone who does 10 cm, will look somewhat disproportionate at the end of ll.

it is up to you to decide if 10 cm of height is more beneficial to you than being less proportionate.

ZUCC420

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 02:50:58 PM »

Yap will definitively have to work out the shoulders to make it look legit, @Tiger9898 brah do you think guys at our starting height are privileged enough to give a crap about proportions or head size or some bull ? I honestly just want to be tall and functioning that's enough for me.

myloginacct

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »

Natural proportions aren't perfect, and perfect proportions aren't necessarily natural. This is a point that I think gets missed here.

Different genes control the growth of different parts of your body, even if most of it is regulated by HGH. You may end as someone with small hands, short legs, or short arms for your height. If limb lengthening was easy, a lot more people would do it.

MirinHeight

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »

Natural proportions aren't perfect, and perfect proportions aren't necessarily natural. This is a point that I think gets missed here.

Different genes control the growth of different parts of your body, even if most of it is regulated by HGH. You may end as someone with small hands, short legs, or short arms for your height. If limb lengthening was easy, a lot more people would do it.

true there are many outliers.
the question is... do you want to be an outlier?

doing 10+ cm puts you in outlier category for proportions

myloginacct

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2018, 03:25:42 PM »

true there are many outliers.
the question is... do you want to be an outlier?

doing 10+ cm puts you in outlier category for proportions

I'd take it, but I understand people who won't. Personally, I find the importance of just looking taller to be more important than proportions. However, that's probably due to my height. I guess I'd also not think that way if I was your height.

I also don't think disproportional = worse looking. It all depends on many factors.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up