Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it worth it at 5’9  (Read 8827 times)

sxxa

Re: Is it worth it at 5’9
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2023, 12:48:06 PM »

Let's just disregard the women / dating aspects to wanting to get LL done as a short man in a society that makes it extremely challenging for short men to try and succeed in. Many average height and tall dudes love to larp that "its all about confidence", and "As a 6'1 guy I can tell you that being tall isn't all that..."

Look at this random scientific study, its quite brutal.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1570677X11001523

Using an Italian survey, we investigate the effect of height on individual happiness. We find that a large part of the effect of height on well-being is driven by a positive correlation between height and economic and health conditions. However, for young men the effect of height on happiness persists even after controlling for these variables, implying that height is associated with some psycho-social direct effects on well-being. Consistent with this hypothesis, we find that men care not only about their own height but also about the height of others in their reference group. Well-being is greater for individuals who are taller than other men in their reference group. Results are robust to different definitions of reference group and controlling for a number of other reference group characteristics.

Highlights

>We investigate the association between height and individual subjective well-being in Italy.

>We find that height is positively associated with the well-being of 18-42 years old males.

>We find a relative height effect for young males.

>These results possibly suggest a self-esteem or social dominance effect of height on well-being.

Once you start reading beyond the abstract it gets so much worse:

>Being tall is associated with a number of advantages. Tall people (excluding the extremely tall) are more likely to have a long term partner and to have children (Nettle, 2002a, Nettle, 2002b); they attain higher levels of education (Magnusson et al., 2006) and receive higher wages than shorter people, even after controlling for the level of education acquired, the type of job performed (Persico et al., 2004, Herpin, 2005, Heineck, 2006, Case and Paxson, 2008, Hubler, 2009, Cinnirella et al., 2011) and irrespective of the physical strenuousness of the job (Bockerman et al., 2010). In addition, they have more chance of playing sports at a professional level or becoming supermodels (Saint Onge et al., 2008).1 Height seems to have a strong inverse association with suicide risk (Magnusson et al., 2005) and it is also positively associated with life expectancy (Koch, 2011). All these findings together seem to indicate that there is more chance of tall people enjoying a better life. This is confirmed by some empirical papers that find a positive correlation between height and subjective well-being (Keyes, 1980, Cohen, 2009, Rees et al., 2009, Deaton and Arora, 2009, Denny, 2010). As height is also associated with some costs, for example expenses for special clothes, high ceiling homes, the relationship between height and well-being is probably an inverse U.

Many larps online say you don't need LL as a short man, and to "just be confident bro", as if heightism was only relevant in the world of dating. The unfortunate truth is being a very short man is playing life on ultra hard mode, everything you do, everything you want in life, your height overshadows you and permeates it all. Many will say we are simply insecure for wanting this surgery and to just compensate on other aspects to get more women. The honest truth is heightism goes far beyond that, as I'm sure many of us can attest to. In my opinion, this is potentially the truly life changing, game changing, transformation that can benefit in every aspect of life especially if they are in the very short 5'4 - 5'6 category.

I completely agree with you, and those studies are very real.  The distinction I'm trying to make is, yes we all want to be taller (no pun intended to Turkish butchers  ;D) to be able to date more girls, but this procedure isn't a game, nor a light cosmetic change, is a surgery where you are literally risking your life or get crippled, so I wouldn't advice anybody to undergo this extremely enduring procedure based solely on wanting to date girls.

Understand this; the reason you do this is for you, for your mental health, for you wanting to improve something you were not born with, to increase your overall confidence in life. But it's a painful challenge, a rough one so, keep in my mind yourself first.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Ronman

« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2023, 01:39:49 AM »

I'm 171cm during the day
If I was 175cm during the day I wouldn't do it.

timmythehand

• Visitor
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2023, 03:32:57 PM »

Just throwing this out there, but I'm 5' 9" and have definitely been called short on numerous occasions. I have great posture, a solid gym build, but from girls and guys have heard short. Not all the time, and it's not like anyone has ever said "really" short, but I've heard it. It's wild to me that a few inches longer in the legs would change everyone's perspective so much, since my build is that of a 6'+ guy. Just had my legs stop growing a bit too soon.

AllinStryde

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2023, 05:40:40 PM »

Is this surgery worth it at 5'9"...no...it is not.

m4rked0ne

• Visitor
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2023, 10:22:40 AM »

I cant wrap my head around people claiming that this surgery needs to be done for yourself not for other people. How delusional are you? Nobody would so this if they were  the last person on earth. The whole point is to be taller relative to others to have an easier life, have a better work life and get more girls. Yes you do get more girls up until 6'5. Yes you do have to earn more to make up for your height up until 6'5. This is life, it isn't fair, its fked up but it is what it is. Sure there is a diminishing return after some point. Can you be happy and successfull at 5'4? Yes. It is irrelevant though. That same guy would be cruising through life at 6'5 with a fraction of the same effort if he could pull it off at 5'4. Did quad lengthening for a 13 cm.

Body Builder

« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »

I cant wrap my head around people claiming that this surgery needs to be done for yourself not for other people. How delusional are you? Nobody would so this if they were  the last person on earth. The whole point is to be taller relative to others to have an easier life, have a better work life and get more girls. Yes you do get more girls up until 6'5. Yes you do have to earn more to make up for your height up until 6'5. This is life, it isn't fair, its fked up but it is what it is. Sure there is a diminishing return after some point. Can you be happy and successfull at 5'4? Yes. It is irrelevant though. That same guy would be cruising through life at 6'5 with a fraction of the same effort if he could pull it off at 5'4. Did quad lengthening for a 13 cm.
6.5 is not a good height for anything except.from some sports like tennis.
Almost anyone would prefer to be even 5.9 compared to 6.5. After 6.2-6.3 at max, height becomes a clear drawback.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2023, 09:59:36 PM »

I loved his surgery just like I love my interests

m4rked0ne

• Visitor
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2023, 06:51:26 AM »

Almost anyone would prefer to be even 5.9 compared to 6.5. After 6.2-6.3 at max, height becomes a clear drawback.

::)

NailedLegs

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2023, 10:14:30 PM »

I agree with you on the first part. Everyone does this procedure because of other people, not for themselves. But I disagree with 6'5" being the optimal height.

As body builder said, after around 6'2-6'3, height becomes a drawback. If you cannot get laid at 6'3", you will not be able to get laid at 6'5". If you cannot get a promotion at work being 6'3", you will not be able to get it being 6'5". Height is not the issue by that point.

If you insist on getting a surgical procedure, but you're already 6'2"+, you are better off getting a rhinoplasty, double jaw surgery, hair transplant, implants/fillers, depending on what your "weakspot" is. You will receive far more benefit having a full head of hair, having a nicely shaped nose, or a strong jawline than you would more height. And all of those things are far cheaper and less recovery time than limb lengthening.
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2023, 10:42:19 PM »

I agree with you on the first part. Everyone does this procedure because of other people, not for themselves. But I disagree with 6'5" being the optimal height.

As body builder said, after around 6'2-6'3, height becomes a drawback. If you cannot get laid at 6'3", you will not be able to get laid at 6'5". If you cannot get a promotion at work being 6'3", you will not be able to get it being 6'5". Height is not the issue by that point.

If you insist on getting a surgical procedure, but you're already 6'2"+, you are better off getting a rhinoplasty, double jaw surgery, hair transplant, implants/fillers, depending on what your "weakspot" is. You will receive far more benefit having a full head of hair, having a nicely shaped nose, or a strong jawline than you would more height. And all of those things are far cheaper and less recovery time than limb lengthening.
I am really wondering if these 6' or so guys who claim they are dying for an LL surgery will really feel confident after doing it or even do it in the end. Tbh if you are not confident even though you are already 6', it means you have severe mental issues that LL can't fix and you will still be not confident when you are taller than 6'.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up