Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportions!! Will I look alright at 5'9  (Read 6727 times)

Morgenst.

Proportions!! Will I look alright at 5'9
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »

Hello everyone I am new to the forum but not to the LL community I'm curious what you guys think about my goals and if I've got any chance in hell at looking normal after my surgeries. I should say I plan to do my tibias and femurs over the next few years I am currently 5'4 and I will not accept being any less than 5'9 after all is done I know its a huge amount of lengthening to do but I think I can pull it off because my wingspan is 5'7 and I've got fairly broad shoulders so I wouldn't look like some of those extremely odd skinny tall people you see every now and then in the street and wonder if they ever eat you know. I know several people that have gone an inch or two above their wingspan and look fantastic so I'm not too worried bout it however my sitting height is extremely short due to my short torso I'm bout 81cm sitting and I realize that would definitely make me look odd after lengthening 6inches overall  but I believe clothes can help me give the appearance of a larger torso I am one of those skinny jeans low on waist long shirt wearing kind of guys so if I did that I think I could pull 5'9 off anyways what do you guys think? Any advice or comments really appreciated even if you don't comment thanks for hearing me ramble cheers :D

Re: Proportions!! Will I look alright at 5'9
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:44:52 PM »

Don't think to much about how you will look like after 2 surgeries, do one and you will see from there on.

Also you shouldn't obsess with proportions because no really cares about them, except maybe you :D

Overdozer

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:14:21 PM »

Also you shouldn't obsess with proportions because no really cares about them, except maybe you :D
I agree, proportions are overrated.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Morgenst.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:17:01 PM »

Yeah I just wanted opinions since at times people can make themselves see what they want to  didn't want to be one of those mean don't want to end up looking as a circus performer walking on peg legs you know

Overdozer

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »

Alright then, if you want opinions, take a look

Those are the normal sitting height / height ratios for dutch males. The very average is 0.51. It correlates with height, shorter people will have higher SH/H ratios. Your current ratio is 0.50, if you lengthen 6 inches, it will be 0.462. You should be able to get away with 4 inches, though.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

kunta kinte

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 11:50:43 PM »

Yeah I just wanted opinions since at times people can make themselves see what they want to  didn't want to be one of those mean don't want to end up looking as a circus performer walking on peg legs you know
hey herron52, welcome to the forum. First of all i would like to say that your sitting height of 81 cm makes your leg length about 81-82cm(if youre 163 cm tall as you say). That wold tramslate into your legs taking 50% of your oveall height wich is long(average is around 45%). So you have long legs to begin with, and they will be even longer after surgery. Long legs look sexy however there is a limit in my opinion, and you should really consider doing tibias first( if You end up not doing the second surgery and stayng on just the first obe high knees look better in my opinion. Anyway, if you want to really see how  you would look inbox me a picture of yourself in your boxers taken from waist level and ill do the mickups for you to see the potencial results of your surgery/s. :)

Take care

Morgenst.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »

I see. Well thank you that makes me feel slightly better I kept seeing on old forum  the average SH always being round 90cm made me feel disfigured honestly  also typo I only want to gain 5 inches possibly 4 if any complications arise

Overdozer

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 12:02:18 AM »

average is around 45%
You're talking nonsense. Take a look at the graph I posted above.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 12:07:44 AM »

Maybe he is referring to another population, or a mix, that graph is only for dutch people right? i would think for african populations etc it would be a lower average sitting height ratio

nevermind now i got confused, if you are talking about sitting height ratio or hor high percentage the legs are of the body...

Morgenst.

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 12:08:38 AM »

Yes I know long legs.. Only thing that leads me to think Ill look alright is my ridiculous wingspan for my height and def will do thanks

kunta kinte

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 12:11:21 AM »

no im not. 50% is the ideal according to davinci and many scientists agree with that. So youre telling me that the average is perfect(about 50%)? Cmon man... Ask any older or experianced poster on this forum. Anything above 47% is considered long leged  and anything below 43ish short leged.

Morgenst.

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 12:12:39 AM »

Maybe he is referring to another population, or a mix, that graph is only for dutch people right? i would think for african populations etc it would be a lower average sitting height ratio

Yeah I was also wondering that.. Mean I'm Caribbean born but of European descent so.. Don't know which  chart i should go by since I plan on moving to England so probably that

Overdozer

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »

We're mostly whites here, so lets talk about whites, alright? Obviously africans have longer long bones and thus lower SH/H ratio.

no im not. 50% is the ideal according to davinci and many scientists agree with that. So youre telling me that the average is perfect(about 50%)? Cmon man... Ask any older or experianced poster on this forum. Anything above 47% is considered long leged  and anything below 43ish short leged.
You said 45% legs of your body (0.55 SH/H ratio) is average, which isn't true. Take a look at the graph and stop talking trash.

kunta kinte

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 12:42:50 AM »

We're mostly whites here, so lets talk about whites, alright? Obviously africans have longer long bones and thus lower SH/H ratio.
You said 45% legs of your body (0.55 SH/H ratio) is average, which isn't true. Take a look at the graph and stop talking trash.
and what gives your graph credibility?

Overdozer

kunta kinte

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 01:01:17 AM »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1720514/pdf/v090p00807.pdf
yeah, well. . . the participants were dutch, so thats the dutch average, and sorry but one nation does not set the standard on what is or is not average, interesting soource tough, and ill definitely be reading it.  ;)

Overdozer

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 01:24:47 AM »

They're aryan whites, so we'll all have around the same proportions. No way in hell 0.55 SH/H ratio is average for grown whites.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »

They're aryan whites, so we'll all have around the same proportions. No way in hell 0.55 SH/H ratio is average for grown whites.

Did you really just say "aryan" ?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up