Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Differnt ways of measuring heights.  (Read 295 times)

ilovescience

Differnt ways of measuring heights.
« on: September 06, 2021, 03:36:32 AM »

I noticed that there are many ways to measure height, and the results might be different. I mean measuring heights barefooted.

For example, if one was standing measuring his height barefooted, he got like 170cm which is around 5'7. When he lies on the floor, also barefooted, his height might be almost 172cm, almost 5'8, because probably the heel muscles or heel pads were not fully compressed like his standing. Should that person claim his height 172 or 170 when barefooted?

Both of which were measured in the night.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Differnt ways of measuring heights.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 04:42:45 AM »

He also needs to lie on his stomach to do the measurement, and stand on his head.  He needs to do those things in the morning, at noon, in the evening, and at night before bed.  Then average the 16 numbers.  That is his "true" height.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 08:58:12 AM »

The most precise way:
Find a straight wall and purchase or just equip yourself with a giant wooden teaching triangle,then find someone to help you sign the point your skull peak can reach with that wooden triangle and your back against the wall barefoot.
Finally use a bandtape to measure the height of the point and that is your height.
Or just find a stadiometer to measure your height but had better find another assistant.
This is the spoiler of fairy tale like I felt frustrated of being 'only' 180cm tall or I can't tower over primary students cuz I'm 'only' 185cm tall.

ilovescience

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »

He also needs to lie on his stomach to do the measurement, and stand on his head.  He needs to do those things in the morning, at noon, in the evening, and at night before bed.  Then average the 16 numbers.  That is his "true" height.
Stand on his head? What does that mean???

Sorcerer

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 03:21:19 PM »

Stand on his head? What does that mean???
I think he is sarcating you about sharing different ways of measurements and standing on head means upside-down hanging.

Sorcerer

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 04:27:36 AM »

Some guys happened to have grasped the measuring relevant photographs and statistics from Harbin Engineering University's public account in Wechat and most of newcomers come from Northern Provinces in China like the photo manifests above,which means the real Chinese millenial neutral average height is assured to be a slightly lower than 173.5,not higher forever.
The measuring allocations were scientific and rigorous seeing from the photographs announcing the method was automatic stadiometer measurement,so they are highly relible.

I've seen stloads of compatriots and even some ignorant overseas users who obtained Chinese height knowledges from TikTok or just conjectures I dunno are usually bluffing and boasting how giants Chinese millenials are turning to but in fact they are not as astonishingly tall as they are picturing.

I'd say 173-175 barefoot is a moderate height for millenial males and nearly 50% millenials are lower than that.So baby things like Chineses are all 6'3 tall is just a huge stack of bs and no dogs would rather masticate it.

This statistics will resuscitate some idiots about the truths about real Chinese height.
Pages: [1]   Go Up