Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worth It  (Read 684 times)

growthPlz

Worth It
« on: September 03, 2021, 11:02:12 PM »

Is it worth doing the surgery at 5’9? Honest thoughts?

Sorcerer

Re: Worth It
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 11:07:12 PM »

5'9 is sharing a certain ratio of the whole LLers.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 11:50:38 PM »

No.  You'll come off as pathetic if you can't handle living life at average height.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 12:00:07 AM »

I did it, I am really happy with the final height.  I was about 5’9.5” before, except at night, and I am almost 6’1” now, except at night.  Most people here won’t end up as 5’9” even after multiple surgeries so they’ll be the ones telling you it’s not worth it, for various reasons.  But much like being average is much better socially than being short, being tall adds new benefits over being average.

Wouldn’t do it unless it’s to the point of being an obsession for years though, you will probably regret it if you’re doing it on a whim.  It’s the most excruciating thing I’ve ever done and it’s taken a toll on my mental health while I was alone and lengthening.  But I cured my height neurosis at 5’11”, I only kept going because I paid for a full procedure and might as well have gotten as much height as I can.

Exxon

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 01:42:50 PM »

If you're aiming to be a supermodel I suppose so?

Otherwise there's no point in my opinion, 5'9 is average and is a great height for bodybuilding and doesn't really limit you in life. If you want to look taller the cheaper option is shoe lifts which can make you 5'11.5, otherwise I don't see a point getting the surgery at 5'9 unless you're rich and wanting to waste some money to become a supermodel.

I would only get the surgery if you are height conscious and it's severely affecting your life, when going through the recovery stage your mind reflects on the money, time and pain spent on the surgery. You do not want to be the person with already broken legs regretting the decision you made. Do you really think that spending thousands of dollars, going through immense pain, losing athletic ability and undergoing a rigorous healing process is worth it at an already average height like 5'9? Ask yourself these questions and then decide on whether you want the procedure done or not.

dexter1930

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 02:51:43 PM »

more than yes but again everyone is different. 5'9 is average, 6'1-6'4 is perfect height not too tall not too short

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 03:49:34 PM »

Is it worth it? Consider 4 factors.

1) Are you dating? At 5'9, you're average, but at 6', height will work to your advantage with women.

2) Do you have the money to spare? It's at least 70k USD all-in in a developed country, plus 6 months of reduced work capacity.

3) Are you athletic? Unless you play basketball/volleyball where height is advantageous, your athletic performance will decrease with LL.

4) How old are you? If you're 30+, you will need to lengthen less, and struggle more with physical recovery.

If you're young, dating, not sporty, and have money to spare, it is definitely worth it. If not, then you have to weigh the factors yourself.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

GrowANut

• We'll all make it brahs.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 02:50:30 AM »

Nah no way, 5'9 is literally a perfect height you won't look short next to 6'0 people and you're taller than like 96% of women worldwide. I wouldn't go through the physical and mental pain plus the cost just no point. I'm doing this surgery to get to your height lmao so idk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up