Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't make the Same Mistake as me  (Read 3829 times)

saltedchocolate

Don't make the Same Mistake as me
« on: December 30, 2022, 02:43:19 PM »

If you're planning to do LL, Make sure to read this. You can still read this if you've done LL
1. I'd like to acknowledge the fact and appreciate you that you're already doing your research given that you're a part of this forum.

I'm 19 years old and I thought LL was a normal operation and nothing too complicated. I didn't even know about all the LL methods that are availaible. SO i thought I'll just get it done. I won't mention any doctor but i got it from a really bad reputed doctor who has done disasters in the past. I didn't know about this forum until I hit 4 cm. Btw I did 7 cm on my tibia. (LON) , The doctor i did LL with doesn't even care about his patients and if patients have any issue, he just says 'ah its ok it'll go away with time'

What mistakes did i make?

I wanted to be walking normally post op 4 months so i could go to uni so i rushed the decision and the doctor even said i can go to uni after 4 months , LOL i'm post op 6 months and haven't taken a single step unassisted.

I didn't understand that this procedure takes time. YOU need at least 6-8 months off life, if not 1 year.

I didn't meet any other doctor despite seeing people crippled by my old doctor (I'm now with one of the best LL surgeons)

I lengthened at 1.25 mm/ day on tibia which resulted in crazy nerve pain , even though my doctor told me to do that. THIS IS WHY CHOOSING THE RIGHT DOCTOR IS SO IMPORTANT

LL isn't just going in breaking ur legs, taking pain meds and kaboom your tall, no.
Its a gradual process that takes every ml of willpower you have.

I want people to understand that this is not a normal surgery, it is not a cakewalk. You're putting your legs on the line, Don't try and save money here, You can do that in other aspects of life.
It is so damn important to do your research at least 1 year prior surgery because that's how challenging LL is. You need to find out all the lengthening methods that are on the market rn, all their pros and cons, WHAT can go wrong and you also need a doctor who has genuine interest in doing what he does. So many doctors like mine do this for money and end up with disasters.

'HOW DO I FIND THE RIGHT DOCTOR'? Read peoples diaries with doctors on this forum, research research research.

Ask your doctor what can go wrong, what has gone wrong, what will he/she do to tackle that?

also remember a rule of thumb, No more than 6 cm on the Tibias and no more than 7.5-8 cm on the femurs.
No more than 1 mm/day.
Meet multiple doctors, They should tell you all of this, If a doctor says 'it'll all be okay u wont have any issues' run away from that doctor.
Complications will and can happen but it depends on how the doctor is ready to move forward from there.

Please do not rush this decison. Meet multiple doctors, try meeting with their patients, read their diaries. See and make sure their patients are walking normally after recovery.

Me?
I'm still recovering, delayed union in the right leg which i'm using exogen for , prescribed by my new doctor.
Nerve pain is better but hasn't disappeared.
Hopefully can start full weightbearing in a month or two.

have patience, if u don't have that. Don't do LL.
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

FileoFlex

Re: Don't make the Same Mistake as me
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 03:34:42 PM »

Thanks for your testimony.
I'm 18 and I'm on this forum since 2 months.
I'm looking to all the surgeons, methods and possibilities of LL.
I intend to be patient to make the right choice. Moreover, I will save the max money. How did you have enough money at 19 for this surgery ?
Height : 162cm
Goal : +8cm femurs

Kanye Western

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 04:07:11 PM »

I'm guessing you went to Turkey for your surgery?

How have you been able to do uni now with this entire hiccup?

saltedchocolate

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 04:14:22 PM »

Thanks for your testimony.
I'm 18 and I'm on this forum since 2 months.
I'm looking to all the surgeons, methods and possibilities of LL.
I intend to be patient to make the right choice. Moreover, I will save the max money. How did you have enough money at 19 for this surgery ?

Parents paid for it.
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

saltedchocolate

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 04:14:55 PM »

I'm guessing you went to Turkey for your surgery?

How have you been able to do uni now with this entire hiccup?

I had to defer one year of my uni :/

shortisnotfun

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 04:21:07 PM »

Did you go to Dr Sarin? I think I saw your diary here before
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

saltedchocolate

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 04:27:34 PM »

I don't wanna mention any doctors.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 04:31:40 PM »

I don't wanna mention any doctors.

Why? It would help to prepare a class action suit against him. Do you have any evidences (photos, videos etc.) about the botched surgery?

Anyway, thanks for your post and mentioning of important points everyone needs to consider when doing the surgery.

Michael J. Assayag, MD

• Limb Lengthening Orthopedic Surgeon from ICLL
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 06:18:04 PM »

EVERYONE ON THESE FORUMS should read this message as it is FULL of wisdom.

There’s tons of charlatans out there who will simply sell you a DREAM: it will be fast, simple, and you’ll get tons of height!

it is not a fast process, it is slow and safe

It is not an easy process, it requires dedication and effort

just because you think you can get more length does not mean it will be functional.

To the OP, your message is spot on
Dr. Michael J Assayag MD FRCSC
Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgeon
http://www.heightrx.com https://www.limblength.org/conditions/short-stature
massayag@lifebridgehealth.org
IG @bonelengthening

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 03:02:43 AM »

Any fool can literally go on the internet and know you never lengthen that fast, let alone a "doctor".  Your doc obviously told you to do that because money is time and LL patients seem to come up short on both.  They dont want you or others to walk when they realize how long LL takes and then they miss their pay day.  They would rather you be a cripple then not get that check.  These people should be behind bars.  Very sorry this happened to you.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

saltedchocolate

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 04:24:55 PM »

EVERYONE ON THESE FORUMS should read this message as it is FULL of wisdom.

There’s tons of charlatans out there who will simply sell you a DREAM: it will be fast, simple, and you’ll get tons of height!

it is not a fast process, it is slow and safe

just because you think you can get more length does not mean it will be functional.

Thank you doctor,
I have a question, I did LON for my tibias and after my frame removal + nail locking surgery, I lost sensation in the sole of my feet and had a lot of nerve pain. The nerve pain wasn't going away so neurologist conducted NCS and asked me to get my tarsal tunnel/tibial nerve released. After that the nerve pain has drastically come down but i still don't have sensation on the sole of my feet. However neurologist says that it will come back in some weeks. Have your patients ever experienced something like this? .
btw, my tibial nerve is intact.

saltedchocolate

I'm crippled for now.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2023, 12:04:46 AM »

Lol so we know i got botched and nerve damage was done during frame removal surgery (LON)
I have changed doctors now and i'm now with one of the best LL doctors. He has promised me that I will walk again, after 2-3 months (without support). The doctor i'm with has never had a single bad review and he's a very ethical doctor. I'm confident I will be okay and everything will be fine. fingers crossed.

Kanye Western

Re: I'm crippled for now.
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2023, 09:02:30 PM »

Lol so we know i got botched and nerve damage was done during frame removal surgery (LON)
I have changed doctors now and i'm now with one of the best LL doctors. He has promised me that I will walk again, after 2-3 months (without support). The doctor i'm with has never had a single bad review and he's a very ethical doctor. I'm confident I will be okay and everything will be fine. fingers crossed.

That's great to hear, fingers crossed. Are you just able to walk with crutches atm?

saltedchocolate

Re: I'm crippled for now.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2023, 10:18:04 PM »

That's great to hear, fingers crossed. Are you just able to walk with crutches atm?

yes.

IimblengethingTURKEY

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2023, 04:10:44 PM »

Heyy firstly, my fingers are crossed for ya, wish u all the best.

What country did u have it done? I'm in istanbul,  Turkey and im leaning toward Dr yurtas in esencan hospital

Ballerman

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2023, 04:58:09 PM »

good luck bro. I hope you will be able to walk again and to run and do sports!

saltedchocolate

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2023, 11:00:51 PM »

What country did u have it done? I'm in istanbul,  Turkey and im leaning toward Dr yurtas in esencan hospital

don't go there. there have been disasters in turkey and even by that dr.

saltedchocolate

I have non union
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 11:29:59 AM »

So after getting botched and even nerve damage, I have non-union in both my legs.
However , I'm with Another Dr now taking in charge of me and he's one of the best LL doctors.
I'm post op 7.5 months, We plan on performing bone grafting and I'm hoping that will help

Here's my latest xray : https://imgur.com/a/zL1QGGQ

SpeedDialer

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 03:49:44 PM »

Great advice and good points, thumbs up!

Uchiha

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 06:01:59 PM »

You are absolutely right ! Regardless of the country, whichever doctor, research should be done for a long time. I wish you had told me the name of the doctor. I'm sorry for what you've been through. I hope you get well soon btw growing more than 1mm a day is really insane.
LON Tibia With Dr. Mustafa Gökhan Bilgili
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=80803.0
Previous height 176
Reached height 182.5

10cm Tibia

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2023, 10:46:24 AM »

LOL are you kidding? fake account and There are many posts on this forum about it. Dr yuksel is a noob surgeon.

10cm Tibia

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2023, 02:49:43 PM »

I wanted to reply to this post

Cookie Girl

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2023, 05:46:41 PM »

Bone grafting will help in my opinion. I hope you get better.
I'm thinking of having surgery
5'3 to 5'6

iwillgrow

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 06:41:01 AM »

Well clearly it was done in turkey, I’m gonna guess butcher halil Buldu by how you described the doctor. Since I went there and he butchered me too. He lies to patients to lengthen quickly so that they leave. He also lied to me before the surgery telling me there was absolutely no pain and then after the surgery I didn’t see him again until he wanted to record me

we.live.once

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2023, 10:14:34 AM »

I lengthened at 1.25 mm/ day on tibia which resulted in crazy nerve pain , even though my doctor told me to do that. THIS IS WHY CHOOSING THE RIGHT DOCTOR IS SO IMPORTANT

maybe you were taking too much calsium every day during lengthening and your bones were growing too quickly?
from 185 to 190

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2023, 04:03:46 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2023, 02:59:08 PM »

Well, with an intense pain management scheme and a little effort at ERC it's a streamlined process requiring minimal effort at a weight bearing nail (placed by one of your co-authors or a similarly performant surgeon). So long as one can make it to their physiotherapy appointments. Perhaps with a primitive LL apparatus this might have been true. But the current state of the art has made things a bit easier.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

TheDream

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2023, 04:26:52 PM »

1.25 mm/day 7 cm tibias is crazy man
Hope you recover well all best wishes sorry this happened to you

GoaT

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2023, 08:31:39 AM »

Any update?
Pages: [1]   Go Up