Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think is the best starting height for LL to get the most returns?  (Read 1247 times)

Futureller

At what starting height do you guys feel that men recieve the most bang for their buck?  I'm currently 5'7.5 if i got 8cm on my femurs, which I plan to do once I save up the money and a years worth of living expenses, it would put me at almost 5'11".  I feel like I'm a great height in regards to returns.  If you're really short or already tall, I feel like you'll get diminishing returns.  LL would take me from below average height to above average, which would be very nice.  Thoughts?

EgoSolus21

• Visitor
  • Happiness is three inches away

I'm in a similar boat, presently at 5'9. Moving up to 5'11 - 6' feels like it would be the most beneficial, safest and best return on investment. From slightly below average to right at the average, and would give me the most options dating wise.

I also live in a college town, so the height of the ladies is all over the place. More and more are coming in with a height over 5'9 and it's very demoralizing to feel so inadequate next to a bunch of young, 6' women.
Current Height: 5'8.5-5'9
Goal: 5'11 / 6ft

Futureller

I agree.  It will definetely be very nice to get more time of day and respect from women.  I always get told I'm a good looking guy or cute, but I know my height holds me back a bit and it would be nice to be above average height so I'm not being discrimated against for it anymore. 

I don't blame the fact that majority of women prefer tall guys, a tall guy is considered healthy, masculine, protective, dominant. 

I know people say not to do LL for women but it is definitely a perk to LL especially guys in our height range, it will make a big difference to us respect wise.  It's not just for women but for myself, I do feel short a lot of the time around other people and don't like the feeling.

No matter your reason for doing LL if you think it will make you happier then do it, it's your life to live and not someone else's.

I actually ordered shoe lifts recently just to try them with my boots so I can experience life at 5'11".  I'm sure it will feel like night and day, and only solidify my desire to get LL.

InFullStryde

This is a really interesting post!  3 inches seems to be a huge jump from all heights starting at 4'10

At 4'10 --> 5'1: No longer a "Little Person" and just considered extreme constitutionally short-statured
At 5'1   --> 5'4: You're no longer extremely constitutionally short-statured, and now just on the shortest end of "constitutionally short"
At 5'4   --> 5'7:  You are no longer constitutionally short and are just an inch or two away from "average" in the United States
At 5'7   --> 5'10: You're now, no longer a short average; and our considered tall average or above average
At 5"10  --> 6'1": You go from what is considered tall average or above average; to tall height and are now taller than most humans even in taller countries.

When you take into account that height increasing shoes are available that can fashionably lift you 2-3 inches comfortably, you can reasonably tack on another couple of inches to the above heights to achieve even greater height increase. 

In terms of "returns"; that too is fascinating. Perhaps exiting the "short" ranges and entering into the average or above-average ranges may be the best received by others? I'm not sure.  Personally, I can say that although I do see the benefits of having a starting height that is around 5'5" or greater; That my height gain from 5'1" to 5'4" did incredible things for me in terms of confidence and comfort. I think that the best starting height can be noted as subjective and all with height dysphoria should really consider this surgery. 

But hey...to answer your question... I'm going to say 5'5 to 5'8 would be the most dramatic difference... just because you EXIT short height and ENTER a height that really isn't even thought about anymore as tall or short. Height becomes a non-issue for most at this level.

Keep the good posts coming!

All the Best,

IFS
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 11:48:44 PM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Ghostfish

This is a really interesting post!  3 inches seems to be a huge jump from all heights starting at 4'10

At 4'10 --> 5'1: No longer a "Little Person" and just considered extreme constitutionally short-statured
At 5'1   --> 5'4: You're no longer extremely constitutionally short-statured, and now just on the shortest end of "constitutionally short"
At 5'4   --> 5'7:  You are no longer constitutionally short and are just an inch or two away from "average" in the United States
At 5'7   --> 5'10: You're now, no longer a short average; and our considered tall average or above average
At 5"10  --> 6'1": You go from what is considered tall average or above average; to tall height and are now taller than most humans even in taller countries.

When you take into account that height increasing shoes are available that can fashionably lift you 2-3 inches comfortably, you can reasonably tack on another couple of inches to the above heights to achieve even greater height increase. 

In terms of "returns"; that too is fascinating. Perhaps exiting the "short" ranges and entering into the average or above-average ranges may be the best received by others? I'm not sure.  Personally, I can say that although I do see the benefits of having a starting height that is around 5'5" or greater; That my height gain from 5'1" to 5'4" did incredible things for me in terms of confidence and comfort. I think that the best starting height can be noted as subjective and all with height dysphoria should really consider this surgery. 

But hey...to answer your question... I'm going to say 5'5 to 5'8 would be the most dramatic difference... just because you EXIT short height and ENTER a height that really isn't even thought about anymore as tall or short. Height becomes a non-issue for most at this level.

Keep the good posts coming!

All the Best,

IFS
Hi IFS
I absolutely agree with you.  Any height after 3 inches gain will make a significant change.  How to perceive the absolute height is totally subjective.  Even a guy with 190cm may be not satisfied with his height, while a guy at 160 cm may not even feel any discomfort about his height.  What is important is being happy and confident.  If cll can give you this, go for it!.
Happy new year, guys!

TheAlchemist

Great topic and highly subjective. Agreed - height dysphoria is a very personal thing and what matters the most is how it helps you overcome your personal struggles with height dysphoria. In any case....2 to 3 inches is a massive gain whether you are short or average and if it makes you feel better about yourself that's what matters the most.

However in the context of dating and overly generalized female mating selection behavior..... assuming you do a gain of 3 inches...I would say a starting height ranging from 5'8 to 5'10 provides the best "return on investment" due to the following:

1) Females have a very binary way of viewing height in terms of a man's sxxual market value.  For example, you'll hear many shallow women say on dating apps "please don't message me if you are under 6 ft." (i.e i don't care if you are 5'3 or 5'9 I'm filtering you out from my potential mating pool." 

In real life, you can still pursue these women but regardless if you are short or average you'll have to work harder and bring something else to the table. No matter if you are 5'3 or 5'8, you are still going to have to make up for your lack of tall height in other areas (e.g. social status, personality, lifestyle, wealth, conversation skills, etc.) Meanwhile if you are 6'2 and decent looking you can be an idiot and still regularly have one night stands.

2) If you go from a starting height range of between 5'8 and 5'10 to an ending height of a range of 5'11 to 6'1, you are leap frogging over a huge percentage of men, and go from being a guy where your height is not an asset (average but you'll still have to work harder to make up for it in other areas of your life) to it being an asset (where other areas of your life may be lacking but you can still have a high sxxual market value purely based off your height.)

Having said the above.....this is a broad generalization of women and is far from being an eternal truth, there are many women out there who are mature and rationale enough to judge a man's value based on things that truly matter (compatability, character, etc.) over height! 

3) Lengthening experience difficulty and ending functionality - On a relative basis, the longer your starting femurs are the easier your lengthening experience is going to be and the less impact on your post LL functionality is. 3 inches is a huge change to the femurs of a guy who is 5'0 to 5'3 and not as huge of change to a guy who is 5'9 or 5'10.

Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

I would say going from being known as 'the short guy' and disrespected because of it, to going to below average but tall enough to not get disparaged constantly for it, is a bigger benefit mentally than going from average height to slightly above average and increasing your dating options. One helps you get treated like an actual human being, the other makes a couple more girls say they'd date you.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

InFullStryde

I would say going from being known as 'the short guy' and disrespected because of it, to going to below average but tall enough to not get disparaged constantly for it, is a bigger benefit mentally than going from average height to slightly above average and increasing your dating options. One helps you get treated like an actual human being, the other makes a couple more girls say they'd date you.

Yes, indeed.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

IwannaBeTaller

The best starting height is whichever allows one to live a blissful life, with or without LL. LL should all be about helping reach one's individual goals and fix individual issues instead of meeting a generalized optimum target height, which doesn't make much sense for the individual. What are the individual's goals? To be taller than most women? To be in the same height range as most men? To be as tall as his brothers or father? TheAlchemist wants to reach a height that is an "asset" because it reaches into the above average ranges. A 5'4'' pre-LLer might be dreaming about being 5'8'', simply because he goes from standing out short to normal. Descreteuser went from 181 to 185 because he wanted to be tall, and did LL even though he was a construction worker (I wonder how that worked out for him).

If we argue about measuring "return of investments", I wouldn't say that 5'8-5'10 is the best starting height, since the cons of being standout short are stronger than the pros of becoming tall-ish. A 5'9'' man will on average have a pretty similar life to a 6 footer. A 5'3'' man in comparison? I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 01:46:51 PM by IwannaBeTaller »
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

TheAlchemist

My breakdown was purely in "the context of female mating selection behavior" specifically those shallow women with a very binary way of viewing potential dating prospects as "6ft and above". It's not uncommon to see that explicitly stated on dating profiles or brought up in conversation.

There are countless challenges and obstacles one can face at different heights due to short stature that are all significant. I never said getting access to more women was more meaningful than any other challenge, I only said that purely in the context of dating a starting height of XX provided the best ROI.

Also want to add that I personally didn't do LL to reach a height where it becomes an asset in dating. I did it because I struggled with height neurosis that manifested itself in my own mind, I was very much content with my life in the career and dating department before LL.

ZUCC420

If there wasn't any limitation to LL(limb lengthening) then every men will opt for 6 feet and above while some might even go for 8 feet or any other extreme for the sake of it, same as if there was a magical d i c k growing solution, some men would opt for 10 inch and others more, clearly crossing the extremes for no reason other than being known as the "biggest".

So the answer is obviously the taller someone is the better to get the most returns for investment (money, time and pain). In a more general expression, if someone has a chance to augment a desirable trait and if there is clear limitations to it then the greater percentile of that trait someone has the better chances to get more in return. 

Everyone here is answering the question in a specific context whether it would benefit regarding dating, individual goals, blababa doesn't matter at all.

Ultimately failing to see the forest for the trees.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

IwannaBeTaller

My breakdown was purely in "the context of female mating selection behavior" specifically those shallow women with a very binary way of viewing potential dating prospects as "6ft and above". It's not uncommon to see that explicitly stated on dating profiles or brought up in conversation.

There are countless challenges and obstacles one can face at different heights due to short stature that are all significant. I never said getting access to more women was more meaningful than any other challenge, I only said that purely in the context of dating a starting height of XX provided the best ROI.

Also want to add that I personally didn't do LL to reach a height where it becomes an asset in dating. I did it because I struggled with height neurosis that manifested itself in my own mind, I was very much content with my life in the career and dating department before LL.

Understandable and good point. To be fair, I went through my share of Tindering and online dating on OkCupid some time ago, and I can honest to god say that I've never once seen a girl's profile saying "6 feet and above". Perhaps this is truly a very American thing? In Europe, the only thing I've seen that comes close was one profile that said "I'm not the shortest woman at 173". Still, height is attractive to millions of women and can be a big benefit in dating. Let's not be dumb and deny that.

If we're really measuring ROI, couldn't LL still be a bigger benefit at a shorter starting height? I'm just doing a veeery rough assessment here, but at 5'8'', you are taller than most women. With some forum posters saying at 5'8'', they just claim 5'10'' and girls believe them, I tend to think that height is more important in your career, confidence and feeling good next to other men than being attractive to women. (Perhaps that's just my biased view though lol) At 5'4'', you are as tall or even shorter than most women, and I think the majority of them want to date men that are at least a bit taller than them. Of course many wold prefer if a guy were taller, but a 5'8-5'9 dude who has his s*it together can be a great catch to a lot of girls. A 5'4''er has it harder (although I will say you can definitely make it at that height, and some have done so phenomenally - looking at you, InFullStryde).

Also, are you measuring the time and money spent on LL, and how a facial plastic surgery or 100k+ extra in the bank of an average guy could be more attractive to many women than a guy without the money or better face, but taller?

It's great that you could cure your neurosis with LL. Isn't that a dream that many on this forum have, and isn't it inspiring that it's possible to do? To play devil's advocate though, if it was just neurosis that lead you to your decision (and not also vanity or the wish to be tall, which are both very human), why did you lengthen that much?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

TheAlchemist

If we're really measuring ROI, couldn't LL still be a bigger benefit at a shorter starting height? I'm just doing a veeery rough assessment here, but at 5'8'', you are taller than most women. With some forum posters saying at 5'8'', they just claim 5'10'' and girls believe them, I tend to think that height is more important in your career, confidence and feeling good next to other men than being attractive to women. (Perhaps that's just my biased view though lol) At 5'4'', you are as tall or even shorter than most women, and I think the majority of them want to date men that are at least a bit taller than them. Of course many wold prefer if a guy were taller, but a 5'8-5'9 dude who has his s*it together can be a great catch to a lot of girls. A 5'4''er has it harder (although I will say you can definitely make it at that height, and some have done so phenomenally - looking at you, InFullStryde).

Lots of variables here that are subjective and dependent on many different factors unique to the individual. With respect to our careers, confidence, and feeling good next to other men, it's all relative and really depends on what your purpose and goals are as a man and your environment. For example, let's say you are of average height with goals of working towards a leadership position in a large organization. The average height of Fortune 500 CEOs in the US is ~ 6 ft, and the average height of US Presidents is somewhere around 5'11 (all 45 dating back over a hundred years ago before campaigns could benefit from height amplified through media.) For someone like myself, who is working towards a leadership position in the corporate world, going from average to tall is a huge change.

At the same time, there may be a short individual who is not interested in those leadership positions, for example maybe he is a very successful programmer where height isn't valued nearly as much, but has suffered from identity discrimination as a "short" person all his life....so going from short to average and freeing himself from discrimination is just as huge of a positive change for him as well.....bottom line it's all relative and incomparable from man to man.

In terms of women, I tend to agree and think a rationale point of view would be for women to desire a man who is taller than her, in proportion to her height (e.g. a 5'4 girl should be happy with a 5'6 guy)....however, I've seen many short women have a height minimum requirement of a man of 6 ft. This is where that binary view of "6 ft and up" comes up....it really is bizarre to me seeing a 5'4 woman demand that, but I've seen it countless times......My only theory to that is these women have a biological desire to get a tall man's genes so her children will be tall, that primal instinct is stronger than simply finding a man who is proportionally taller than her. Also, women have an innate biological desire to be with a man who makes her feel secure, in a pool of men, the taller man in the 6 ft + range is going to do that for her, that trumps proportions. Think back to our caveman days where women relied on men for food and protection, she wants the alpha, the idea of hypergamy, the desire to find the best possible mate, the alpha, has evolved over thousands of years, it's a biological strategy for survival.

Again the above is an over generalization of sexual gender dynamics, it isn't an eternal truth (i.e. there are short men with high sexual market value that attract many women)

Also, are you measuring the time and money spent on LL, and how a facial plastic surgery or 100k+ extra in the bank of an average guy could be more attractive to many women than a guy without the money or better face, but taller?

My measurement is based on all things equal (face, lifestyle, wealth, career, etc.)

It's great that you could cure your neurosis with LL. Isn't that a dream that many on this forum have, and isn't it inspiring that it's possible to do? To play devil's advocate though, if it was just neurosis that lead you to your decision (and not also vanity or the wish to be tall, which are both very human), why did you lengthen that much?

Interesting question. I just went back to my diary and I remember now, at the onset of this journey I had no quantitative goal of hitting 8 cm. My goal was qualitative, simply curing my height neurosis. I think I cured my height neurosis at around 6 CM, I was at a height I was comfortable with and my view was anything above 6 CM would be a bonus, at that point I prioritized functionality over height. However, I continued lengthening because my body allowed it because I worked hard. Dr. Paley, Dr. Robins and all the physical therapists said I was in the top 5% of CLLers in terms of range of motion, flexibility, and strength and the Dr's said I could make it to 8 CM without any sacrifice in functionality. Keep in mind that once you go through this, you take pride in the work and effort it takes to push through, it's not easy, through the entire distraction phase I stretched 5x a day and put hundreds of hours into physical therapy, I was very proud of that, so I proceeded to 8 CM because I believed I earned it through hard work. Was there vanity involved from 6CM to 8 CM? Sure there was, I'm human. But a larger role in me maxing the nail out was the pride I had in the work I put in to get there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up