Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planning to do quadrilateral lengthening of just 9 cm  (Read 489 times)

Metaphyglv

Planning to do quadrilateral lengthening of just 9 cm
« on: April 18, 2024, 10:30:30 PM »

I cant really live anymore as an extremely short dude at 158 cm tall at the end of the day (about 5'2) so i'm planning to save money to do a quadrilateral surgery.
Why quadrilateral doing so little lengthening? because i'm not stupid and i know perfectly how much a pair of cm more can makes you crippled, and i don't want to be so obvious to others i did this surgery, it will be a secret, and 9 cm its the limit to wear shoes with insoles before the procedure and some pair of Vans after., and the safest lower limit to no compromise your mobility in the long run
So, that's all, being about 5'6 sound perfectly fine to me, my problem its not about not being tall, like so many dudes here, my problem it's being THAT short, i have already a lot of other good attributes like a pretty face and a father with a kinda wealthy business (which he build from nothing) that im going to inherit. The bad thing its i have not money at all rn, and my proyection its that im going to be capable to do this at the end of my 20s and beginning of my 30s, so it will be a little bit late to enjoy the benefits of not being a midget, but i guess that's life.

Metaphyglv

Re: Planning to do quadrilateral lengthening of just 9 cm
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 10:30:51 PM »

Im 24 rn btw

sxxa

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 01:09:27 AM »

That's a wise approach man, over extend is a big problem for LLers
174 morning height
172 at night.

markr09

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 02:06:47 AM »

Are you planning going full quad surgery in one go or 2 separate bilateral? The usual advise is do one pair first, then the next pair after a year or so like. It'll take longer but the recovery will be easier for you. But if you're being conservative with 9cm might work out as well.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

tfrat

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 10:13:26 PM »

Hey man, that sounds like a solid plan, more power to you!

I resonate with your perspective. I'm 23, standing at 5'1". I'm aiming to undergo a quadrilateral procedure either this year or the next, with the goal of gaining around 10cm. My aim is to reach at least 165cm. Like you said, I'm comfortable being short, I just don't want to be that short. At the end of the day is all about perception. Hopefully both of us can achieve their goal ;)

Regarding the procedure, have you thought about which doctors you're considering for it?

Beemer m3

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 07:16:55 AM »

Hey man, that sounds like a solid plan, more power to you!

I resonate with your perspective. I'm 23, standing at 5'1". I'm aiming to undergo a quadrilateral procedure either this year or the next, with the goal of gaining around 10cm. My aim is to reach at least 165cm. Like you said, I'm comfortable being short, I just don't want to be that short. At the end of the day is all about perception. Hopefully both of us can achieve their goal ;)

Regarding the procedure, have you thought about which doctors you're considering for it?

hey man tfrat i recommend u push ur limits and gain 5 inches if u do quadrilateral. if u were 5'7 it would be awesome. if u were 5'6 it would be much difficult at times.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

tfrat

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 04:37:41 PM »

Hey, I'd be totally cool with that if I could safely reach 5'7". I'm just not sure how possible that truly is, because I already suffer from spasticity, which affects my leg flexibility... so my main goal is to walk, run, and jump normally. I really want to avoid any kind of future complications.

But honestly, I'm okay with being short. I mean, I've been 5'1" my entire life. Being 5'5" would be awesome for me. At the end of the day, it's all about how you view yourself. I'm sure there are people who are 145cm and dream of being 155cm.

But like I said, if it's safe, I'd probably do it.  ;)

Ted68

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 10:03:46 PM »

hey man tfrat i recommend u push ur limits and gain 5 inches if u do quadrilateral. if u were 5'7 it would be awesome. if u were 5'6 it would be much difficult at times.

5.7 is not awesome !... is just below average for western countries, or normal for SE Asia.
For him, YES, would be great, because he will belong to average people...
Pages: [1]   Go Up