Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Will I look like a Daddy Long Legs?  (Read 10998 times)

Bry

Will I look like a Daddy Long Legs?
« on: January 27, 2015, 05:39:36 PM »

Greetings, this is my first time posting here, excuse my english since it's not my mother language.

So, I have made some measures, I really can't say if my height is 166,5cm or 168cm (about 5'6), but it's around that, and my inseam is 78cm (about 30in)...

My dream height is 6'(183cm), but I can't really reach it without messing up m proportions, so I will settle for 5'10(167~168cm), which is pretty good for my country!

But I still wonder if I would have to do 2 surgeries to reach that height and if those extra 10cm would mess up my proportions, my inseam would go to 88cm (34.6in), pretty long! Even for a 5'10 guy...
My inseam/height ration would go from around 46% to almost if not fixed 50%!

Suggestions?

Update: forgot to say that my wingspan is 177cm(~5'10), also, I have been using this tool to check out proportions, but I guess it really depends on each person... But still very useful! http://www.bodyvisualizer.com/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:01:06 PM by Bryzola »

ouroboros

Re: Will I look like a Daddy Long Legs?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:15:03 PM »

Wow, the tool you recommended is pretty useful.  Thanks a lot

Bry

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:19:46 PM »

You are welcome ouroboros ^^

It's great to give an idea how you might look, but nobody is alike body wise, so you should try to do a mockup pic of yourself to see how you would look after surgery! :3

Hmm, I should try a mockup pic, but I have no pics to use and I don't know how to do a good mockup... :c

ReadRothbard

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:07:53 PM »

This is a great too, my friend! I thank you.  :)
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 10:06:43 PM »

Greetings, this is my first time posting here, excuse my english since it's not my mother language.

So, I have made some measures, I really can't say if my height is 166,5cm or 168cm (about 5'6), but it's around that, and my inseam is 78cm (about 30in)...

My dream height is 6'(183cm), but I can't really reach it without messing up m proportions, so I will settle for 5'10(167~168cm), which is pretty good for my country!

But I still wonder if I would have to do 2 surgeries to reach that height and if those extra 10cm would mess up my proportions, my inseam would go to 88cm (34.6in), pretty long! Even for a 5'10 guy...
My inseam/height ration would go from around 46% to almost if not fixed 50%!

Suggestions?

Update: forgot to say that my wingspan is 177cm(~5'10), also, I have been using this tool to check out proportions, but I guess it really depends on each person... But still very useful! http://www.bodyvisualizer.com/

Post your photos and let the users here judge.

Bry

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 11:53:38 PM »

You are welcome ReadRothbard, I'm happy I could share this tool with the community :D

Puertoricanwasp123 I will take some photos later and post here then, does it have to be a pic with only underwear?

Bruno Mars

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 12:01:47 AM »

You surely have a long pairs of legs. I am 5'9 yet we have the share the same inseam...

Shor7Guy

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 01:30:51 AM »

yes you will look VERY awkward, dont do it that much.

FutureLengthener

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 03:55:02 AM »

We can't be completely sure that he really is long legged, since there are many different definitions of inseam (crotch to ground, crotch to top of ankle, or even just whatever length pants you regularly buy). Go by sitting height instead. Measure yours, and divide it by your total height to get your SH ratio. Then find out what percentile your SH ratio is for your gender/age here:

https://science.nichd.nih.gov/confluence/download/attachments/23920688/Sitting+height+index,+sitting+height,+and+methodology+NHANES.pdf

btw--I'd venture to guess that your 30 inseam pants do a bit of bunching up around your ankles. You may be a true 28.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 04:03:56 AM »

You are welcome ReadRothbard, I'm happy I could share this tool with the community :D

Puertoricanwasp123 I will take some photos later and post here then, does it have to be a pic with only underwear?

Only underwear is a good way to see your real proportions and for safety reasons we don't ask people to show their face you can blur it or something.

Bry

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »

We can't be completely sure that he really is long legged, since there are many different definitions of inseam (crotch to ground, crotch to top of ankle, or even just whatever length pants you regularly buy). Go by sitting height instead. Measure yours, and divide it by your total height to get your SH ratio. Then find out what percentile your SH ratio is for your gender/age here:

https://science.nichd.nih.gov/confluence/download/attachments/23920688/Sitting+height+index,+sitting+height,+and+methodology+NHANES.pdf

btw--I'd venture to guess that your 30 inseam pants do a bit of bunching up around your ankles. You may be a true 28.

I didn't use the pants inseam, I measured it from above my crotch, to the limit, and it gave me 78cm of inseam.
I measured my sitting height, it gave me 87-88cm... So my SH ratio would be something like 0.52 or 52%? Around 50th percentile on that table I guess...
Strange that I don't feel so long leggged, my friends from work sit beside me and we are about the same SH, but when we stand up they are like 174cm...
I guess I can only be sure with mockup pics... :c
Maybe I'm just measuring wrong, but still wish I had a longer torso! xD

FutureLengthener

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 09:04:37 PM »

Yeah, it looks like your proportions are about average. I'm close to your height with an 89cm sitting height. You could easily handle doing 5cm on one leg segment, and after that see if you want to do 5cm on the other. Of course you could change the amounts a little (like 6cm and then 4cm). Or even do more than 10cm in total. You're right though, at 175-179cm you would look okay, but 182cm would probably be too extreme. Lots of people here are interested in ways to lengthen the spine to get taller and help proportions--even just  2cm would help a lot. We'll be sure to share anything we discover with you! You should also check what your wingspan is, since its considered safe to lengthen to be up to 4cm taller than your armspan.

Bry

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 01:02:12 AM »

Yeah, it looks like your proportions are about average. I'm close to your height with an 89cm sitting height. You could easily handle doing 5cm on one leg segment, and after that see if you want to do 5cm on the other. Of course you could change the amounts a little (like 6cm and then 4cm). Or even do more than 10cm in total. You're right though, at 175-179cm you would look okay, but 182cm would probably be too extreme. Lots of people here are interested in ways to lengthen the spine to get taller and help proportions--even just  2cm would help a lot. We'll be sure to share anything we discover with you! You should also check what your wingspan is, since its considered safe to lengthen to be up to 4cm taller than your armspan.

Thank you, you have been very nice to me ^^
I already measured my wingspan, it's 177cm, so I could probably go for almost 180cm?
Also, I heard about a metallic rod to lengthening the spine, but doesn't seem safe...
I had a idea on my mind for a long time of a really safe way to make the spine longer AND also help with the problems with discs while we age, and all we would need are injections guided by ultrasound...
The idea was to use some kind of material used in bioprinting and inject it into each of our discs with precision, this material would adapt to our body like it was ours and make each disc expand, even a small expand like 5mm would have a great effect on our spine disc health and also make us get much taller~
But I don't know if it's really possible, sounds good to me...

Thanks again for the help my friend and I may also keep everyone here informed of any news I know of, also... I guess a good solution for our height problems will be solved by bioprinting in a future~

Bry

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 10:46:52 PM »

So here is my pic, no need to hide my face, I'm not ashamed...

http://postimg.org/image/jkao6exxr/

Well, could anyone here please do a mockup so I can know if I would look good with around 10cm or 12cm?

Also, the shirt end is right at the bottom of my crotch or a little higher, so that's about where my inseam starts, and my arms aren't fully straight, so it would go a little lower...

Bry

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 05:31:54 PM »

Anyone?  ???

Uppland

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »

Mate I don't know how to do mock-ups but you gotta post another picture this one is angled. Stand in front of a mirror maybe 2-4 meters away and make sure that both you and the mirror is straight so you'll get an accurate representation of your proportions. Then use a camera to take the picture but also make sure that the camera is aimed straight at the mirror with no angle, i.e don't aim the camera down, up or at any side.

Don't forget to stand with your hands at you side and with good posture, wear normal clothes and don't wear your pants extra high or low. Good luck.

tallerbetter

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »

Mate I don't know how to do mock-ups but you gotta post another picture this one is angled. Stand in front of a mirror maybe 2-4 meters away and make sure that both you and the mirror is straight so you'll get an accurate representation of your proportions. Then use a camera to take the picture but also make sure that the camera is aimed straight at the mirror with no angle, i.e don't aim the camera down, up or at any side.

Don't forget to stand with your hands at you side and with good posture, wear normal clothes and don't wear your pants extra high or low. Good luck.

Yes, the pcture is angled. Take a new pic.

Bry

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »

Ok, thanks for the reply guys!

I took a new pic and tried to make it as plane as possible, once again the tip of the shirt is right under my crotch and my arm is straight.

http://postimg.org/image/9rawffdir/

The quality is bad, but you guys can see my proportions now and if I can do from 10cm to 12cm lengthening ^^

Uppland

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 05:00:56 PM »

You seem to have good proportions mate, it's especially good that your arms are long. I would estimate that you might be able to do 10CM but I'm not certain.

Blackhawk

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 05:50:58 PM »

It looks like your tibias are a decent length.  Your femurs look short but because your shirt is long we can't tell exactly where your waist is.  It looks like you can get close to 6' and look fine.

What is your sitting height?  Also what is your knee height?

I am about the same height and wingspan.  167 and 176, but I have short tibias so I will do those first and do femurs if I have the time and desire to be taller than 5'8"

Bry

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 07:43:45 PM »

You seem to have good proportions mate, it's especially good that your arms are long. I would estimate that you might be able to do 10CM but I'm not certain.

Thanks dude, my wingspan is 177 so I might be good reaching 178~180 in height I guess?

It looks like your tibias are a decent length.  Your femurs look short but because your shirt is long we can't tell exactly where your waist is.  It looks like you can get close to 6' and look fine.

What is your sitting height?  Also what is your knee height?

I am about the same height and wingspan.  167 and 176, but I have short tibias so I will do those first and do femurs if I have the time and desire to be taller than 5'8"

My sitting height is 86~88, not sure about my knee height by the way, how do I mesure it? xD

Also thanks you guys for the fast feedback :D

Blackhawk

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 11:27:47 PM »

Knee height is the distance from the floor to the top of your knee while sitting.  There is a thread on the forum about it.

I think your sitting height might be a bit short if you want to get up to 6'.  But if you don't care much about proportions then don't worry about it.

Bry

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 11:49:15 PM »

Knee height is the distance from the floor to the top of your knee while sitting.  There is a thread on the forum about it.

I think your sitting height might be a bit short if you want to get up to 6'.  But if you don't care much about proportions then don't worry about it.

I just measured it.. my knee height is 21cm, is that long? With 6cm more it would go to 25cm

Taller

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 11:59:29 PM »

I just measured it.. my knee height is 21cm, is that long? With 6cm more it would go to 25cm

So your tibia is under eight inches long (because knee height includes the height of the feet, too), shorter than the length of the average male foot?

Bry

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 12:52:46 AM »

I don't understand, I measured it siting on a chair with my foot flat on the floor, from the bottom to my knee...

Blackhawk

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 01:05:11 AM »

Look at the thread titled "knee height" in the height and proportions section.

Bry

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 01:41:35 AM »

Sorry guys I'm dumb xD

I was looking at the inches and not the cms lol

My knee height is around 50~53cms

Bry

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 10:17:54 PM »

So... can anyone make a mockup with my pic so I can know how I would look with 12cm more?
6 tibia 6 femur

Bry

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:46 AM »

Up

Blackhawk

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 04:49:38 AM »

I haven't made a mockup before but there are videos on YouTube on how to do it.  It doesn't look difficult.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up