Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will my goal height look strange with my proportions?  (Read 518 times)

Arctic

• Visitor
Will my goal height look strange with my proportions?
« on: July 04, 2021, 01:20:28 AM »

I'm currently around 167 cm and my wingspan is about 174 cm. Planning on doing double surgery, femurs first followed by tibias a few weeks later. Doctor said I could potentially gain 5-5.5 inches (12-14cm). If I do reach around 180 cm which is my goal, would this look weird with my wingspan? Anyone have similar proportions before or after surgery or know of any notable examples? Would hate to have to get arm lengthening later on, but I just hate the way that short limbs look.

Worzezterlire

Re: Will my goal height look strange with my proportions?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 01:27:23 AM »

Probably would look like you have slightly short arms but if you really need to get to 180cm for your sanity and image then I wouldn’t worry about it.

You could gain 5-5.5 inches but there a good chance you’ll stop before then.  Quadrilateral is kind of torturous so you might end it early if you’re not doing immense physical therapy, far beyond what a bilateral patient would do.  Plus you can evaluate your proportions along the way and stop once you dislike how short your arms look.  You’ll probably start noticing it around the 177+cm mark

Apollo676

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 01:29:55 AM »

We have the same wingspan and height,it really depends on how are your proportions,if your legs are longer than your torso already for example,for the wingspan,i personally have broad torso and shoulders naturally,so my arms are not that long,but it really depends how your legs are comparing to the rest of the body,in my case,my lower body is roughly 90cm while upper body is about 75cm,if i add 12cm i'm concerned how my legs will look overall,but long legs are quite esthetic imo
You're better off sticking with femurs,add 7-8cm and see if its okay for you,but if you really want to do both,i would suggest you to start with tibias,femurs heal faster than tibias overall

Arctic

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 01:56:57 AM »

Thanks for the responses guys. Guess I will see how it goes while lengthening. Worse comes to worst I could always lengthen the arms a bit after LL. I also have small hands/feet (US Men's size 8, Euro 41) so maybe I should just be more conservative with my goal in order to get the best proportions relative to the rest of my bones?

Worzezterlire

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 02:04:06 AM »

Just focus on a good recovery and worry about proportions when the time comes.  If you need more than 8cm of height you’ll need to do quadrilateral anyways.  As someone who focused too much on proportions before surgery, they’re not really a big deal.  You do this for the height increase, not to become the Vitruvian man.  I’d worry less about the “what if” of arm lengthening and get to stretching 2 or more hours a day.  Getting past 8cm in one operation will be hell so you need to work very hard to prepare.

AimHigh

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 05:33:03 AM »

Hey Arctic, after 8cm femur CLL I am now 180/179 cm morning/night height. My wingspan is 177 cm. My arms look fine, keep in mind your arm length to torso ratio doesn't vary with CLL - In fact I am now (maybe...) considering 4-5 cm tibia to even up my T/F ratio and ofc get to an above average height - srsly no-one has ever commented on my arm length.....
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2
Pages: [1]   Go Up