Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportional rarity  (Read 29365 times)

Uppland

Proportional rarity
« on: April 14, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »

I searched google images for "long-legged man" and I found these pictures from that dreadful "sluthate" website. I suppose this is what a greater than 50% inseam might look like and so I assumed it could be of interest to you guys.

Share what you think.

He described his height as "6'1"

NewHeights

Re: Proportional rarity
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:05:41 PM »

I think this is a prime example of using weight training and body sculpting to make bad proportions look good. Disproportionately long and skinny legs look terrible, but long muscular legs look pretty good.

That dude has pretty big feet and normal length arms, which also add aesthetics to his build/frame.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

crimsontide

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:34:08 PM »

uppland, you look pretty good

Overdozer

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »

Wtf dude where did you get my pics
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »

uppland, you look pretty good

Ayy nigga wat u said?

I think this is a prime example of using weight training and body sculpting to make bad proportions look good. Disproportionately long and skinny legs look terrible, but long muscular legs look pretty good.

That dude has pretty big feet and normal length arms, which also add aesthetics to his build/frame.

How so? He doesn't have much of a sculpted body, I also don't think he looks very good but that's just my opinion.

Wtf dude where did you get my pics
Ask your mom mate.

Taller

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 12:38:01 AM »

It looks like he did femur lengthening. That's probably what I'd look like after 8CM. Except buffer and better looking of course ;)

I do have much broader shoulders compared to my waist, which I feel helps a ton when I wear lifts.

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 12:56:36 AM »

It looks like he did femur lengthening. That's probably what I'd look like after 8CM. Except buffer and better looking of course ;)

I do have much broader shoulders compared to my waist, which I feel helps a ton when I wear lifts.

Are your legs really that long after 8CM? Mine aren't.

Taller

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 02:26:18 AM »

Are your legs really that long after 8CM? Mine aren't.

After doing some mockups maybe not. I consistently wear 30-32 inch inseam pants right now and I'm the same height as you. I'll wear a 34 after LL which is on the long side, but still very normal and common for 6'1.

FutureLengthener

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 04:05:21 AM »

Well freaks like that do definitely exist, so it can make us all feel a little better. But the thing is even for people who don't have the appropriate torso size for their height, they usually do have normal arm lengths and foot sizes for their height. So even with a low sitting height, they still have other "tall" features in them.

FutureLengthener

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 04:17:33 AM »

Also, heres an old picture of a biker I found. Too lazy to save it and then attach it, just view it here

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Bike_Fit/Geometry_and_Handling/Bikes_for_the_torso-impaired_220.html

Rick52

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 07:31:26 PM »

Also, heres an old picture of a biker I found. Too lazy to save it and then attach it, just view it here

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Bike_Fit/Geometry_and_Handling/Bikes_for_the_torso-impaired_220.html

Not offending anyone, but the shown pic (upload was refused - sorry) is a classical Photoshop disaster. Mark the red areas as duplicated zones / misalignments in the copy-paste work. The yellow lines are marking cutting zones. The blue bar indicates the part of the picture where the background is far more blurry than in other parts. So, it's a fake picture. Perhaps to underline the story in the linked article, but still not real.

I myself have a quite extreme inseam-bodyheight ratio of almost 50% (making me a terrible LL candidate), but a ratio over 50% is very rare.

Taller

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »

I think the guy in Uppland's picture looks ok. With pants on, nobody would even notice his weird proportions in the real world. Especially because he has a well toned physique. I think I'd be happy if I came out with those kinds of proportions after LL, although I think that's worst case scenario (strictly proportionally speaking, as there are lots of other non proportion related things that could go wrong of course).

Uppland

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 09:02:55 PM »

I don't think the guy I posted in the OP looks good at all, I wouldn't do LL if I ended up looking like that.

@Rick, too bad about your already long legs, are you still considering lengthening them?

My own inseam will be about 48% after I've done 7-8CM and that would be as far as I would go honestly. Can I persuade you to post a few pictures of how you look?

Rick52

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »

@Uppland - Still considering, but not more than that ;-) I'm (more or less) in the same situation als the LittleWhiteMan in the other topic (Everyone who is short seems to have longer sitting heights, except for me) and will answer there more in detail as soon as I have time. My situation is ofcourse not so 'rare' as (fake) 'rarity guy' in the link, but still the reason I'm quite focussed on proportions, esp. the inseam/bodyheight ratio.

NewHeights

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 11:22:59 PM »

@Uppland - Still considering, but not more than that ;-) I'm (more or less) in the same situation als the LittleWhiteMan in the other topic (Everyone who is short seems to have longer sitting heights, except for me) and will answer there more in detail as soon as I have time. My situation is ofcourse not so 'rare' as (fake) 'rarity guy' in the link, but still the reason I'm quite focussed on proportions, esp. the inseam/bodyheight ratio.

Hey buddy, don't forget about the one thing more important than inseam/height, which is ape index. If you have a good ape index, you won't look as bad with a short torso. Short torso and bad ape index is a disaster unfortunately

If I decide to do CLL, I will have very little wiggle room because my ape index is 1.01, and my inseam/height is 48%. Maybe you are fortunate to have a better ape index
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

Rick52

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 11:42:05 PM »

Hey buddy, don't forget about the one thing more important than inseam/height, which is ape index. If you have a good ape index, you won't look as bad with a short torso. Short torso and bad ape index is a disaster unfortunately

Is it? To me arm length/wingspan is mostly related to torso, not to body height. But feel free to disagree ;-))

NewHeights

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 11:44:56 PM »

Is it? To me arm length/wingspan is mostly related to torso, not to body height. But feel free to disagree ;-))

I've seen tall people with short torsos and long ass arms, but very rarely (and I'm quite observant), have I seen a tall guy with short arms

But as you said, we are all free to disagree friend : )

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 01:22:34 AM »

There's always photoshop..
5"6 and proud

hadrian

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »

Definitely looks strange, but with pants on he looks much better. I'd like to see a guy like michael phelps stand next to him, though Phelps is taller

I tried to shorten his arms in photoshop to see what he would look like

That was him with shorter forearms. What does he look like with shorter humerus?

He still looks bad with short arms but better because he has a better forearm ratio.

(proportionally)Long forearms look good, (proportionally)long humerus look feminine. Just like Tibias and femurs, IMO.
Is it time to close this chapter of my life, and look towards the future?

Uppland

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »

Looks very unnatural with such short arms

Overdozer

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 12:33:35 PM »

Well you cut like 8 cm off his arms of course he looks screwed. Check this one, I took only about 3 cm off his forearms

Or here after 3 cm humerus lengthening. He looks great I tell you.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:01:39 PM by exclide »
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Melan_sprint

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »

Looks very unnatural with such short arms

Not as weird as his short torso. What The Actuall fk  :o :o. And that Adonis belt to top if off. Ugly fking boooodyyyy jesus christ.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »

Defenitly a visual improvement after the humerus lengthening, he still looks weird imo. His legs are just too long to hide it completely.

Uppland

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »

Defenitly a visual improvement after the humerus lengthening, he still looks weird imo. His legs are just too long to hide it completely.

Yes it's now more clear than ever that there is such a thing as too long legs

Melan_sprint

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 11:42:20 AM »

Yes it's now more clear than ever that there is such a thing as too long legs

Ofcourse anything over 5'11 involves stepping over that s/h ratio. 6'1 people are always leggy people.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »

Ofcourse anything over 5'11 involves stepping over that s/h ratio. 6'1 people are always leggy people.
Being taller doesn't necessarily invole long legs imo. They are generally a little longer, yes but not by that much. This guy looks just weird.
The sh\ratio really starts to shift towards the leggy look at a height of 6'3-6'4+, so not excuse for us since none of us will ever reach that height.

Taller

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »

His legs aren't that long, although he's 6'4:

NewHeights

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »

His legs aren't that long, although he's 6'4:

Than you have Conan O'Brien at the other extreme

The only constant with tall men is long arms

hadrian

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 12:12:21 AM »

Well you cut like 8 cm off his arms of course he looks screwed. Check this one, I took only about 3 cm off his forearms

Yes, but arms that short do exist in nature and I see such examples daily, here is one example of a 6'0" guy with short arms. Or maybe he has average arm length with a long torso? Either way his arms appear short and it doesn't look good.

Don't know why so many baseball pitchers have short arms but it looks like crap.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:37:28 AM by hadrian »
Is it time to close this chapter of my life, and look towards the future?

Uppland

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 12:40:50 AM »

Fortunately I think 3CM extra humerus length will mitigate that problem quite a bit, especially after seeing exclides post.

Alan Codel

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 01:09:35 AM »

Hey, I'm the guy in OP's pics.

The shorter arms morph looks awful tbh. I don't like my physique, but that looks even worse.

I'd only been at the gym 1 month in the pics, so hopefully I can look more 'normal' over time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up