Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cosmetic LL with 36  (Read 409 times)

rht

• Visitor
cosmetic LL with 36
« on: December 08, 2018, 02:47:04 PM »

Hey guys!

I am exactly 180cm. I would consider myself as an athletic guy and think about cosmetic LL since a couple of years. I know there are a lot of people who would think I'm ridiculous and have problem with self confidence but please keep your comments about moral etc... for yourself... Sorry but regarding to my height I have no problem with self confidence. Maybe it is a kind of obsession.... Anyway I try to find the best doctor for this operation in europe. For instance Betz? Guichet? And I would like to know something about the recovery: How long would it take to do the daily activities again and how long would it take to go back to the work again?

Many thanks in advance!!!

myloginacc

Re: cosmetic LL with 36
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 03:51:57 PM »

You're crazy to consider this at your height. There.

Good luck.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

heightconsultant

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 06:34:09 PM »

Hello. With all respect to your opinion about your height and desire to become taller, I would suggest the following:

1. To get help from a psychologist to make sure you are ready for LL surgery mentally, and whether this will really improve your life quality, or maybe you can just get rid of obsession about height and be happy with it.
2. Try and visit LL centers, see patients who had this surgery and seeing treatment, or recovering/have recovered. Their real experience will give you more info about difficulties of limb lengthening, and you will have necessary material to decide if your obsession outweighs all the pain, long stressful months and associated risks.

As for recovery, in methods like Ilizarov/LON (methods which have an external fixator), the patients may be able to walk after 1-3 weeks since operation. But it varies from patient to patient. Some patients experience pain and difficulties, use walkers, or crutches, others have less pain and walk more easily.

rht

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 10:31:56 AM »

Thank you,

I did not mean extranal op. like Ilizarov... I ment internal fix. like Dr. Betz in Germany or Dr. Guichet in France does. with these methods should I have short recovery time or not?

Ascending

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 12:04:53 PM »

I also think you trying to fix something that is not broken.  180cm is a very good height and unless you are living in some country where the average height is well above your height then I see no point in doing this surgery.  As for choosing the right surgeon - make sure you read all the available patient diaries about your prospective surgeon.  If I were you I would not do this surgery at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up