Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiences of ATL (achille tendon lenghtening) with Pili/Catagni?  (Read 237 times)

Hobbit99

Any experiences of people who have been lenghtened their achille tendons by Pili or Catagni that I can Talk to? Are there people that didn't fully recover under Pili/Catagni?

ATL seems to be so controversial..
Currently lenghtening Tibia with Ilizarov method By Alexander Kirienko in Italy

162cm -> 168 cm goal

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=84798.msg270786#msg270786

YOUNGandSTRONG

Re: Experiences of ATL (achille tendon lenghtening) with Pili/Catagni?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 11:37:55 PM »

I am also looking for experiences with doctor Pili and Catagni, the forum seems not to know of his existence. As for ATL... I don't recommend it at all and I'm sure that no one here does too, the rotation of the Achilles tendon and its functioning will bother you, it resists up to 10 times the weight of the body and is capable of supporting loads up to 1000 pounds, you can imagine how important it is for the body.

I recommend you check with @Body Builder, he did ATL although I'm not sure if it was with one of those doctors.
A handsome boy who just wants to be tall

Aiming for Betzbone at Becker/Betz Institute.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
Re: Experiences of ATL (achille tendon lenghtening) with Pili/Catagni?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 07:08:10 PM »

As for ATL... I don't recommend it at all and I'm sure that no one here does too

There is no global consensus at this; if you're not against the use of AAS to aid in recovery (and if it's legal OTC at your country) it's certainly possible to come back after atl. There may not be a substantial amount of supporting literature at this; but if it was indeed absolutely crippling it would never be done. Pharmaceuticals can accomplish much; even if it's at the expense of heart health. Bodybuilder is doing fine after ats.

If you do elect to go under the knife for atl; make every effort to choose a performant surgeon. Surgeons technical skill
ultimately determines patient outcomes. ATL != crippled.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up