Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.5 or 2.5 years post-op for rod removal surgery?  (Read 697 times)

snowpiecer

1.5 or 2.5 years post-op for rod removal surgery?
« on: December 10, 2020, 01:30:09 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm not sure which timeline is better to get the rods out. For private reasons, I can only get it done during the summer. So that's why 1.5 or 2.5 years post-op are the only options for me. I feel like 1.5 years might be too soon since last time I got my x-rays was when I was 10 months post-op and my bones weren't fully consolidated.
At the same time, say my bones are fully consolidated at the 1.5 years mark, would it be bad if I wait an extra year to get the rods out?

Thanks in advance.

hanshi

Re: 1.5 or 2.5 years post-op for rod removal surgery?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 02:38:22 PM »

Depends on what kind of nail you have. Especially what kind of material.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

snowpiecer

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 02:59:23 PM »

Stryde nails

Movie

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »

Let's see here on average a doctor will recommend 1 month per CM lengthener ... so if you did 8 CM that's 8 months consolidation period + 3 months that took you to lengthen = 11 months post-op on average should be save for rod removal .... 1.5 yrs post op is a very safe timeline.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Michael J. Assayag, MD

• Limb Lengthening Orthopedic Surgeon from ICLL
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 06:48:28 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm not sure which timeline is better to get the rods out. For private reasons, I can only get it done during the summer. So that's why 1.5 or 2.5 years post-op are the only options for me. I feel like 1.5 years might be too soon since last time I got my x-rays was when I was 10 months post-op and my bones weren't fully consolidated.
At the same time, say my bones are fully consolidated at the 1.5 years mark, would it be bad if I wait an extra year to get the rods out?

Thanks in advance.

15 months would likely be Ok, but it would not be bad to wait further.

I would however avoid waiting much more than 3 years
Dr. Michael J Assayag MD FRCSC
Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgeon
http://www.heightrx.com https://www.limblength.org/conditions/short-stature
massayag@lifebridgehealth.org
IG @bonelengthening
Pages: [1]   Go Up