Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you say to one person who wants to do the LL surgery?  (Read 1866 times)

Going-For-Three

Re: What would you say to one person who wants to do the LL surgery?
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2021, 06:15:23 AM »

@Want-Three-Inches

1) I tried to get the final two CM, but the nails failed.
2) Not yet, but soon
3) Yes I hope so
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself if the nails failed. There's probably nothing you could have done brother.

Megatron

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2021, 10:26:13 AM »

It’s definitely worth it past 25. Only true benefit doing it early is your bone grows faster so it’s physically easier for you to recover from the surgery by the psychological effect would be the same. If anything you can appreciate the surgery more past 25. For example if I got this surgery done at 22 after my Growth plates closed I would probably take it for granted vs getting it when I’m past 25 I’ll probably have suffered more mentally and do more with it like maintain being in great shape with it, be more confident and appreciative of the new height etc. socially it’s the same effect, I also agree with the others that when you’re younger height doesn’t matter to opposite sxx as much. I mean when you’re younger most ppl are more confident. It’s when you get older you start to doubt yourself more. In my honest opinion it’s more effective to do this when your older mentally but physically it’s more beneficial when you’re younger. Doing it when you’re older you’ll see how you get treated differently by ppl and will have enough of experience and evidence of that so you’ll see a huge difference. That’s what I learned from wearing lifts. Was 5’6 and then went to 5’8 and saw how guys didn’t make fun of my height, females were paying more attention. If anyone is doing this for someone else though besides themselves it’s probably a mistake to do it. Like if you’re doing this for women you should probably wait until you mature and see how you feel about it later on in life cause I doubt you’ll be happy with this surgery if it’s to get more women. Often times height alone isn’t enough to get what you want or if you get that girl you want she might not stick around. Should really work on yourself first and the height should just be a plus for yourself not for anyone else. That’s just my opinion everyone is different.

(Sorry meant for another post)

Unknown

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2021, 03:40:30 PM »

Only do it as a last resort. Its not so much a regular plastic surgery that you can just do and recover with time. Some people dont heal properly and the whole process is very tedious and tough. Being crippled is a small probability but still not miniscule enough to be insignificant, so always be mentally prepared before attempting it.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2021, 07:16:16 PM »

@Want-three-inches:
What do you mean by a picture of my leg? Like of an x-ray or of the skin?

Want-3-inches

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »

@Want-three-inches:
What do you mean by a picture of my leg? Like of an x-ray or of the skin?

Of the skin. I want to see the outward rotational thing. I have noticed I walk outward feet too but it may not be significant.

If you have an xray that would be great too

6CMFemurs

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2021, 09:03:28 AM »

@Want-three-inches: When knees are straight my feet point out. When feet point straight, knees point in.

I tried posting photos directly off my phone. It says file is too big, I really don't have the motivation/give a   enough to mess around it and reformat the size...

balme

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2022, 09:05:26 AM »

To answer your question as someone who did LL 7 years ago.

- I regret not lengthening more, and not standing up for myself when the doctor cut my bone too low and then recommended that I stop the lengthening. I also regret not fully rehabbing sooner for fear that I would damage the nail I hoped to re-lengthen in the future.

- I can walk and hike faster than I could pre-op (maybe because my femur is longer, idk), but cannot run as fast as before. I can walk for hours and hours and never feel tired (I literally feel superhuman in that regard), but my muscles fatigue fairly quickly when I run. I am currently working on building up my muscle stamina. For the past couple of weeks, I have been hiking up a giant mountain behind my house and running down to build glute strength. The total trek is about 4 miles and I feel it getting easier and easier every day, plus I get the best views in LA :). My walk does not look normal because I have an external tibial torsion deformity that looks worse due to my inability to compensate for it after femoral lengthening.

- I still have hip pain, especially on the left side. It doesn't hurt when I am just sitting but gets irritated easily when I run on pavement on other hard surfaces. This is why I prefer trail running and hiking on dirt. My right knee is starting to hurt too when I exercise too much, but that may be because of externally rotated gait rather than LL.

-If I could do it all over again, I would have a) gone for the maximum length the nail allowed b) Been honest with everyone in my life about what I was doing and been proud of it rather than ashamed.

did you get ITB release? hip pain probably related with that.

boklecrt

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2022, 12:23:08 AM »

@Want-three-inches: When knees are straight my feet point out. When feet point straight, knees point in.

I tried posting photos directly off my phone. It says file is too big, I really don't have the motivation/give a   enough to mess around it and reformat the size...

as height journey said in his victor interview, this is called duck feet and if it is up to 10 degrees off the neutral axis it is deemed normal range by the medical establishment

if it gives you bother, go to an ortho to measure how many degrees your deviation is from the neutral axis

if its beyond 10 degrees then it is a deformity and it warrants correction if so inclined
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up