Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My concerns and questions about limb lengthening  (Read 696 times)

kofimanya

• Visitor
My concerns and questions about limb lengthening
« on: June 23, 2021, 01:19:06 PM »

Hello to everyone. I am 15 years old, I will turn 16 in December. The last time I had my height measured in March and it was 173.5.
I think I'm short and I worry a lot about that. According to my plans, I will try to grow as much as 18 years old. (I don't know how much, but even 1 cm will save me a lot of time in the future.)
And then I will be 190 with 2 surgeries. But in this case, a few problems arise. I do not know the length of my legs, but I know that you are longer than my torso. With 2 surgeries, I will lengthen my legs approximately 16 - 17 cm.
Even if it doesn't cause any problems in the short term, I'm worried whether it will cause problems in the long run. Now I want to ask you the following:

1 - I'm 15 years old and I know my growth plates are still open. What do I need to do to grow as much as I can naturally until my puberty? (What should I eat? What kind of exercises should I do? How long will I grow naturally? I would appreciate if there are knowledgeable people who can provide detailed information about such questions.)

2 - If I don't grow taller, I'm thinking of having 2 surgeries to grow 17 cm. Is my body's proportions distorted too much? Is there an ugly image? (I'm looking at a few UFC fighters. Their legs and arms are quite long. So naturally there are people like that. So I don't think the surgery will mess up my proportions. Example: Jon Jones, Magnus Cedenblad)

3 - What are the long-term or short-term problems that I may experience after the operation? (Look, I'm not talking about the problems that tall people have because they're tall, I'm saying the problems they have because of the surgery.)
I will be glad if you can help me with my questions. If you have any questions you want to ask, I can answer them.

Jokerhastowait2022

Re: My concerns and questions about limb lengthening
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 01:44:12 PM »

We really should start considering putting an age limit to access this forum  :-\ 15, still growing, wants two surgeries... What a combination!

overandover

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 01:51:01 PM »

We really should start considering putting an age limit to access this forum  :-\ 15, still growing, wants two surgeries... What a combination!

Just ignore these kids. And yes I agree about the age limit.

kofimanya

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 01:57:28 PM »

Sorry. I'm just so worried about this topic and I thought maybe it would help if I posted it here.

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »

Look buddy, you're still a teenager and also growing. At 15, these types of surgeries shouldn't even cross your mind. Since your growth plates are still open, try to reach the maximum height you can. Sleep at 10 PM for 8 hours, eat healthy meals, and exercise a ton. You can also see a doctor and consider growth hormone injections. Try to stay away from thinking about this surgery until you've fully grown naturally, and by then if you still think you want to be taller, you can start thinking about the surgery. Many of the outrageous things ( such as this surgery) you desire in life will become a matter of complete stupidity when you look back on it later in life.

Cheers.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 03:26:38 PM »

I would argue for an 18+ age limit but I think even a 21+ age limit would be better.  15 year olds are highly emotional (been there…), 18 year olds are technically adults but aren’t really fully mature (again been there)… I think 21 is an arbitrary number but it’s a fairly mature age where most people have experienced some real life (have experienced love, have started transitioning into the real world).

That said I would love to make exceptions for parents of children posting here.  For example there are some parents posting here on behalf of their children and I think that’s not only reasonable, they tend to be great forum members and we tend to be able to give them better support.

Hello to everyone. I am 15 years old, I will turn 16 in December. The last time I had my height measured in March and it was 173.5.
I think I'm short and I worry a lot about that. According to my plans, I will try to grow as much as 18 years old. (I don't know how much, but even 1 cm will save me a lot of time in the future.)
And then I will be 190 with 2 surgeries. But in this case, a few problems arise. I do not know the length of my legs, but I know that you are longer than my torso. With 2 surgeries, I will lengthen my legs approximately 16 - 17 cm.
Even if it doesn't cause any problems in the short term, I'm worried whether it will cause problems in the long run. Now I want to ask you the following:

1 - I'm 15 years old and I know my growth plates are still open. What do I need to do to grow as much as I can naturally until my puberty? (What should I eat? What kind of exercises should I do? How long will I grow naturally? I would appreciate if there are knowledgeable people who can provide detailed information about such questions.)

2 - If I don't grow taller, I'm thinking of having 2 surgeries to grow 17 cm. Is my body's proportions distorted too much? Is there an ugly image? (I'm looking at a few UFC fighters. Their legs and arms are quite long. So naturally there are people like that. So I don't think the surgery will mess up my proportions. Example: Jon Jones, Magnus Cedenblad)

3 - What are the long-term or short-term problems that I may experience after the operation? (Look, I'm not talking about the problems that tall people have because they're tall, I'm saying the problems they have because of the surgery.)
I will be glad if you can help me with my questions. If you have any questions you want to ask, I can answer them.

I can tell you categorically that you don’t understand the operation and the limitations at all.  You will never be 190cm unless you have a growth spurt.  Almost no doctor will give you 16cm and only maybe one person ever has done that much and turned out to be a normal person after.  And that’s a question of extreme debate here.

You could work on enjoying your childhood, work on getting a good career, getting a high paying job, and in your 20s paying for 8cm on your femurs to get to over 180cm.  That’s realism for you.  Don’t get LL at 15 if you’re 173.5cm.  Your height isn’t very short.  163.5cm and I would consider being more sympathetic.  If you want vanity (like me — I’m starting at 175cm) then wait until your 20s.  This is expensive, dangerous, painful, and will take part of your life away.  Go enjoy your childhood and if you need an impetus for success, work hard in school with the goal of paying for LL in your 20s.  You may get there and not want it anymore and end up just successful.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 04:56:49 PM »

Lol I thought my growth plates were closed but I have grown in the past year about 1.5 cm. I used to be 173.5 too now I'm 177 in the morning. (For like 10 minutes)

I remember being 173.5, my goal was still 185 cm. I think you should target your MAXIMUM gain to 185. You dont wanna take the huge risk of the additional, unnecessary, 5 cm.

Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Thorfinnn

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »

You still have time to grow I would wait until you are in your 20’s to consider this surgery. Before that you should do all the research about the surgery and the risks with it.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 06:43:15 PM »

Honestly, I really think comments should be limited to people who have done the surgery or are in the process of lengthening. There are a lot of people with some very warped body image issues, and a lot of the incel, red pill language has seeped into this forum. Also, a lot of younger people are on the forum internalizing a lot of the more outlandish statements.

This kid is likely in 10th grade and is 5"8, he should definitely spend his time and energy enjoying his life rather than on a cosmetic surgery forum. 

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 05:06:21 AM »

Honestly, I really think comments should be limited to people who have done the surgery or are in the process of lengthening. There are a lot of people with some very warped body image issues, and a lot of the incel, red pill language has seeped into this forum. Also, a lot of younger people are on the forum internalizing a lot of the more outlandish statements.

This kid is likely in 10th grade and is 5"8, he should definitely spend his time and energy enjoying his life rather than on a cosmetic surgery forum.

100% agree with all of this. There’s a surprising amount of trolls, minors, and 500 post angry incels. But at the same time we shouldn’t weed our prospective LLers. Hmm
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 08:19:07 AM »

You still have time to grow I would wait until you are in your 20’s to consider this surgery. Before that you should do all the research about the surgery and the risks with it.

22 at least.
Meh.

Sambollio

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2021, 08:20:49 PM »

I’m not going to address the surgical part of the question because you are too young to be considering that right now. I’m not going to talk down to you but I remember being 15 and almost every idea/opinion I had has changed multiple times since then. I’m 23 now. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to shelf this idea for now and get if in 5 years it’s a big concern for you then come back. You still have a couple of years of growth and I Think it’s likely that you will be at the very least average height but likely above average or even tall! As far as maximizing your height, that is relatively an easy but boring answer. Sleep at least 8 uninterrupted hours a night, maybe more at your age (this is the most important). After that comes nutrition since you are still growing do research on a good amount of calories to eat (probably a surplus due to growing still). Make sure the food is healthy but don’t obsess, get all your vitamins. The reason you don’t want to obsess is you want low stress levels this will also regulate your hormones and maximize height. Finally keep your body fat percentage low but not to low. I’d say 9-12%. This will keep your hormones you want like testosterone high and estrogen (which will speed up growth plate closure) low. Lift weights or get other physical activity. Lifting weights in a safe responsible way will not effect height negatively despite what some uninformed people say. Good luck and don’t stress about this right now, because ironically that stress might negatively effect your height lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up