Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lengthening at home vs. Dr. Paley  (Read 1289 times)

jayes

• Visitor
Lengthening at home vs. Dr. Paley
« on: August 23, 2019, 04:30:01 AM »

Hey guys

I saw Dr. Paley in consultation and liked everything.  But I really want to be able to lengthen at home and Paley does not allow patients that option.  He is also the one with the most experience with the Stryde nail.  He must have good reason to still expect patients to be close to his clinic.  I know guys like Debiparshad offer the option of lengthening from home after the first 4 weeks. 

For those that did it from home, were you a bit anxious about doing this all alone?  Did you have trouble finding PT who was comfortable with someone doing LL?  I'm from Canada so it won't be too difficult getting back to the surgeon in case of any serious issues.  Would you still do it from home if you could do it again?

Cheers

jayes

• Visitor
Re: Lengthening at home vs. Dr. Paley
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 11:44:20 PM »

Anyone?

limewalk

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 03:43:34 AM »

Hi jayes

I am in a similar position as you. I feel very scared to do this all by myself. At the end of the day, no matter the technology, it is a painful process and involves your involvement every single day (PT and lengthening). I am an anxious person in general and it makes things worse.

You can also get it done with Paley and beg to be allowed to go back home because you can't take it anymore. I'm sure they would allow you to go back. Since Canada is not far from US you can even brave it out and stay in Florida one day at a time? Worst case your family can fly down and meet you? You are certainly better off than being in an island called Australia.  :D

jayes

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 07:53:03 AM »

Hey limewalk,

Thanks for responding.  I'm also kind of anxious like you and don't want to risk any issues with lengthening away.  But being away from home for 3 months isn't easy for me.  It seems that some have had surgery by guys like Debiparshad and lengthened from home without many issues.  It'd be nice to know how they managed to find PT who was comfortable and knowledge about LL.

limewalk

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 08:09:51 AM »

LL PT is not that complicated. At least while lengthening you just have to do basic stretches. I am not too worried about PT. Ask other Stryde LLers to be sure.

The other decision is choice of doctor which is a hard one to make.

Lalbadshah

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 06:49:23 PM »

ok, let me make it very clear and take away a BIG confusion that you seem to have - people did not do at home out of choice (the way you are making it sound like) - whoever has done it at home did it because they had some constraints which prohibit them from staying at the doctor's location for the entire duration of the procedure or lengthening. Nobody did it at home even though they could do it at doctor's location without sacrificing something (career etc.). So, if there is absolutely no constraint that is compelling enough for you to lengthen at home , then the choice is simple - lengthen at the doctor's location. I feel you are making this question bigger/complicated than it is. People are doing it at home out of compulsion not out of choice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up