Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: News from guesthouse (Barcelona)  (Read 16865 times)

EndGame

Re: News from guesthouse (Barcelona)
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2016, 01:53:09 AM »

Jbc you are selfish and arrogant. You can afford Paley but other people can't. Cheap prices attract them. Would you like to take the responsibility if they become crippled? I get many support private messages. Perhaps my posts are more useful to people than yours. Think about this.

IF you don't like my posts don't read them.

You miss the point. It's not an issue that you bash monegal. Maybe your posts are more useful. However, jbc has been planning on doing a diary which is the exact opposite of selfish. However your hijacking others threads to bash monegal is an issue. You have a vendetta and you are the one being selfish. If you made a thread monegal is a monster let's discuss and left your bashing to that thread I doubt people would be constantly complaining about you but you seem to only care about your vendetta which might be a justified one and might be helping others. But the ends don't always justify the means and you show no respect to the forum or its users by constantly hijacking threads.

jbc

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2016, 01:59:59 AM »

You miss the point. It's not an issue that you bash monegal. Maybe your posts are more useful. However, jbc has been planning on doing a diary which is the exact opposite of selfish. However your hijacking others threads to bash monegal is an issue. You have a vendetta and you are the one being selfish. If you made a thread monegal is a monster let's discuss and left your bashing to that thread I doubt people would be constantly complaining about you but you seem to only care about your vendetta which might be a justified one and might be helping others. But the ends don't always justify the means and you show no respect to the forum or its users by constantly hijacking threads.

Thanks EndGame, I appreciate your thoughts. I'm honestly done with all this. Just not worth the mental effort to be here anymore and see this crap.

Koi

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2016, 01:33:48 AM »

Hello, I just read this post. I'm new here (althogh I've been reading posts from these forums and thinking about getting LL in the future for a long time) and these kind of posts scare me a lot... I live near Barcelona so it may be my first option... if someone could vouch those people are fine and alive... I'd appreciate it. Really. I hope he's just a troll or a person whi just heard a rumour. :-\

The Kaiser

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2016, 01:36:46 AM »

Hello, I just read this post. I'm new here (althogh I've been reading posts from these forums and thinking about getting LL in the future for a long time) and these kind of posts scare me a lot... I live near Barcelona so it may be my first option... if someone could vouch those people are fine and alive... I'd appreciate it. Really. I hope he's just a troll or a person whi just heard a rumour. :-\

don't worry there are no any single case that someone died from this surgery since 1960s.

Koi

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2016, 01:40:48 AM »

don't worry there are no any single case that someone died from this surgery since 1960s.
Yup, that's what I read. Thank you very much, The Kaiser. I guess that if such person died, it didn't have to do anything with LL. Just because you die while doing something, it doesn't mean that thing killed you.

Best regards,
Koi.

The Kaiser

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2016, 12:19:29 PM »

Yup, that's what I read. Thank you very much, The Kaiser. I guess that if such person died, it didn't have to do anything with LL. Just because you die while doing something, it doesn't mean that thing killed you.

Best regards,
Koi.

The only possible way to die is by doing three surgeries at one time (femur, tibia and arm)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »

The only possible way to die is by doing three surgeries at one time (femur, tibia and arm)

There was a paper by Dr Catagni showing that a patient died during an Achilles Tendon Lengthening,  so the risk is still there, however minute, even doing only one leg lengthening.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2016, 12:35:41 PM »

There was a paper by Dr Catagni showing that a patient died during an Achilles Tendon Lengthening,  so the risk is still there, however minute, even doing only one leg lengthening.

Damn, what caused the death?

The Kaiser

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2016, 12:50:16 PM »

if he died by car accident or something, we can't blame LL

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2016, 04:23:33 PM »

Hey The Kaiser, You can't possibly be that dumb?! Can you....

The quote is "Died during Achillies Tendon Lengthening" Here, read the quote again.

There was a paper by Dr Catagni showing that a patient died during an Achilles Tendon Lengthening

You would be doing everyone a favor if read more and posted less. Thanks.

Morissette

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2016, 04:52:09 PM »

LL and Achilles lengthening aren't the same thing. This big difference that separates them and stay with me here this is where it gets complicated one involves breaking and separating a bone and the other involves cutting and lengthening a tendon? Understand the difference? I could draw you a picture but I'm not a very good artist so that probably wouldn't help

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »

Damn, what caused the death?

Paper says it was due to pulmonary embolism, which can happen with internal methods that don't require ATL. BilateralDamage had one after his surgery with Dr Paley and had to be monitored.

Strategy in the surgical treatment of achondroplasia: techniques applied in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology Hospital of Lecco
M.A. Catagni, F. Guerreschi, L. Lovisetti

Between 1982 and 2007, 128 patients with achondroplasia were treated in the Lecco Hospital. 100 of these were treated with sequential bilateral limb lengthening and seven with crossed lengthening. The average tibial lengthening was 14.1 centimeters (range: 6 to 19 cm). The average femoral lengthening was 9.8 centimeters (range: 8 to 12 cm), and the average humeral lengthening 8.3 centimeters (range: 8 to 12 cm).

The complications were classified as minor, moderate, and severe. Minor complications were those which required only modification of the apparatus during treatment. Twenty-three percent of the lengthenings required some modification of the device during treatment. Moderate complications were those which required additional procedures during lengthening. Forty-two percent of patients fell into this category. Finally, severe complications were those which required another surgery following treatment or had lasting sequelae of the treatment. Twenty-one percent of patients fell into this category.
The most common complication was equinus contractures of the ankle which required treatment by tendoachilles lengthening. Two pulmonary emboli were sustained following percutaneous tendo-achilles lengthening. One patient died as a result of this complication.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10261-009-0032-9
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2016, 08:11:01 PM »

And it was someone with dwarfism, damn that just sad.

Lgazer

« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2016, 08:21:44 PM »

One LL achondroplasia patient from Ginebreda also died. It was published in the Spanish newspapers and in this forum some months ago. It was a very bad case because the organs of the girl were made disappear so that the cause of the death couldn't be determined and doctors could escape jail. It's a case of negligence now being investigated court.

Some people said patients from Paley and Betz also died but just hearsay in the boards. One person from this forum told me a patient from Betz went to Paley and he died in Operatig room but I haven't proofs of that.

sashawiak

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »

One LL achondroplasia patient from Ginebreda also died. It was published in the Spanish newspapers and in this forum some months ago. It was a very bad case because the organs of the girl were made disappear so that the cause of the death couldn't be determined and doctors could escape jail. It's a case of negligence now being investigated court.

Some people said patients from Paley and Betz also died but just hearsay in the boards. One person from this forum told me a patient from Betz went to Paley and he died in Operatig room but I haven't proofs of that.

WTF. That's horrible.

Bander72

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2016, 10:52:32 PM »

Its people trying to scare members to not do the surgery. Paley regards safety as the most important thing.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up