Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why isn't this spinal lenthening technique being discussed?  (Read 4380 times)

Heightmogged

• Visitor
Why isn't this spinal lenthening technique being discussed?
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:01:44 AM »

I am surprised that this isn't being discussed on these forums more often.  It has been proven that it is totally safe for humans to have their spines decompressed up to 3" while they are in space....hell, it naturally decompresses 1" overnight while we sleep here on earth.  The only reason it compresses and we shrink is because the fluid within the disks between the vertebrae escapes due to pressure.  Well, what if we made the disks overall thicker and increased our height that way?  Well it turns out that this is not only totally possible, but it is in fact already being done for patients with advanced degenerative disk wear.  Doctors inject some kind of gel into the patient's disks to inflate them back up.

Here is a link to an article I found discussing this:

http://pratt.duke.edu/news/duke-bioengineers-develop-new-approach-regenerate-back-discs

There are several other articles out there discussing this as well.  I vaguely even recall reading something specifically stating that it restores lost height.  Well we aren't any different than those patients, and our money is the same as theirs.  So if someone wanted to do this for cosmetic purposes only, I think that is totally our right to make that decision.  We have about 24 disks I believe so if we got slight injections into each one wouldn't the cumulative effects be at least 1" in height?  It seems safer, cheaper, and way less painful than undergoing LL.

What do you guys think?  Imagine all the LL gains you could have and then add this to help with proportions and even to gain more height. 

Heightmogged

• Visitor
Re: Why isn't this spinal lenthening technique being discussed?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 02:06:24 PM »

Doesn't anybody have an opinion?  I would think a forum full of short guys would be jumping to discuss something like this.  It looks promising to me.

Peaceout

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 05:48:17 PM »

No one is jumping because this is not a safer,cheaper and way less painful way than LL.This is a very stupid way to get taller(actually no offence but this the most bs idea to get taller.).And even if someone thinks to try it for cosmetic reasons i dont think it will work.Maybe in 30-40 years..Maybe.

Heightmogged

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 06:22:15 PM »

No one is jumping because this is not a safer,cheaper and way less painful way than LL.This is a very stupid way to get taller(actually no offence but this the most bs idea to get taller.).And even if someone thinks to try it for cosmetic reasons i dont think it will work.Maybe in 30-40 years..Maybe.

Wow.

Well can you at least elaborate on what exactly makes this idea so stupid? 

And can you explain why you think it wouldn't be more costly and more painful than breaking the biggest bones in your body and spending months in a bed and wheelchair while you undergo distraction? 

I'm just curious.  Not trying to start a fight.

aspirant185

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »

Because when you break your bones, in the worst case scenario the bones will recover and you will walk again. Never heard of anybody that got disabled after LL. In contrast, if you mess with your spine, you might get paralyzed from your neck down there to your legs. You don't mess with your spine for cosmetic reasons :D Never
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Adam.bax

• 200cm with an 80cm inside leg
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 01:00:29 AM »

Your suggesting to inject your spine with fluid and you don't see why that is stupid?

Deads

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 01:58:22 PM »

Just to chime in.. Your spine is naturally filled with fluids. These fluids get compressed throughout the day and this is what gives a morning and afternoon height.. The idea isn't stupid at all and would be a lot cheaper then LL.

If this fluid prevented the spine from compressing permenatly then you could easily manipulate a gain 2.5cm of height. Its already being used to treat other medical ailments involving the compression of the spine, but it's only a temporary fix. The fluid dissipates after some time.. This is why they are designing a permenant fluid.. Very viable and easy. I predict that it will become a method of becoming taller in the next 3-5 years.

It won't give you much height, but included in your LL schedule, an extra inch is huge.. Imagine 5cm Femur, 2.5cm spinal fluid... Would be perfect for people like YellowSpike who are considering another complete surgery for only 3cm.

Deads

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 02:04:16 PM »

Duplicate

Heightmogged

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 08:53:20 PM »

Your suggesting to inject your spine with fluid and you don't see why that is stupid?

The injections aren't going into the spine.  They are going into the intravertebral disks.

Heightmogged

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 08:57:56 PM »

Just to chime in.. Your spine is naturally filled with fluids. These fluids get compressed throughout the day and this is what gives a morning and afternoon height.. The idea isn't stupid at all and would be a lot cheaper then LL.

If this fluid prevented the spine from compressing permenatly then you could easily manipulate a gain 2.5cm of height. Its already being used to treat other medical ailments involving the compression of the spine, but it's only a temporary fix. The fluid dissipates after some time.. This is why they are designing a permenant fluid.. Very viable and easy. I predict that it will become a method of becoming taller in the next 3-5 years.

It won't give you much height, but included in your LL schedule, an extra inch is huge.. Imagine 5cm Femur, 2.5cm spinal fluid... Would be perfect for people like YellowSpike who are considering another complete surgery for only 3cm.

Exactly.  And thank you for backing me up.  I fail to understand why others on here and the make me taller forum think this is ridiculous to even try....like seriously? 

It definitely seems very feasible and I can't see how it would be more painful or expensive than LL.  As of now it looks like all that's left to do is finding that fluid or gel that would stay in the disks somewhat permanently, and then pushing the medical field to allow patients to get this done for cosmetic reasons. 

Alu

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 08:59:53 PM »

The injections aren't going into the spine.  They are going into the intravertebral disks.

With these sort of "experiments," which is all they are, they can take years of research and approval to reach the market for legitimate purposes in medicine. After that it will take longer for it to become a cosmetic product.

If it can be perfected, then great, that's awesome. I have that to look forward to in the future after I do LL to better my proportions. But, in truth I'm not holding my breath for it. Also, this is completely out of our control.

Deads

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 09:03:15 PM »

Exactly.  And thank you for backing me up.  I fail to understand why others on here and the make me taller forum think this is ridiculous to even try....like seriously? 

It definitely seems very feasible and I can't see how it would be more painful or expensive than LL.  As of now it looks like all that's left to do is finding that fluid or gel that would stay in the disks somewhat permanently, and then pushing the medical field to allow patients to get this done for cosmetic reasons.

Feel free to Pm me if you happen to find any info on this in the future.

YellowSpike

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 11:05:32 PM »

Absolutely. Another inch would be golden for me. I honest to God think I'd be happy at 5'9". Or, at the very least...content with my height enough to not think about it that much anymore. 5'9" is a VERY common height cutoff online (hence why I add an inch and say I'm 5'9").
Pages: [1]   Go Up