Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indians planning LL  (Read 1233 times)

Dirona

Indians planning LL
« on: September 04, 2023, 01:58:17 PM »

Indian/Asian folks thinking of LL, where are you guys planning to get the procedure since Precice is unavailable in India?
Taking it easy

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
Re: Indians planning LL
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 05:03:59 PM »

I'm going to get the surgery done with Afa Limb lengthening. They're the only clinic in Turkey that has zero negative experience or reviews on this forum and that doesn't overlengthen you at a abnormal speed. They basically offer everything LiveLifeTaller does (psychio, driving, hotel) in one building while being different with having a way more experienced surgeon and team, while sticking to the global safety standards in many ways and isn't overpriced. They don't overlengthen almost every single patients like LLT or Dr Betz / Becker does, but stick to the global safety maximum gains of 8 cm femurs / 6 cm tibias.

I was considering Dr Giotikas in Greece for a long time, but his team stopped repliying to my easy questions which seemed a bit concerning. Also dr Giotikas doesn't offer driving in his package and hydrotherapy, while actually allowing patients to do both tibia and femur at the same time and recommended it, which isn't an option at AFA or almost all other clinics because of safety. You also have to pay all the money up front with Dr Giotikas which seems concerning to me. I have done more than 1 year of research before I have choosen this decision and I would recommend that clinic, but of course you should do your own research as well, maybe you find something that fits you better (location, price etc..) Being handicapped while constantly having to enter / exit a car and going somewhere new multiple times a week is not only risky but very inconvenient. And if complications accure they will from my understanding fix it free of charge or request nuvasive for a warranty case, while you will have to shell out even more with dr giotikas.

Burn5959

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 05:40:34 PM »

Hello DanishViking,

may i ask you how to you think about dr. Birkholtz in SA?

Dirona

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 05:43:47 PM »

I'm going to get the surgery done with Afa Limb lengthening. They're the only clinic in Turkey that has zero negative experience or reviews on this forum and that doesn't overlengthen you at a abnormal speed. They basically offer everything LiveLifeTaller does (psychio, driving, hotel) in one building while being different with having a way more experienced surgeon and team, while sticking to the global safety standards in many ways and isn't overpriced. They don't overlengthen almost every single patients like LLT or Dr Betz / Becker does, but stick to the global safety maximum gains of 8 cm femurs / 6 cm tibias.

I was considering Dr Giotikas in Greece for a long time, but his team stopped repliying to my easy questions which seemed a bit concerning. Also dr Giotikas doesn't offer driving in his package and hydrotherapy, while actually allowing patients to do both tibia and femur at the same time and recommended it, which isn't an option at AFA or almost all other clinics because of safety. You also have to pay all the money up front with Dr Giotikas which seems concerning to me. I have done more than 1 year of research before I have choosen this decision and I would recommend that clinic, but of course you should do your own research as well, maybe you find something that fits you better (location, price etc..) Being handicapped while constantly having to enter / exit a car and going somewhere new multiple times a week is not only risky but very inconvenient. And if complications accure they will from my understanding fix it free of charge or request nuvasive for a warranty case, while you will have to shell out even more with dr giotikas.

Thanks for your reply..My height is 167 which is close to yours and I am on the edge on deciding on if I have to do it etc
Taking it easy

jaicionadain

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 10:31:47 PM »

How is your thoughts on dr b?

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 04:31:59 PM »

Dr Birkholtz is definitly a good choice and cares a lot about safety as well. He don't max out the nail like most other surgeons for everyone, but gurantees pretty much that you can get to 6.5 cm on femurs. My problem with going with him is that is package only include a 3 month stay, which I'm not happy about. I need about 3 connecting flights from Denmark to South Africa, and how am I supposed to go trough that with 2 broken legs? But if you live nearby or don't have this kind of problem, then he might even be the best choice espically compared to the price offered.

Grateful

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023, 12:32:07 AM »

I am an indian, from Mumbai, planning to get this surgery.
I had an appointment with Dr mangal Parihar, he said precise is not available rn, but must be available after 6 months, so I am waiting on it.

JON SNOW

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2023, 12:54:26 AM »

Dr Birkholtz is definitly a good choice and cares a lot about safety as well. He don't max out the nail like most other surgeons for everyone, but gurantees pretty much that you can get to 6.5 cm on femurs. My problem with going with him is that is package only include a 3 month stay, which I'm not happy about. I need about 3 connecting flights from Denmark to South Africa, and how am I supposed to go trough that with 2 broken legs? But if you live nearby or don't have this kind of problem, then he might even be the best choice espically compared to the price offered.

agree 3 month stay only and then long flights is a not for me also

now theoretically maybe can arrange with Dr Birkholtz a longer stay  or rent an airbnb 2 or even 3 month , flight/go out of SA walking-ish

the real problem for me is the visa, have to investigate more but the little I see so far I find problematic, the process and bureaucracy etc.

Dirona

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 05:15:55 AM »

I am an indian, from Mumbai, planning to get this surgery.
I had an appointment with Dr mangal Parihar, he said precise is not available rn, but must be available after 6 months, so I am waiting on it.

Sent you a message
Taking it easy

One life

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 09:13:20 AM »

I’m also planning for dr Mangal any one else planning dm me let do it together precice

overandover

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2023, 09:24:16 PM »

Indian/Asian folks thinking of LL, where are you guys planning to get the procedure since Precice is unavailable in India?

I'll do it with parihar if precice comes back otherwise I'll prob will go with Assayag in the US.

Dirona

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 08:12:11 PM »

I'll do it with parihar if precice comes back otherwise I'll prob will go with Assayag in the US.

why assayag and not others?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 09:35:52 PM by Dirona »
Taking it easy

overandover

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2023, 10:07:28 PM »

why assayag and not others?

No specific reason. Just decided based on HJ and other diaries and his interviews.

suifeng

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2023, 08:53:22 AM »

I have no good impression of Turkey, it is treacherous and the judiciary is corrupt. I believe in Germany, where medical care is more rigorous. If you have an accident in Turkey, no police or judiciary can help you.

Grateful

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2024, 08:49:00 AM »

Fitbone nail will be available in India in 2 month's, so what do people here suggest, what's drawbacks of fitbone?

overandover

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2024, 10:15:40 AM »

Fitbone nail will be available in India in 2 month's, so what do people here suggest, what's drawbacks of fitbone?

Dr. Parihar told me there's no drawback. It's as good as precice.

heightiseverything

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2024, 07:50:30 PM »

Hi, what doctor are you planning to doing this with?
Pages: [1]   Go Up