Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody else developed drop foot with tibia LON?  (Read 447 times)

shortbutstunning

• Visitor
Anybody else developed drop foot with tibia LON?
« on: January 15, 2022, 09:18:52 PM »

Hey guys,  I have developed drop foot in my right leg pretty much right after surgery, it was extremely painful and I couldn’t move my foot up at all (dorsiflex) lost all movement there.  Now after some physio there is very little movement coming back.  However 2 days ago about 13 days since lengthening, I got the same intense pain in my left leg and now I can barely lift my left foot as well, though there’s some movement, it’s worse than my right leg now.
Anybody else experienced this?

One thing I might add, is that I developed this on my left leg when a nurse changed part of my LON device, as it was extremely difficult to turn it, and it happened as he was turning the new part.

Thehighest

Re: Anybody else developed drop foot with tibia LON?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 12:53:25 AM »

Where was your surgery done?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 02:39:09 AM »

What does your doctor say?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

shortbutstunning

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 04:02:14 AM »

What does your doctor say?

My doctor and physio therapist said that it is from the trauma and swelling after the surgery and movement will come back, which it is doing slowly.

They don’t understand why it happened to my left leg too since it only happened when the nurse changed part of the LON device and the nurse claims that he didn’t do anything to my bone etc.  The only explanation I got so far is that maybe I involuntary contracted the muscle in my left foot since I got scared and that caused the pain and therefore I can’t move it anymore.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 05:32:37 AM »

My doctor and physio therapist said that it is from the trauma and swelling after the surgery and movement will come back, which it is doing slowly.

They don’t understand why it happened to my left leg too since it only happened when the nurse changed part of the LON device and the nurse claims that he didn’t do anything to my bone etc.  The only explanation I got so far is that maybe I involuntary contracted the muscle in my left foot since I got scared and that caused the pain and therefore I can’t move it anymore.

Right now, it seems like you're best off just listening to them and giving it a couple weeks. If the problem persists, then pester them.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

balme

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 08:34:46 AM »

Hey guys,  I have developed drop foot in my right leg pretty much right after surgery, it was extremely painful and I couldn’t move my foot up at all (dorsiflex) lost all movement there.  Now after some physio there is very little movement coming back.  However 2 days ago about 13 days since lengthening, I got the same intense pain in my left leg and now I can barely lift my left foot as well, though there’s some movement, it’s worse than my right leg now.
Anybody else experienced this?

One thing I might add, is that I developed this on my left leg when a nurse changed part of my LON device, as it was extremely difficult to turn it, and it happened as he was turning the new part.

is drop foot healed? what happened past months?
Pages: [1]   Go Up