Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: how will i look after LL  (Read 21361 times)

microman

how will i look after LL
« on: May 12, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

I plan to add either 5 or 6cm to my tibs, so for tib and femur proportions how would I look?

http://i.imgur.com/h6tleTf.jpg?1

Alittletooshort

Re: how will i look after LL
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 05:53:02 PM »

How tall are you? Whats your inseam and knee height? It all depends in the length of your segments.
Generally most people can get away with 5-6cm's without a noticable disproportion.

microman

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 06:29:32 PM »

i am 164cm
knee height is 48cm.

inseam 72cm (may not be very accurate)

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »

You gotta show us your torso and then someone can make a mock-up.

microman

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 07:09:26 PM »

I was just trying to see the difference between tibia and femur, my torso isn't really a factor, I believe.

I was hoping I had maybe a shorter than normal tibia, maybe this is not the case?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »

I think tibia lengthening would suit your tib/femur ratio better.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

microman

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »

Thanks, I am only planning to do one LL surgery in my life so I need to make sure I pick the correct bone segment.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 07:21:14 PM »

You should get them measured by x-rays only then you know about your ratio.

microman

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 09:31:41 AM »

i know this is not entirely on topic but what do you do to get an x-ray, wont the doctor ask you why you want an x-ray, what is it you would usually say in that situation, and do you know the general price of one in the UK.

Thanks

tx1111

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 10:20:09 AM »

I was initially gonna get xray done in US and send to my LL doc. I had found places were you can go and get xrays and you pay. I called them and they said 160$. I eventually said fk it and traveled to my LL doctor and had him do a complete evaluation.

When I was planning on going to get xrays in US, If they asked I was just not gonna tell them anythng. You are paying for it, no insurance or doctor referral so no explanation needs to be given. If they ask just tell them you dont feel like saying.

microman

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »

okay so do I go to a hospital or a doctors place for it, and should i ask them what cm's my tibs and femur are, or will the x ray just tell me.

just need to decide if its 5 or 6cm im going for, remember its only 1 surgery.

lumiere

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »

I think femours will look better

tx1111

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 02:48:44 PM »

REmember I ended up just going to the doctor I settled on for the xrays.

From what I remember, I googled places that did xrays and called them up and asked them if I can just pay for xrays, they said yeah.

microman

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 04:14:59 PM »

okay, do i ask for a measurement of my leg bones, or will the x-ray just say them on the picture.

microman

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 12:07:08 AM »

okay after having found out about the pain free LL i may be considering two LL surgeries, I was thinking 2x6cm, that would bring me to 176, 1cm above the male average.

anyway here is a full body shot, any advice would be very welcome.

http://i.imgur.com/DTsacc0.jpg

wingspan is 167 btw.

also 174 with 2x5cm may also be an option, normally i wouldn't consider 2 surgeries, but if my ratio looks better, and its pain free, i would do both at the same time, so while my tibs are consolidating my femurs can be lenghening, overall this would save about 4 months of time and extra flight trips in comparison to doing the surgeries at separate times.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:28:40 AM by microman »

microman

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 04:22:15 PM »

okay i tried finding out if i could get an x-ray, sadly i need to see my GP before i can be allowed to get an x-ray, in addition i need to do a bit of traveling to get an x-ray machine that can get the exact cms of each bone.

overall seems a waste of time really.

but i would like to know how i would look with 6cm on tibs, is there some special way to make a mockup in paint where you can judge the cms.

here is my attempt to add height on my tibs, to me it looks a little strange, maybe i added 10cm or something, i really don't know.

This is why I'm starting to wonder if 5cm would be better than 6cm given my proportions.

http://i.imgur.com/DvBf0lR.jpg?1

here is an attempt to add 5cm to both tibs and femur, to see if my problem rises in the tib/femur ratio more than it does the leg/arm ratio.

http://i.imgur.com/AZ2B81C.jpg?1

to me i seem a bit leggy, although i realize the true problem would lie in my wingspan, as two people can have the same torso yet be 6 0 or 5 0.

Blackhawk

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 06:18:52 PM »

The mock ups with tib and femur look fine.  I would probably do tibs first.  I am 167 with a knee height of close to 51 cms.  I will probably do tibs because mine are pretty short.  You should be able to add 6 cms and have no issues at all with proportions.

Moubgf

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 06:29:13 PM »

you look great
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:24:52 PM by Slim_tim »

microman

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »

what if i only do tibs, do i not seen overly leggy in the tibs to you.

microman

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 10:05:10 PM »

I think overall I would like to do 6cm on tibs, if i ever do femurs id do 5cm on them, as i feel i care less about the height at that point, that would actually put me at the male average for my region.

but i'd want the 6cm first, because the height really matters there in the first height surgery.

even then I'm not sure what the point in the second surgery would be, i could just wear 4cm lifts, not ideal but they're easy to walk in.

I realize I'm going round in circles here, sorry about that.

but i DO worry about having really long bottom legs assuming I only do 1 surgery, are you sure i would look okay with just that? it is in that case i think maybe i should only do 5cm, then later i can do another 5 and remain in proportion better in both cases.

microman

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 01:07:21 AM »

thanks Blackhawk

after much thought I will only be doing one height surgery of either 5 or 6cm, so I need to decide based on proportions which one I should go for.

apologies for previous posts I got carried away with the new nail which made me think i could do alot more with less pain.

so this is one surgery only, i am content with 169 as much as i am 170 so my priority is to not look too strange in the mirror for my tibia, i like to wear shorts a lot as well.

any advice on whether to choose 5 or 6cm would mean a lot to me, and any general advice on how to do a mockup will be great.

i will be seeing my gp soon, so i hope to get an x-ray, i guess if my ratio is close I will likely be doing 5cm instead.

Blackhawk

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 02:38:39 AM »

No problem.  I'm happy to help.

Let us know what your femur and tib measurements are when you get them.  I'm sure you can pull off 5cms on tibs pretty easily.  My tibs are 51cms and seem pretty short.  Yours would be 53 after 5 cms of lengthening; still a reasonable length at a height of 169.

The advice of veterans of LL is to not decide on a number prior to LL.  See how you look and feel at 5 cms, then decide if you can do 6, or more. 

microman

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 02:47:37 AM »

1 extra cm may not seem much but damn are my legs really short, when looking down on my legs and imagining 7cm added to my tibs i think that will look way too long.

But I will wait on the x-rays and let the numbers decide.

I know many people here are at 170 and getting LL, may say to not pay attention to proportions and even go for 7cm but I am happy to wear say a 4cm lift to bring me to 173/5' 8", which is 2cm below the male average, which i'm very happy with.

I know lots of guys 169 that wear a 1cm lift (you get 1cm from any formal wear shoes, and various boots like doc martin etc.), its a very common height, sadly i only know 1 other person my height, it's kind of rare and your always the shortest in the room, with LL i hope to become a more common height, but i realize people come here to go from 'a little short' to the male average which i respect, but to re-iterate im more interested in proportions over height and im only doing 1 LL and i wear shorts all the time when inside.

I guess that means femurs would be best as you wont see the scars easily? but I will need to look into that further, seems tibs is the most common option.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:23:13 AM by microman »

Ghostfish

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 03:24:36 AM »

Hi microman

Personally, I think longer femurs look better than tibs.  Unless you are planning on two surgeries, I think 6-7 cm femur will be great for you. After that, if you still feel like to add more height, you can do tibs.  That is my thought.

microman

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2015, 04:04:05 AM »

Might be right there, just did a few mock-ups, i think i only added on 4cm.

tibs
http://i.imgur.com/ink1xff.jpg?1

femur
http://i.imgur.com/vCqMAeH.jpg?1

Isn't femur a nightmare with externals, meaning it will be lon/latn only, i will only be doing the more budget options, also mitkovic's device allows for femur as well so that is also another option.

and yeah 7cm looks almost 25% of my tibia, i have really short legs.

and why are tibs much more popular anyway, is there some other advantage i should be aware of.

Blackhawk

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2015, 04:49:27 AM »

Internal femurs is the way to go if you have the money.  External femurs seems like it is a nightmare but there aren't many diaries for this method. Most people are on a budget and external tibs is the only option for most people.

microman

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2015, 05:25:32 AM »

ill see what the x-rays say, i guess mitkovic would be my only option if i wanted femurs.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 06:56:18 AM »

I though Mitkovic doesn't do internals anymore.  Do you think about external femur lengthening?

Samuimw

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2015, 07:45:31 AM »

I think you look much better with longer tibias.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2015, 08:19:16 AM »

Yes, It gives you the impression of being taller and slimer than you actually are. However, tibias take way longer to recover and you can't lengthen as as much as on the femurs. Another bonus of the femur lengthening is that it' much easier to hide simply by wearing your pants a little lower. Long tibias are pretty easy to spot imo.

microman

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »

I consolodate faster with femurs?

well that's pretty interesting, sadly i can't afford internal femurs.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up