Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My proportions are killing me  (Read 18939 times)

Bry

My proportions are killing me
« on: March 25, 2015, 03:11:10 AM »

I have a sitting height of 88cm at best
Inseam of 78cm
Height is 166,5cm
Wingspan 177cm

So I'm already naturally long legged and have a good wingspan... What is the max length I could do without looking really strange?

http://bodyvisualizer.com/male.html

That may help to have a better view... But I just don't know... I need opinions please.

Smallguy

Re: My proportions are killing me
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:21:51 AM »

The max is 3 inches. You already have long legs. 3 inches will put you at 34 inseams. You will look ridiculous if you pass 34 inseams.

Whether you should lengthen tibia or femur, it depends on which segment of yours is longer than the other.

Is proportion more important to you or final height?
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »

Hey Smallguy, I'm 179CM and have an 80-81CM inseam how much do you reckon I could do?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 09:34:35 AM »

I have almost the same inseam as you Smallguy  :o

NewHeights

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »

The max is 3 inches. You already have long legs. 3 inches will put you at 34 inseams. You will look ridiculous if you pass 34 inseams.

Whether you should lengthen tibia or femur, it depends on which segment of yours is longer than the other.

I know this is a stupid question, but I have to be 100% sure. Is inseam crotch to ankle or crotch to floor?
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

NewHeights

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 11:13:43 AM »

I'm getting a bit worried because I'm 5' 9" and have a 33" crotch to floor and 31" crotch to ankle
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

Bry

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 11:30:20 AM »

Really?
Damn, I wanted to have 12cm (4.7 in), 7(2.7 in) on tibias and 5(2 in) on fermur, so I would be 178cm (5'10) at least...  :(

That would make me have about 50% inseam/height ratio.
I wonder if it would be so noticeable if I had 35.4 in inseam...
Wingspan would look good also since it would be about the same as my total height.

NewHeights

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »

Sorry guys, again, I have to make sure I'm doing this right...

How is inseam measured exactly?

Is it pubis bone to floor (most conservative, and would give longest length) or is it bottom of balls to ankle?

KrP1

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »

Is it pubis bone to floor (most conservative, and would give longest length) or is it bottom of balls to ankle?

why you dont try with lifts to see how much you could lengthen before look weird?

NewHeights

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 01:51:22 PM »

why you dont try with lifts to see how much you could lengthen before look weird?

Cause I'm a proportion nazi and always look at numbers, but you are right, I should try lifts.

I found this cycling forum that discusses inseam/height ratio.

The last post makes sense to me. Using pubis bone to floor as inseam measurement, than a ratio of height/inseam, a ratio of 2 would be very long legs, and 2.2 would be very short legs. I am smack in the middle at 2.1, so not as bad as I thought. I actually always though my body was almost perfectly proportional "as is".

http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/279617-average-male-inseam-height-ratio.html

Alittletooshort

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 06:09:29 PM »

My ratio is 44,2% (crotch to floor) according to this method, seems a bit low. I'll remeasure it the next days. Do you put the ruler on the lowest part of your crotch right in between your legs?  :o
Height 178,5
Inseam79

NewHeights

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »

My ratio is 44,2% (crotch to floor) according to this method, seems a bit low. I'll remeasure it the next days. Do you put the ruler on the lowest part of your crotch right in between your legs?  :o
Height 178,5
Inseam79

I pushed the ruler against the pubic symphysis (or as close as I could get), and measured to the floor along my left leg

Bry

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »

I pushed the ruler against the pubic symphysis (or as close as I could get), and measured to the floor along my left leg

That's how I measured my inseam too, if I measured from crotch I would get around 75cm inseam. xD

Smallguy

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 11:58:04 PM »

While long legs do look aesthetic, you need long torso and wide shoulder to balance out your longer lower body proportion. The key is proportion. I think proportion is more aesthetic than final height. This is especially true for men than it is for women though I previously post that photo of the girl. Her height may be diminutive for American standard but her proportion trumps all.

While LL, I had the benefit of going to parties and comparing the length of different people's tibae. Some people are just not meant for tibia lengthening. They should have done femur lengthening or no LL at all. That's why I wish for the day where we can have torso lengthening. Then all the short people can lengthen themselves to 6'1 and still look amazing.

I guess if you are concerned about your proportion, then you probably have realized that your legs are a bit long for your height. That's why I ask whether final height is important for you or proportion. If you already have regular tibia length and you realized you are pushing to the edge of your proportion, then I recommend doing femur lengthening as you can hide long legs by wearing your pants low whereas long tibias will stick out at the knee and can't be hidden.

Long legs do look good. But you wouldn't want your crotch to be up to someone chest who is your same height. Moreover, long legs without long and wide upper body magnifies your shorter upper body which doesn't look too good. Imagine looking behind someone who has long legs but who has short back. If you find yourself exceeding your proportion, things you can do is to workout your upper body to develop a wide frame. This may help to compensate for the long lower body and overall proportion but it doesn't compensate for where the crotch is. It may compensate for frontal view but with back view, where your butt is up high and your back is visible, it doesn't look too good neither.

Some people have really long legs (Apo, Crazy 6, Tall from old forum ). They take great care in what they want to show you but I personally met Crazy 6 and he stood next to the helper who was also his height. I'm glad that he was happy with his finally height but I thought his legs are too long for his upper body.

Sitting height is incorrect because people with fatter butt automatically has higher sitting height but not necessarily longer torso.

One great diary to check out is my buddy Calic. He is no longer active on this forum. He lengthened 6.5 but thought that his legs were a bit long and perhaps 5.5cm would be more suitable. Check out his diary on here.

The model below is 6'1. But just imagine instead of having a 6'1 upper body frame, he has a 5'7 upper body with the legs of 6'1. It doesn't look too good though he may be thrilled by being at an acceptable height. Proportion vs. final height - which is more important for you.

About me, I'm 5'9 with 32" inseam. My legs were short before. I posted a video of my proportion on this forum a while ago as well as having opinion from guys who also done LL in person. We agreed that an 2" would be pushing the limit but acceptable. Moreover, it will balance out the ratio of my legs. 2" additional length on the femur on a 5'9 with 32" would be pushing the limit. But I mentioned before that I would be wearing Mephisto flat shoes once I come back and life is still good.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 12:03:29 AM »

Good post Smallguy, dare I ask that you show us another photo?

My legs can handle another 7CM but that's it for me, 8CM would be the absolute max.

Smallguy

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 12:15:41 AM »

Hey Smallguy, I'm 179CM and have an 80-81CM inseam how much do you reckon I could do?

Max 7cm. What is your tibae/femur ratio is like? If you have regular tibia, then femur would look good on you.

I have almost the same inseam as you Smallguy  :o

32"? 32" to the bottom of the floor. ;D

Correct. To the bottom of the floor.

Good idea.

I know this is a stupid question, but I have to be 100% sure. Is inseam crotch to ankle or crotch to floor?

I measure to the bottom which is 32".

Usually men pants are designed to cover the ankle which means they are measured to the bottom.... unless you have unique taste. I know that women sometime wear shorter pants to extenuate their long legs. But normally for me, a 32" inseam pants cover my ankle and the top of the back of my heels.

NewHeights

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 12:36:15 AM »

Max 7cm. What is your tibae/femur ratio is like? If you have regular tibia, then femur would look good on you.

32"? 32" to the bottom of the floor. ;D

Correct. To the bottom of the floor.

Good idea.

I measure to the bottom which is 32".

Usually men pants are designed to cover the ankle which means they are measured to the bottom.... unless you have unique taste. I know that women sometime wear shorter pants to extenuate their long legs. But normally for me, a 32" inseam pants cover my ankle and the top of the back of my heels.

You have to start at you pubic bone though. Shove a book up there like this

Smallguy

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 12:49:50 AM »

Good post Smallguy, dare I ask that you show us another photo?

My legs can handle another 7CM but that's it for me, 8CM would be the absolute max.

Sure, here is the female version.

As you can see, the male appears to have longer tibias relative to femur whereas the female appears to have longer femur relative to tibias. However, while the crutches are similar, the male has a much longer torso and broader shoulder compare to the female. That's why I say  female can get away with proportion up to a certain point.

Long legs without upper long body and wide frame will accentuate the short back (back-view) and torso (front-view). It will also makes the male looks effeminate which is the looks I'm not looking for.

Good point. I'll remeasure myself.

Uppland

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 12:54:28 AM »

Thanks but I meant a photo of your proportions, I never saw the last one you posted.

Smallguy

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 01:20:34 AM »

83cm which is almost 33"

Thanks but I meant a photo of your proportions, I never saw the last one you posted.

Sorry. Maybe you can ask description from other senior member (Sweden, Calic, Captain America, Crimsontide, Blackhawk, Kusop etc.)

There is some vindictive homo on this site like hadrian which I don't feel safe uploading. I don't want to get attacked for my booty while walking home at night.

NewHeights

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 01:44:07 AM »

83cm which is almost 33"

Sorry. Maybe you can ask description from other senior member (Sweden, Calic, Captain America, Crimsontide, Blackhawk, Kusop etc.)

There is some vindictive homo on this site like hadrian which I don't feel safe uploading. I don't want to get attacked for my booty while walking home at night.

What's your wingspan? If it's 178 CM, than we have the same exact height and proportions

Smallguy

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 02:22:16 AM »

What's your wingspan? If it's 178 CM, than we have the same exact height and proportions

172cm normal. 173cm pushing.

Well, my original plan was another 8cm. But I will be a bit more conservative and proportion conscious so I'm shrinking the length down to 5-6cm. Beside from the comments which I receive from LL patients who I meet in person and from hours of analyzing photo, here are some of the comments I receive from members on this forum when I originally plan on doing another 8cm.

My proportion is normal now but 5-6cm is pushing it.

For guys who can't lengthen much, don't feel too bad though. The joy from LL is not so much from reaching a desired height (6'2 or 6'4) as much as the change in perspective.

thank you for the video.

I will be honest:
-frontal view standing looks bad because of the x-legs
-sideview walking and standing looks completely normal
-sideview running looks strange, but its obvious u're cautious and holding back. so we'll see when u have recovered.

when it comes to proportion, i actually think couple of inches on femur would do you wonders.

Kusop is a blunt guy but I trust his opinion.

It looks like you will be able to lengthen another 3 inches on your femurs and look fine.

Did you mean to type 89 for your sitting height?

I completely trust Blackhawk's opinion, the most successful member on this forum

Hi Smallguy, you look great with your proportion.

I think you should reconsider doing another 8cm and go for more conservative LL on your femur, as you might be near your optimum proportion already.

Thanks.

Okay. Maybe not 8cm but 5-6cm will do.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:49:37 AM by Smallguy »

Uppland

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 07:56:33 AM »

If I really press against the bone my inseam is 83CM otherwise it's 81, which number is correct?

NewHeights

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 12:22:33 PM »

If I really press against the bone my inseam is 83CM otherwise it's 81, which number is correct?

Probably closer to 83. You want the book to be pressed comfortably tight

Uppland

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 01:22:27 PM »

Yeah my legs are longer than I thought, 7CM is the absolute most I would do.

YellowSpike

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 01:53:20 PM »

Yeah my proportions are somewhat limiting to me if I ever chose to do tibias. My sitting height is a bit higher than ShyShy (I think I'm like 89 or 89.5cm sitting height), and his proportions look great (and he was even taller than me). I think what makes my legs look longer in clothes is that, since I have biggish hips, my pants tend to "rise up" on me.

If I ever did tibias, I wouldn't do more than like 4cm. I'll have to see how I feel after I've recovered, hopefully I won't feel the need to do them.

Uppland

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »

My proportions are pretty bad, thay can handle 7 to max 8CM before they start looking noticeably off in 3CM shoes.

If I do 7CM I might consider arm lengthening after, maybe even check out that clavicle lengthening procedure in due time.

Bry

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 12:52:32 AM »

You know... I don't think proportions are that important, unless you have something very small compared to your body, like arms or hands...

If you have long legs, you should have at least long arms, otherwise you would looks like a T-Rex.

To be honest, I don't think a few inches off from a good proportion will kill your body, I decided I don't care much for my proportions and will do my original 12cm and be 178cm, being long legged sounds more like a perk than a flaw to me anyway, and you can only have long legs if compared to a torso, so yeah... I prefer long legs and short torso than short legs and short torso xD

Alittletooshort

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 01:38:39 AM »

You know... I don't think proportions are that important, unless you have something very small compared to your body, like arms or hands...

If you have long legs, you should have at least long arms, otherwise you would looks like a T-Rex.

To be honest, I don't think a few inches off from a good proportion will kill your body, I decided I don't care much for my proportions and will do my original 12cm and be 178cm, being long legged sounds more like a perk than a flaw to me anyway, and you can only have long legs if compared to a torso, so yeah... I prefer long legs and short torso than short legs and short torso xD
Keep in mind that doing 12cm's will not only harm your proportions but also your bio mechanics.
There are some people who really think that they will go back to 100% after 10cm's. Maybe it is possible, I just haven't heard of anyone were this was the case.
Doing 12cm will most likely result in a heavy and irretrievable loss in leg function, just keep that in mind when planning your surgeries.
I have no real life experience with this though so I only repeat what I've heard from my Dr. and local orthopeadic.
Wish you all the best!

Bry

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 03:24:30 AM »

Keep in mind that doing 12cm's will not only harm your proportions but also your bio mechanics.
There are some people who really think that they will go back to 100% after 10cm's. Maybe it is possible, I just haven't heard of anyone were this was the case.
Doing 12cm will most likely result in a heavy and irretrievable loss in leg function, just keep that in mind when planning your surgeries.
I have no real life experience with this though so I only repeat what I've heard from my Dr. and local orthopeadic.
Wish you all the best!

Wait, but you mean more than 10cm in only one segment or the whole leg? Because I was planning on sharing that length between fermur and tibia.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 08:42:14 AM »

Wait, but you mean more than 10cm in only one segment or the whole leg? Because I was planning on sharing that length between fermur and tibia.
I mean 10 cm's in total, it's better to spread it out on something like 5\5 though.
The reason I am saying this is that the people I have talked to about this surgery told me that less is always better. I'll E-Mail my Dr. and ask him for the specific reasons why he doesn't like lengthening many cm's.
I don't want to stop you from anything, but If you really want to do that much, my advice would be to go to Dr. Guichet and do 7-8cm's on your femurs and then think about a second surgery.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up