Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is limb lengthening important if I am 5'9  (Read 1753 times)

@Smithboy123

• Visitor
Is limb lengthening important if I am 5'9
« on: December 31, 2022, 01:40:50 AM »

Hello I am 20 year old male from the UK who is 175.5 cm In hieght. And I'm wondering if I should do limb lengthening my goal would be 5'11 or 6ft.

However wondering if its worth it and if 5'9 is a good hieght

I suffer from high functionion autism and OCD and had body image issues in the past

I'm not sure if I have self esteem issues or actually want to go through with it

Kanye Western

Re: Is limb lengthening important if I am 5'9
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 02:05:47 AM »

Hi, personally I don't think you need to do this surgery. How will it actually benefit you gaining 2" in height?

You should focus on yourself, improve your daily life. If I was 5'9 I would never consider doing this.

@Smithboy123

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 02:15:10 AM »

Personally I'm not interested in girls or dating that much

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 02:54:20 AM »

I wouldnt get this surgery in a million years if I was 5'9...the exact average height for your country.  Im getting this surgery next week, do you know how much of a pain in the ass this is going to be and how absurd this whole thing is?  Take the good cards you were dealt and run with it.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

1team

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 03:20:34 AM »

It's really interesting the number of autistic people who are interested or have gotten LL. Wonder why that is?

Unknown

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 03:40:50 AM »

Bunch of clowns thinking about such a painful procedure when they are at average or above average height. You think this surgery is a joke? I wouldnt even consider it i was 170, much less 175.

albert

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 05:22:46 PM »

I did LON femur from 170 to 175 and i’m looking to do the 2nd one once i’m fully recovered. i seen people on this forum looking for LL at 180 or even more. Honestly i still find myself short , sad

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 05:42:11 PM »

Personally I'm not interested in girls or dating that much
Then no, other than girls getting taller than 5.9 won't help you anywhere else.

albert

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 06:19:25 PM »

Then no, other than girls getting taller than 5.9 won't help you anywhere else.

Facts

Limbfan2020

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 06:37:21 PM »

Hello I am 20 year old male from the UK who is 175.5 cm In hieght. And I'm wondering if I should do limb lengthening my goal would be 5'11 or 6ft.

However wondering if its worth it and if 5'9 is a good hieght

I suffer from high functionion autism and OCD and had body image issues in the past

I'm not sure if I have self esteem issues or actually want to go through with it

Limb lengthening would help you to implement your unique ideas, which are constantly brewing and maturing inside your head, in the society! Take Elon Musk as an example: He's 6' 2'' and has high functional autism/asperger. I think, you'll face more resistance by translating your ideas to society when you are just average in height.

Nothing speaks against ll in your case!

Confidence

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 09:24:42 PM »

Since you're doing it for your own wellbeing/self-confidence then I would say go for it if you have the means.  You have to understand that height neurosis is a psychological problem and there's very well the possibility of you having to deal with these self-esteem issues for the rest of your life.  This is why you see plenty of guys who are already married with hot wives still going through with the surgery. 

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 09:42:44 PM »

Leg lengthening is not good for your health or finances.  Don't do it unless you're absolutely miserable because of your height.

HeightGain

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 09:44:48 PM »

175 is short for the UK. I would sort out you pay psychological issues first otherwise no reputable doctor will operate on you

Siegfried

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 10:54:30 PM »

no, height is the least of your problems

5.9 is perfectly fine, in 99% of countries, including the UK. 
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

overandover

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2023, 05:44:00 AM »

175 is short for the UK. I would sort out you pay psychological issues first otherwise no reputable doctor will operate on you

I see a lot of 175cm dudes doing just fine in the UK like having good money, a girlfriend, etc. so shouldn't be a problem unless you live in northern Europe.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 06:33:32 PM »

I think he meant not short, judging by the context of everything else in that post.l

oklama

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2023, 01:24:47 AM »

not really but if you want it more than anything go for it... but really if your asking the question "Should I?" and your question is whether it will benefit you rather then will it kill or cripple you, then you probably dont need it
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

Marconi

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2023, 10:38:12 PM »

I would say go for it if you can do it financially without ruining your material well-being.
Do 3" and be happy.
Otherwise it will follow you whole your life.
But, it is not the most important thing to do to be happy.
There are many variables.

Unknown

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2023, 07:35:52 AM »

LL is going to do nth for u at an avg or above avg height, especially if you dont care about dating.

oklama

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2023, 09:46:11 PM »

LL is going to do nth for u at an avg or above avg height, especially if you dont care about dating.

thats factually untrue but it is diminishing returns, I doubt if someones above 5'8 its really worth it to do this surgery unless maybe if they live in Northern Europe
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

Unknown

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2023, 01:41:49 AM »

thats factually untrue but it is diminishing returns, I doubt if someones above 5'8 its really worth it to do this surgery unless maybe if they live in Northern Europe
Its true,5'10 to 6 ft is hardly gonna matter that much, especially if the person doesnt care about dating. It might increase ur dating pool for people who have serious height preference, but outside of it, like work and social life, it aint doing much.

Quintet

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2023, 09:23:52 AM »

I also gotta tell you off doing this surgery because you are already 175cm. This is a ok height unless you are in the Nordic and Germany. For the rest parts of Europe it is pretty okay. If you did this surgery only to grow beyond 5'9, and not for toxic girls who only want 6' guys, you will definitely regret it. This surgery is very brutal, physically and financially.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2023, 01:44:23 PM »

In Athens we do know one guy who started at 5'9 and became 6'1 using 4 precise nails

He appears to be happy with the result even though he initially wanted to become 6'2. Paley (I know that Paley is all the way in Florida but I'm just using his youtube advice for reference) might be right that it might be safest for quadrilateral to stick to 4cm/4cm or 5/5 and then rebreak if you want more, but this particular patient was flexible and I think he accomodated the 11 cm (in one shot with 4 nails) gain pretty well all things considered. Takes considerable work/stretching obviously though and might not be a great idea for everyone

In Athens I also believe there are two guys here who are about 5'8 and are on course to become about 5'11

We all meet up at physical therapy a few times each week, they did/do look very tall standing next to us

We have told them a few times "man you didn't look short at all at 5'8 or 5'9" or other statements implying they really don't need this

Dr. Paley talked about this feeling once in a youtube video --where he also got that same feeling seeing 5'8+ patients. But now Paley will lengthen them anyway because he said that they have the same height neurosis problems/similar psychological profile as 5'7 and shorter guys. And a naturally 5'11 patient Dr. Paley talked about years ago that he told to get lost/go back to Europe-- but now Dr. Paley said he would lengthen him today if asked. 

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 02:10:37 PM by SpeedDialer »

10cm Tibia

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2023, 10:52:03 AM »

I think you should. There are people who have surgery and are happy even though they are taller than you.

Sambollio

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2023, 09:13:07 PM »

I think a good rule of thumb is LL is worth it if you’re height is having a daily negative impact on your life. This can present as lowering self esteem, constantly thinking about it, being treated worse by others, depression, etc. I’d suggest to everyone to first address mental health before deciding, if regular therapy isn’t helping then continue forward with LL. For me therapy helped me with anxiety and depression but I still am being substantially negatively impacted by my height. After that look into your finances, how dedicated you are towards recovery amd your knowledge on risks of the surgery.

Now to address what others are telling you. A lot of peoples goals here are your starting height. If you are 5’8” or above many other users on here will say to not get this surgery because your height is already “fine”. Disregard that  , there are so many reasons to get this surgery and people have a wide variety of backgrounds. It’s just jealousy or anger that they are going through this surgery to get to your height. It also may be that if they are 5’6 or so, they think everything would be better with 3 more inches, which may be true, but you wanting this surgery challenges that idea.

The nice thing about LLing at your height is that you are able to get to the “magic” height range, where just because of being 6ft+ you get benefits. People treat you better, look at you with more respect, women (even though you aren’t interested) are more interested, etc. There is a huge list of benefits that shorter people on here will try to downplay. I’m not trying to oversell it, it is a huge decision, but a lot of these answers are not being honest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up