Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Young people are really taller ?  (Read 9471 times)

Knik

Young people are really taller ?
« on: March 07, 2016, 08:11:47 AM »

I constantly hear that young people are very tall
but with my 18 years (may be I am too old) it is not my point of view
I just feel that young people are lying about their height but the 70's 80's generation remains the largest (for men not for women)
but like you, I am always amazed at the height that I see when I read the newspaper or social networks
on twitter everyone (even the Chinese) is 1m90

https://twitter.com/infos140/status/706135431306473472?lang=fr
 watch this inquiry notice: they are Arabs (or Berber) - Algerian average is 1m72 for men so maybe 165 cm for women - 15 years girls and they are 1m76
but I never or rarely see this kind of people except Internet
I read even by some here that the average height is 185cm, in this case I do not want to live where you are (I'm in France to the north so more German-Celtic tradition that Latin)

people lie, I do not know if it's because they are complexed but on internet there is a lot of subjet, video, site about height (but ll remains unpopular even if i read a lot about this and many model girls of 170 are interested) and many site about celebrities height are significative
people are more interested by height than weight, even if in the first case we cant change it (except with LL)
but it's always fun to see these recurring topics on the height, see the number of stars with wedge shoes (John Wayne, Robert Downey Jr, maybe Tom Hardy)
for example my cousin girl of 13 years claims to 1m70 but I would put more than 5 cm (can be 10 cm) my cousin claims to 1m77 but I go over with my shoes (but dont care about this)
i know a 168 cm guys, many girls have his height and sometimes 10 cm more but i rarely see a guy put him one head (so 188) when i was on hight school, there was a tall guy anyone thinks he was 195 cm but he is 189-90 (he became model)
i know my experience is no scientific and just a point of view influenced by my height neurosis

about the average : the 184 cm in Netherlands take into consideration older people
http://www.noelshack.com/2013-05-1359330609-13593259021312.png : average male height in Europe
i noticed that Spanish guys are taller than French, but for my experieence (always) they are short
i see mugshots of Nazi prisonners during Nuremberg trials and they are tall, in photo with American,british soldiers they seems 190 cm but they are 179 - like Karl Donitz (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/The_Second_World_War_1939_-_1945-_Germany-_Personalities_BU6711.jpg / 184 cm Albert Speer behind, the guy with no hat) and Joachim von Ribbentrop  - so German was tall during the 40's (Louis XVI who was 176 cm was described as tall / even for 174 cm Leonardo da Vinci (internet say he's 194 lol)

before modeling agencies accept girls 1m65, 1m75 minimum now and yet it is not enough and they lie in adding centimeters (like Elite model) but i think is to restrict applications
there are still medium-height mannequins look Cara Delevingne is impossible that exceeds 1.73 unless big
other interesting facts : http://static.vibe.com/files/article_images/vibe-chief-keef-arrested_2.png 170 here and 183 for google
and all of these are not a proof

do you really think that young people are taller ? i thinks the average for young people is 175-78 but on internet they say this average is lowed by old people because they are more 5'11 / 6' (i read this here too)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:54:38 AM by theophilo »
Looking for Pili

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Young people are really taller ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:22:48 AM »

I think these days kids are growing to their full height potential faster, not getting taller. Probably has to do with the hormones in the food.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Nightwish

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 09:26:22 AM »

Younger generations are slightly taller for sure, at the same time that amount is vastly exaggerated. I would never really believe someone's height on the internet, whether it be famous people or dating site bios.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Knik

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 09:32:18 AM »

I think these days kids are growing to their full height potential faster, not getting taller. Probably has to do with the hormones in the food.

i think too I think it's a matter of fulfillment
the rich are happy, well fed and hungry while playing sports
all it takes to grow
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 09:36:08 AM »

me too Nightwish
according to internet, my 188 cm uncle is a dwarf (even if he's taller than 99 %)
but all generation after second world war are tall because the new way of life and american food
it's fun because about male height i see many dating site and one day i go to a transsexual site (just to see, no subscription)
transsexual (male to female) people have a male height, but they was really shorter than men on the site (maybe 165-170 average for trannies - but a lot of asiats- and 180-185 for men)

or a see people I know on site who exagerrate her height

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:01:50 AM by theophilo »
Looking for Pili

ppatient

• banned - clone account
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »

Young people are usually taller, but boys more than girls, and not all of them

Knik

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 06:47:59 PM »

Young people are usually taller, but boys more than girls, and not all of them

maybe but not a lot
Looking for Pili

axelf

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 07:50:31 PM »

young people are significantly taller than the generation before. I have seen it in countless countries in Europe now. there is just no way to doubt that.

Knik

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »

young people are significantly taller than the generation before. I have seen it in countless countries in Europe now. there is just no way to doubt that.

you say that without any arguments
the 70's 80's have the same height average
see American actors during 50's, they was tall

lol i see your comment "but what I can report is that my estimation is that the average height will dramatically increase within the next  years (among young people). It's not uncommon at all that I see 14 year old male teenagers above 180cm. And usually a lot of the young girls at let's say 16-18 (within the legal limitations  ;D ) are around my height ( ~178cm)."
we know why you arent anthropologist. How old are you ?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:51:59 PM by theophilo »
Looking for Pili

endomorphisme

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 01:07:44 PM »

yes they are, i'am 182-183 cm and i often feel short, i think the average height is around 180 cm for young men.

axelf

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »

please read my post again. it is an observation that me and a lot of friends of mine (who are for example aware of height in general because of their job, for example professional coaches for sport teams) share. it goes from short guys (let's say 170cm) saying nowadays even teenagers are taller than them to tall guys (190cm) saying they for example are not as tall at a party with a crowd that is let's say 25-40 as on a party where quite young people are (18-25).

I have also talked about that phenomenon to an orthopedic doctor as well as two european LL doctors. all three of them shared my view and none of them was trying to talk me into anything.

I have visited a couple of schools lately. People are just taller than when I finished school.

the same applies to girls as well. I am in my twenties by the way.

It's hard to accept that although one might undergo this surgery younger generations get taller. that shouldn't prevent people from recognizing reality though.

endomorphisme

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 05:51:12 PM »

you say that without any arguments
the 70's 80's have the same height average
see American actors during 50's, they was tall

lol i see your comment "but what I can report is that my estimation is that the average height will dramatically increase within the next  years (among young people). It's not uncommon at all that I see 14 year old male teenagers above 180cm. And usually a lot of the young girls at let's say 16-18 (within the legal limitations  ;D ) are around my height ( ~178cm)."
we know why you arent anthropologist. How old are you ?

we both live in France, you should know that our generation is taller than our parents'
However, i don't thing there is a difference between 18 years old boys and 25 years old men.

Knik

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 06:16:15 PM »

we both live in France, you should know that our generation is taller than our parents'
However, i don't thing there is a difference between 18 years old boys and 25 years old men.

how old are you ?
70's generation is tall, there is many guy of 185 cm or more
and i see rarely people who are more than 185 cm on my generation
maybe young are slightly  taller but i just found our average exagerated
and generally they are short older who say that young people are tall
what is the young average for you ?
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 06:21:35 PM »

yes they are, i'am 182-183 cm and i often feel short, i think the average height is around 180 cm for young men.

lol its just your oversized ego
Looking for Pili

endomorphisme

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »

how old are you ?
70's generation is tall, there is many guy of 185 cm or more
and i see rarely people who are more than 185 cm on my generation
maybe young are slightly  taller but i just found our average exagerated
and generally they are short older who say that young people are tall
what is the young average for you ?

the average height is somewhere between 177 cm and 180  cm
but i feel it's more 180  than 177 cm

texasbruce

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 07:15:30 PM »

lol its just your oversized ego

Maybe undersized ego actually that needs height to compensate

Alittletooshort

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 08:39:07 PM »

The average height for young french males can't be 180, if the overall average is "only" 175. The young generartion is probabaly 2cm's taller than the overall average. Young people are taller, thats a fact, but by not more than 2-3cm's.

Nightwish

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 11:05:10 PM »

Looking at average heights for the UK the difference before shrinkage from age could set in is fairly negligible, less than 1cm.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Peaceout

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 11:55:32 PM »

yes they are, i'am 182-183 cm and i often feel short,
There is not much to say for this.
You have to be a really really insecure guy to think that.
Actually even considering this surgery at 183 can tell about your lack of confidence

aspirant185

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 12:25:01 AM »

There is not much to say for this.
You have to be a really really insecure guy to think that.
Actually even considering this surgery at 183 can tell about your lack of confidence

Not in all cases. Professional models tend to be around 190 and long legs are not a problem.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 08:27:08 AM »

Lol, you are doing this at 1m82?? Thats crazy dude. And no way is French people that tall. I ve been to Europe for 1 month. French are definitely shorter than British, German, let alone Dutch, Danish.... I found many young guys at my same height -1m72- on the street. I would say French, Spanish, Greeks and Italians are the shortest in Europe. The average for young male is probably 1m76.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 08:42:13 PM »

There is very much a way to doubt that. There have been several posters on this forum that have - backed up with real facts - shown that in industrial nations, the average height is not getting much higher than it is already.

See:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1862.msg29608#msg29608
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1199.msg21864#msg21864
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 08:58:31 PM »

I dont believe that the younger generation is getting taller. What I do believe is that due to lower rates of malnutrition there are less "very short" folks... Therefore, the average height is going up. Going in the streets it's not rare to see 50 years old people that are 177-180. Only now, that there are less 160 and below guys, the average is going up
I learned some stuff during this time

aspirant185

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 09:08:31 PM »

Nutrition hasnt been a problem for the Western European / USA /CAnada countries since the industrial revolution. At least not to the extent to which to impact the average height.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 09:12:16 PM »

Nutrition hasnt been a problem for the Western European / USA /CAnada countries since the industrial revolution. At least not to the extent to which to impact the average height.

That is simply not true. During WWII almost half if not more of US's conspripts were underweight. 
 Lack of nutrition really started to dissapear during the last 50 years or so.
I learned some stuff during this time
Pages: [1]   Go Up