Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full weight bearing during lenghtening  (Read 4970 times)

Metaller

• Visitor
Full weight bearing during lenghtening
« on: October 05, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »

Hello guys,

This might sound like a stupid question. LL meaning you break your bones in two and all of that,

But will it in the future maybe be a way to do LL  where you actually can be full weight bearing, and with that I mean not walking on crutches - but walking totally normal. not necessary doing sports and so on, but be possible to just walk like a normal person.

Not have to be away from work for months, and be walking like a criple for a longer time.

Regards metaller.

Wannabegiant

Re: Full weight bearing during lenghtening
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »

That might be possible in the future, but even so it most likely wont be available for 30 years minimum, and probably be much more expensive than the current methods.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 01:58:46 PM »

Illizavor and g-nail are fully weight bearing, but with 2 broken bones and soft tissues stretched by 15% I doubt one can walk normal ;)
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

Metaller

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 02:38:22 PM »

Hehe, yeah I kinda understand that, Greek.

Which is why I am wondering about a technic where you can actually atleast walk normal. A way to steady your legs or something, even tho your bones are broke.

I think it was on this forum, or another one I read about a girl who had cancer or someting, and was having her legs under a machine for a time, this helped her legs grow, and she could walk perfectly going to school etc. while doing this.

I am pretty sure alot more people would do CLL if you dident have to put your life on pause for so long time.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 06:43:19 PM »

Hehe, yeah I kinda understand that, Greek.

Which is why I am wondering about a technic where you can actually atleast walk normal. A way to steady your legs or something, even tho your bones are broke.

I think it was on this forum, or another one I read about a girl who had cancer or someting, and was having her legs under a machine for a time, this helped her legs grow, and she could walk perfectly going to school etc. while doing this.

I am pretty sure alot more people would do CLL if you dident have to put your life on pause for so long time.
with internal methods I be heard you can work from home after 2 weeks but it really fluctuates among patients. So sedentary work may be possible.

Metaller

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:24:59 PM »

For people with this kind of jobs (possibility to work at home), I guess you are right. But most people dont have the option to work at home. Atleast not for such long time(many months) And even if you could, you would have to tell your boss and colleagues why you would be working at home for the next 6-8 months.

And even so, many people dont want to show they have done CLL to their community. that's why I am asking about a methode in the future where you can walk normal, or atleast close to normal after the operation.

Internal nail so strong you could walk close to normal - would it ever be possible? some way to steady your bone during the lengthening, or atleast the periode after the lengthening? Be back to walking normal after 2 months if you lenghten 2 inches.

Would make the dream of becoming taller for so many more people possible.

I havent found back to this case/story with the girl who used this maching, but it amazed me that she could go back to school the same day she was using the maching to grow bone.

Regards Metaller.

Overdozer

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »

Get small external frames on your tibia, which you can conceal
Get some tramadol, oxycodone, vicodin or/and NSAIDS for painkilling
???
You can now walk close to normal without crutches!

Oh and, Shyshy, who lengthened 7.5cm with g-nail claims he was walking unaided right after finishing disctraction phase after 75 days.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

ReadRothbard

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 04:46:12 AM »

I highly doubt it will be that long. Just look at the advances made in internals technology in the last 20 years or so. Hell, with a new precice coming out basically every two years or so, I wouldn't be suprised if we see a fully weight-bearing nail that allows for the natural movement and gait of walking.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 09:36:25 AM »

They problem is the tissues...you need at least 4 months out of work anyway, or option to work from home, sadly there are no other options. Or you can go to work with wheelchair and say the truth..Or crunches

ReadRothbard

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 02:23:54 PM »

I would just say that I got in a car accident and that they had to do leg lengthening as a result. I doubt they'd question it.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Metaller

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »

Would it be impossible to make the tissue adapt to your body sooner in some way, and not needing soo long time to get healed/adapt to the longer limbs? A way to already have the tissue "ready to go" when you are done lengthening. And when you are done lengthening after a while (depending on how many inches you go for, ofc), you would have a nail so strong and something to steady your legs - so it would be possible to walk OK.

Sorry for nagging about this :) Just curious if there in the theory could be possible some day.

After doing some reasearch at my work, I found out it would be veeeery difficult for me to get away with beeing away from work for more than 2-3 months.

Regards Metaller

Metaller

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »

ReadRothbard,

Then I would have to lie to my doctor and so on also. Could be risky and not something I would do with a good heart. But it could maybe be possible.

And maybe someone at work would find it strange that I came to work 2" taller after the car accident :)

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 05:51:21 PM »

You wouldn't lie to your doctor--just everyone else. I would just tell people that a side-effect of reconstructive surgery after an accident was height gain.

Future space tycoon

Metaller

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »

But for beeing away from my work for such a long time, I would need a reason, and some papers from my doc.

Guess I will just lengthen when I have more money and can quit my job, and find a new one. Would rather not say the car crash story. I doubt anyone would belive getting 2" taller doing a car crash. Sounds weird. But thank you for your advice tho, Think I would just hope noone notice. 2" is not that much :P using the lowest shoes I have.

So then I will be saving money the next year(s) and hoping for a new and better(faster) methode at the same time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up