Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst LL stories you know of?  (Read 4222 times)

Del

Worst LL stories you know of?
« on: July 07, 2015, 06:37:58 PM »

Let's read the worst LL stories you've read on this forum, or anold forum or know in real life. I've heard Dr. Sarin and Dr. Betz have been pretty shady.

PS: What are your opinions on Dr. Mangal Parihar? Ignore this if you don't know about him.
Considering LL in 2016. Will have a detailed diary at the time.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
Re: Worst LL stories you know of?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 07:03:01 PM »

Sarin left a lot of people with x-legs and other problems that needed surgical intervention to be fixed. Former patients of his have gone to other doctors in India to get patched up and even resorted to spending the dough to get fixed by Dr Paley. Sarin is now infamous among leg lengthening doctors when previously he was unknown.

There was one guy who got operated on by a fake leg lengthening doctor and was left with huge issues, so he went to Sarin to get height and correction and was messed up by him too. He posted his x rays on the forum and another doctor who usually doesn't give medical advice to people on forums was shocked as can be and said he needed medical intervention right away to fix the damage.

I don't know much about the issues with Betz. His affiliation with the webmaster of the old forum got people suspicious but I don't think I've heard of any Sarin-like horror stories with him. He was involved in the invention of the Fitbone and made a nail similar to Guichet so I can't imagine he'd be all bad. Some of his patients seem to like him a lot.

Won't comment on Parihar since I don't know about him all that much aside from a surgery video he did that was posted on here.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

Del

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 07:27:44 PM »

Sarin left a lot of people with x-legs and other problems that needed surgical intervention to be fixed. Former patients of his have gone to other doctors in India to get patched up and even resorted to spending the dough to get fixed by Dr Paley. Sarin is now infamous among leg lengthening doctors when previously he was unknown.

There was one guy who got operated on by a fake leg lengthening doctor and was left with huge issues, so he went to Sarin to get height and correction and was messed up by him too. He posted his x rays on the forum and another doctor who usually doesn't give medical advice to people on forums was shocked as can be and said he needed medical intervention right away to fix the damage.

This makes me cringe. How do people let anyone operate on them without extensive research?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:21:51 PM »

This makes me cringe. How do people let anyone operate on them without extensive research?

People were drawn to Sarin because he was a very inexpensive option. "You get what you pay for" definitely applies in Sarin's case. Here's the particular instance Sean Connery was talking about.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=25.msg7287#msg7287

Notice Dr Birkholtz's respones to the x-ray on this post:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=25.msg7320#msg7320
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Del

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 10:41:29 PM »

People were drawn to Sarin because he was a very inexpensive option. "You get what you pay for" definitely applies in Sarin's case. Here's the particular instance Sean Connery was talking about.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=25.msg7287#msg7287

Notice Dr Birkholtz's respones to the x-ray on this post:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=25.msg7320#msg7320

What do you think of people discarding India because of Sarin?
From everything I've seen, Parihar seems great. Shah has mixed reviews.

sadboy

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »

The worst story I heard is this woman in my country who wanted to be taller and a fake LL doctor offered to do the surgery to her. She stayed paralysed... :(

Del

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 11:05:52 PM »

The worst story I heard is this woman in my country who wanted to be taller and a fake LL doctor offered to do the surgery to her. She stayed paralysed... :(

That sucks. Did the fake doctor get any action taken against him?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 11:34:59 PM »

What do you think of people discarding India because of Sarin?
From everything I've seen, Parihar seems great. Shah has mixed reviews.

Well multiple doctors located in India have had poor patient results and reviews. Some of the doctors people have chosen to go to have either not had real Ilizarov training or have had the proper qualifications but were unethical/uninterested with patient aftercare.

Sarin's a freelancer who's not technically employed by the hospital he does his surgeries in. Messed up a ton of people.
Sringari's a joint replacement surgeon who's offering limb lengthening for some reason. Some patients have reported bad results.
Raheja lengthened tibias and femurs with monorails at the same time at patient request. Good doctors would never agree to do so even at a prospective patient's demand.
Shah has the technical training but his dealings with Crimsontide makes it seem like he has a lack of ethics - advising removal of cast too early and then charging to fix the correction even though his advice is what caused the issue.
Chaudhary was Dr Paley's first fellow and has been doing leg lengthening longer than anyone else in India, but patient aftercare is non-existent. Plus, he had a poor review where the patient said he cut his achilles tendons during surgery without informing him beforehand that that's what he was going to do: http://www.shortsupport.org/Health/Leg-Lengthening/joshua.html

Dr Dhawan seems like a good choice, though. Phoenix seems to be doing well with him, but it's too early to tell so far.

I had a great experience with Dr Parihar and he has a good reputation internationally.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

sadboy

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 12:21:33 AM »

That sucks. Did the fake doctor get any action taken against him?

I really don't know what happened it was many years ago. My parents told me beause I mentioned to them that I want to do a surgery to become taller. And the story was true, I searched here and there. But honestly, I feel very sorry for that woman. I think the doctor wasn't charged anything since she signed a paper idk.

Del

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 08:11:41 PM »

I really don't know what happened it was many years ago. My parents told me beause I mentioned to them that I want to do a surgery to become taller. And the story was true, I searched here and there. But honestly, I feel very sorry for that woman. I think the doctor wasn't charged anything since she signed a paper idk.

Is euthanasia legally provided if you're crippled? There's no way I'd want to continue living like that. Albeit a paralysed person probably can't talk...
Pages: [1]   Go Up