Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Statistics about problems with Stryde Nail&general statistics about complication  (Read 704 times)

Chad1989

• Visitor

Hi guys,

does anyone have official and reliable statistics how often major problems occur with the Stryde Nail and the limb lenghtening in general?
After having read a bit here in the forum and having talked to some patients it seems like it´s really a very risky operation (maybe I am biased), but what would you say is the percentage of patients who lenghten 6cm in the femur and are able to walk normally after 3-4 months? And won´t have any long term effects?

Thanks for your help guys :)

mslunhil

• Visitor

Bumping this because I’m wondering the same.

exceeding2meters

Afaik there are only a couple studies from Elbatrawy and Paley on limb lengthening, and according to them patients are generally happy even if they had complications. But both of these doctors do CLL so could be biased studies.

I think best option is to find an orthopedic who doesn't do CLL, meet him irl and discuss, probably they also use Stryde nails. Then there are studies on non cosmetic LL, but idk if they can be generalised to our case.

I think Lee claimed 0% complications on his interviews with Victor, but I need to double check that
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

precice strider

10:14

"We do so many nails at our center. Other centers say, "We're not seeing these problems". But they were doing a tenth of our volume. You actually needed to increase the volume to a point that you did this enough that you ended up with uncommon complications occuring."

Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/
Pages: [1]   Go Up