Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Torso or Spine Lengthening. When will it be possible? Current research into this  (Read 3589 times)

spinallengthening

• Visitor

I'm ~5"7, but have really long legs, so limb lengthening is out of the question (I already have a feminine figure for a guy and if I lengthen my legs I will look even more ridiculous). So I can really only lengthen my torso. My understanding is that torso or spine lengthening is not yet feasible, but eventually technology will probably allow it. What research is being done into this? And when do you think torso lengthening or spine lengthening is possible? I'm surprised there has not yet been more talk about torso lengthening, since it would have a lot of demand.

TrueSpartan

You have to be a next level idiot to consider an elective surgery on your spine.

doomsday

You have to be a next level idiot to consider an elective surgery on your spine.
exactly

Chris

It is very much possible. You can replace your spinal discs with artificial thicker ones. They come in three different sizes.
In Europe, the price is approx. 5.500 EUR per disc plus the surgery. In the US, the very same discs are like four times the price iirc.

Haha, I considered it once  :P 
I even wanted to take the discs and do it at the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre  ;D ;D ;D
Guess they would have crippled me completely.

OP, stay away from CSL!!!

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

YungGud

You can lengthen your spine with some kind of inversion boots or so ,but it will damage your health but  u can get about 1.5 inches
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

IwannaBeTaller

It is very much possible. You can replace your spinal discs with artificial thicker ones. They come in three different sizes.
In Europe, the price is approx. 5.500 EUR per disc plus the surgery. In the US, the very same discs are like four times the price iirc.

I've heard about the artificial discs, but I've never heard anywhere that they actually add height. Do they, and if yes, how much? I also imagine replacing your discs is a good way for lifelong back problems and pains.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

You can lengthen your spine with some kind of inversion boots or so ,but it will damage your health but  u can get about 1.5 inches

Firstly, it doesn't 'lengthen' the spine. It relieves pressure and stretches and separates the spinal discs. What do you mean exactly by 'damage your health'?

Inversion therapy doesn't provide lasting relief from back pain, and it's not safe for everyone. Inversion therapy involves hanging upside down, and the head-down position could be risky for anyone with high blood pressure, heart disease or glaucoma.

In theory, inversion therapy takes gravitational pressure off the nerve roots and disks in your spine and increases the space between vertebrae. Inversion therapy is one example of the many ways in which stretching the spine (spinal traction) has been used in an attempt to relieve back pain.

Well-designed studies evaluating spinal traction have found the technique ineffective for long-term relief. However, some people find traction temporarily helpful as part of a more comprehensive treatment program for lower back pain caused by spinal disk compression.

Your heartbeat slows and your blood pressure increases when you remain inverted for more than a couple of minutes — and the pressure within your eyeballs jumps dramatically. For these reasons, you should not try inversion therapy if you have high blood pressure, heart disease or glaucoma.

Unless you have very specific issues, it won't damage your health in the long term or much at all. If the damage to your health was substantial, there would be people dropping dead at an alarming rate, children on monkey bars, gymnasts, strippers etc.

TIBIKE200

Proportionatly, lengthening the spine would be a disaster. It will make your shoulders look narrower and also rise your hands above your scrotch which will make you look completely disproportionate.

Also, Just imagine a long thick scar all along your back in order to put those
I learned some stuff during this time

YungGud

Firstly, it doesn't 'lengthen' the spine. It relieves pressure and stretches and separates the spinal discs. What do you mean exactly by 'damage your health'?

Unless you have very specific issues, it won't damage your health in the long term or much at all. If the damage to your health was substantial, there would be people dropping dead at an alarming rate, children on monkey bars, gymnasts, strippers etc.
Something like Disc protrusion,or so don't know the exact name
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Bander72

From what I've read online people with low body fat were able to get 1.5 but it is without a doubt he temporary. You probably be able to keep 1 cm and you have to be careful to avoid spine damage.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Something like Disc protrusion,or so don't know the exact name

Ah, that makes sense. I can imagine this would be with people hanging/using an inversion table excessively and possibly weighted - then I can imagine it would be detrimental to your spinal health to do it under load. Everything in moderation and stop if you have any issues is good advice though.

6feet2isTooShort

• IT'S OVER

Can you post details on this please? Height > health.

"Wow, that guy is SOOO HEALTHY!" - said no girl ever.
banned for trolling and abuse of forum signature

onemorefoot

Just no!!!!
Budget will determine my future.

google42

Can you post details on this please? Height > health.

"Wow, that guy is SOOO HEALTHY!" - said no girl ever.

More proof your trolling. 

6feet2isTooShort

• IT'S OVER

More proof your trolling.

Have you ever heard women fawn over a health of a guy?
banned for trolling and abuse of forum signature
Pages: [1]   Go Up