Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020  (Read 54390 times)

StrydeNailChallenge

Re: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020
« Reply #651 on: September 25, 2021, 02:23:05 AM »

Wow man that's insane!

Unrelated question: I'm curious did you ever measure your pre-surgery tibia / femur proportions?

Thanks Want-3-inches ::)

I actually didn't, but I think my femur was longer than my tibia pre-CLL and now even 8cm longer. 
No one so far has been able to spot it though, or at least no one has yet made a comment on why my femurs look longer than my tibias!

But let me tell you this: In a weird way I really enjoy the long femurs. I don't know if I am describing it accurately here, but I feel like when I walk it feels so good and also looks  weirdly awesome to me! Perhaps because my brain is weird, haha!

There is just one thing I am wondering: has there been a study to see the impact of high femur/tibia ratios on knees or any other negative impact? If so, I may do a tibia lengthening to make it balanced; of course when I am done with my current challenges and then find no better challenge  than repeating the CLL!   I hope there is no serious health issues with long ratios! cause I don't want to be too tall and also that the high ratio looks good to me :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 04:09:33 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

AimHigh

« Reply #652 on: September 25, 2021, 02:34:00 AM »

I have noticed my CLL has enhanced my butt , it somehow looks tighter, less elongated/droopy and more "perky"  - maybe this is mostly illusion because the butt length to femur length ratio has changed?.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #653 on: October 02, 2021, 04:38:16 AM »

watching your progress make me wish stryde was still available. It's hidden and weight bearing. I wish their was docs outside the US that just said f**k it, and did stryde anyways..lol. it obviously works.

Hello Growing,
Sorry about the delay.
I also hope an upgraded stryde (that will have addressed the recall related concerns) will be back soon.

may I ask what your weight was before surgery and did you lose any during recovery?

My weight has been around 135 to 145 pounds for a long time. My body fat level was measured to be low. I remember I heard from doctors that my my body fat level was at Olympic Gold medalists' levels! The sad thing is that I don't have an Olympic medal! just got low fat levels, haha!

My weight has been around 146 to 150 pounds during the last few months. The increase is because of the added femur parts and more muscles in my legs; as I worked out much more post-op.

I'm 5'8 as well. but a little over 173cm. So are you currently 5'11.5 measured? that would be awesome. you could technically claim 6ft.

I am at 180.5cm morning time. By evening I got to 179ish. I definitely look tall, especially considering my thin/athletic tone of my body. I think the chance that someone guesses my height as 6' is higher than 5'11". 

Have people noticed?
A couple points:
1) Yes, they have. Most of the reactions are speechless. They look at me and they know something has changed, but I think they would either not believe height increase is possible, or if they know about CLL, they would not think I would be crazy enough to do it :P

2) I figured that in my case, those who were much taller than me (190cm or above) or much shorter (165 or below) are much less likely to notice anything different.

How has life been after lengthening?

Life has been good. Although getting taller was not the main reason I did this surgery, I definitely enjoy my new height.

I had a very fast recovery. I felt like back to normal (in terms jogging, walking, swimming, etc.) by Month 5 post-op. Doctor M. believed I could do nail removal by Month 7 post-op. I was not in rush, but as soon as I heard the recall, I scheduled it within a couple weeks and by Month 8 removed the nails.

I have focused on my jobs and also my next challenges in the last few months.

And I swear if you didn't tell your age in the beginning I wouldn't peak you a day over 30. Your athletic ability and flexibility is better than guys my age and younger with no surgery.

I have never seen anyone close to my age who could beat me in speed and endurance. There are certain exercises I can do that even athletic guys in their 20s or late teens cannot do. I think I got lucky on genes and later put a lot of effort into maintaining my fitness. That being said, I know at some point my health will decline. We are all going to die!!! I am just postponing the old age issues :P
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 05:07:26 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #654 on: October 02, 2021, 04:45:24 AM »

I have noticed my CLL has enhanced my butt , it somehow looks tighter, less elongated/droopy and more "perky"  - maybe this is mostly illusion because the butt length to femur length ratio has changed?.

Hello AimHigh,
I did a lot of exercises including some for glutes starting early distraction days and have been consistently continuing my various daily workouts since then. That made my legs and butt a lot stronger and fitter than before CLL.

AimHigh

« Reply #655 on: October 02, 2021, 04:59:32 AM »

I bet the Girls are lovin those Buns  ;)
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #656 on: October 02, 2021, 05:12:44 AM »

I bet the Girls are lovin those Buns  ;)

:))

I think most of us now can be good trainers! helping others to be in shape Imagine my new ad: "Are you suffering from LBN (Low Buns Deficiency"? Call within the next twenty minutes and Dr. Butts will fix it! wait! it gets better! The first 20 callers will get twenty large pizzas  for free" :P

Dreamer57

« Reply #657 on: December 05, 2021, 06:20:13 AM »

Hey SNC.....where are you man!? Missing your updates....I hope everything is going good! Would love to hear an update or a video on your physical status!!! Hoping the best for you! Have a great day!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #658 on: December 19, 2021, 05:41:55 AM »

Hey SNC.....where are you man!? Missing your updates....I hope everything is going good! Would love to hear an update or a video on your physical status!!! Hoping the best for you! Have a great day!

Hi Dreamer57!  Thanks for checking on me bro! I am doing well. Hope things are also great on your side! 

Here is a quick update:
Walking: Average daily walks in 2021: 6.4 miles. I can easily do 6 miles in less than 75 minutes (about 12 mins. 40+ seconds per mile).

Running/jogging: I experienced knee pain a few years ago after many years of playing European soccer and also doing Parkour specifically high jumps. With physical therapy, I managed to recover a couple years before the CLL surgery and since then I have been hesitant in running aggressively. The only times I try being fast is on soft tracks. I feel like I pretty fast, but to record a time I need to practice. Have you seen anyone here reporting a time record on 100m or one mile?

Swimming: missing it so much! I can't wait for pandemic to be over! If anyone has any suggestions for indoor pools in LA, I would love to know.

Dreamer57

« Reply #659 on: December 19, 2021, 09:34:18 PM »

That's good here man....everything is okay around here except my height neurosis lol....anyways...ur gait , walking and running....is it completely back to normal? Like no one notices? Any lingering pain or any discomfort....? Any other issues?

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #660 on: January 05, 2022, 08:50:12 AM »

That's good here man....everything is okay around here except my height neurosis lol....anyways...ur gait , walking and running....is it completely back to normal? Like no one notices? Any lingering pain or any discomfort....? Any other issues?

Hi Dreamer57!

Happy New Year!  Good to know you are doing well. Hope you'll figure out a safe and efficient plan for your height soon. I also hope Stryde or something more modern comes to market soon, so future CLL'ers would have more options than just the older methods.

My gait and walks were back to normal by end of month 4 post CLL. My runs looked normal starting month 5.

I experienced high levels of pain and discomfort during distraction. A couple of weeks into consolidation pain completely stopped; a very rapid change from high to zero.

randomperson

• Visitor
« Reply #661 on: February 15, 2022, 02:36:56 PM »

Hey man, I read your diary, your results are awesome, congrats. This is making me want to wait for whatever new weight bearing technology is deployed. I just feel like the weight bearing allowed you to recover and work so much more efficiently! incredible

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #662 on: March 03, 2022, 06:44:47 AM »

Hey man, I read your diary, your results are awesome, congrats. This is making me want to wait for whatever new weight bearing technology is deployed. I just feel like the weight bearing allowed you to recover and work so much more efficiently! incredible

Hi, I am sorry for the delay.
Thanks for the kind words. I also believe with any other CLL method (other than stryde) it would've been impossible for me to make some of the records.

I hope the new weight bearing tech. (updated stryde or something even more advanced) will come out soon.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #663 on: April 24, 2022, 12:58:19 AM »

Hello CLL'ers!
It's been a while since I checked in here.
I found the following interesting, so I thought of sharing it. I hope you find it interesting too:
It's argued that Putin is obsessed with his height. There are many online posts about that, such as this video:

Some have gone further to associate short height with aggressiveness and brutality.  It's formally called the Napolean Complex.

A 2007 research work found that Napolean Complex is a myth. However there are some researchers who claim to have found evidence of "the small man syndrome".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex#:~:text=short%20man%20syndrome.-,Research,they%20are)%20is%20a%20myth.

Just in case, we all should fund a height lengthening surgery for Putin :P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:21:41 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »

BoneStretching

« Reply #664 on: April 26, 2022, 07:00:22 PM »

At the end of the day, any powerful man who is not average height will be dubbed with this kind of "syndrome", but lets face the facts, the reason any short man makes it big is this world is by virtue of the "energy" he brings, his masculinity he conveys, his remarkable ability to execute on tasks, his fearless demeanor in any situation set forth upon him. This is the reality. People will always try to find a way to take jabs at others. This is a covert form of jealousy.

If the man is wearing lifts (which frankly looks like he is), so be it, its all cosmetic, and at the end of the day no one fking cares, if you dont fking care. It comes down to you.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #665 on: May 05, 2022, 09:02:17 PM »

At the end of the day, any powerful man who is not average height will be dubbed with this kind of "syndrome", but lets face the facts, the reason any short man makes it big is this world is by virtue of the "energy" he brings, his masculinity he conveys, his remarkable ability to execute on tasks, his fearless demeanor in any situation set forth upon him. This is the reality. People will always try to find a way to take jabs at others. This is a covert form of jealousy.

If the man is wearing lifts (which frankly looks like he is), so be it, its all cosmetic, and at the end of the day no one fking cares, if you dont fking care. It comes down to you.

Your response to my post is very interesting, but not surprising!

pharmacology

• Visitor
« Reply #666 on: May 12, 2022, 01:57:41 AM »

Did you have knee pain in consolidation? Specifically when you walk with crutches or without crutches?

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #667 on: May 12, 2022, 05:57:18 PM »

Did you have knee pain in consolidation? Specifically when you walk with crutches or without crutches?

No. BTW, I stopped using crutches pretty early (early stages of distraction), i.e., during consolidation no crutches.

Ayesha12345

« Reply #668 on: June 26, 2023, 09:02:52 PM »

Hey! How are you doing now? I’m very afraid of the opposite happening. I have a very curvy behind that I’m happy with and I’m afraid CLL will flatten it out. Can anyone comment on this?

youyin12

« Reply #669 on: July 01, 2023, 04:24:27 PM »

Hi SNC! I just came to this forum, but I can't watch all the videos in your diary. Is there any way to see your video? I really like your diary and attitude to life. Thank you so much!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #670 on: July 05, 2023, 08:17:36 PM »

Hi SNC! I just came to this forum, but I can't watch all the videos in your diary. Is there any way to see your video? I really like your diary and attitude to life. Thank you so much!

Hi youyin12, Thanks!
I had removed the videos for privacy reasons. I am sorry about that.

youyin12

« Reply #671 on: July 06, 2023, 05:11:57 AM »

Thanks for your reply. How are you feeling now? How is your performance in sports?

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #672 on: July 10, 2023, 05:54:29 PM »

Hi youyin12 and All,
As far as my legs, everything same as it used to be. The only difference is that I mostly walk and run instead of stretching. Here are some updates:

Speed: I typically do 6 miles in less than an hour (a combination of fast walks and runs of various speeds, with no resting in between; that overall averages to about 9 mins or so per mile. - the routes are mostly flat, but involve some gentle uphill/downhills).

Agility: For the ~6 miles run/walk I am more fit than before surgery thanks to practicing. My swimming speed is like before CLL. However my speed has degraded when it comes to tall jumps. I used to jump better before surgery even if I was shorter. Now I can clearly feel I am not as agile when it comes to jumping over barriers like fences, etc., stair leaping and also the takeoff or initial acceleration of my runs.  I also feel slower when it comes to soccer and basketball; therefore I don't recommend CLL for those who'd want to professionally do sports such as soccer or basketball.

Height: The nurse measured my height during a physical exam recently and I was at 179cm around 2pm. Also measured myself this morning and I was at 180cm shortly after I woke up. This means that my height has shrunk (from 180.5 morning times) by about .5cm or that it's part of the normal day-to-day height variations mixed with any differences in the measurement setups. I should be able to confirm this in the next couple months, repeating measurements. Will have an update here on this!

Health: No change since 2020. I still can beat others in their 30s by far in almost any activity. I can beat even some teenagers in endurance and speed (running, swimming, easy parkour stuff ..). I hope when the time comes that my health goes downhill due to old age, I would be mature enough to accept it :(

Life: I have moved out of LA county as the relocation made sense for my business.
Unfortunately, I am not happy; I've felt this way since late 2021. I am most likely the richest guy on this forum (assuming all the rich guys directly or indirectly revealed themselves here!) or at least one of the richest.. however, I made several decisions in life that emotionally ruin me!
For privacy reasons I am not going to discuss details, but I decided to be open about this to hopefully help others; to be positive and be happy with the good things they have in life. Height was never an issue to me, not even before my CLL. Those who have read my diary should know that already.. I am thinking of seeing a good therapist, but last time that I tried them was a few years ago and they sounded stupid :(

I hope this update is helpful. Let me know if anything else.
SNC
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:50:07 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

youyin12

« Reply #673 on: July 11, 2023, 02:22:50 AM »

Thank you very much for your update. Life is complex and influenced by many factors. Happiness is also a subjective feeling. In the eyes of other members of this forum, you are very successful and wealthy, and your height has also improved, with no long-term complications. However, everyone has different pursuits and standards in life. At least now your legs are healthy and you can do any sport you want. I hope everything is good. Best wishes.

1team

« Reply #674 on: July 12, 2023, 01:32:39 PM »

Hi youyin12 and All,
As far as my legs, everything same as it used to be. The only difference is that I mostly walk and run instead of stretching. Here are some updates:

Speed: I typically do 6 miles in less than an hour (a combination of fast walks and runs of various speeds, with no resting in between; that overall averages to about 9 mins or so per mile. - the routes are mostly flat, but involve some gentle uphill/downhills).

Agility: For the ~6 miles run/walk I am more fit than before surgery thanks to practicing. My swimming speed is like before CLL. However my speed has degraded when it comes to tall jumps. I used to jump better before surgery even if I was shorter. Now I can clearly feel I am not as agile when it comes to jumping over barriers like fences, etc., stair leaping and also the takeoff or initial acceleration of my runs.  I also feel slower when it comes to soccer and basketball; therefore I don't recommend CLL for those who'd want to professionally do sports such as soccer or basketball.

Height: The nurse measured my height during a physical exam recently and I was at 179cm around 2pm. Also measured myself this morning and I was at 180cm shortly after I woke up. This means that my height has shrunk (from 180.5 morning times) by about .5cm or that it's part of the normal day-to-day height variations mixed with any differences in the measurement setups. I should be able to confirm this in the next couple months, repeating measurements. Will have an update here on this!

Health: No change since 2020. I still can beat others in their 30s by far in almost any activity. I can beat even some teenagers in endurance and speed (running, swimming, easy parkour stuff ..). I hope when the time comes that my health goes downhill due to old age, I would be mature enough to accept it :(

Life: I have moved out of LA county as the relocation made sense for my business.
Unfortunately, I am not happy; I've felt this way since late 2021. I am most likely the richest guy on this forum (assuming all the rich guys directly or indirectly revealed themselves here!) or at least one of the richest.. however, I made several decisions in life that emotionally ruin me!
For privacy reasons I am not going to discuss details, but I decided to be open about this to hopefully help others; to be positive and be happy with the good things they have in life. Height was never an issue to me, not even before my CLL. Those who have read my diary should know that already.. I am thinking of seeing a good therapist, but last time that I tried them was a few years ago and they sounded stupid :(

I hope this update is helpful. Let me know if anything else.
SNC

Do you think your unhappiness is due to your age or getting older in general? I have been thinking alot about the utility of LL past the age of 30 and if you get the same benefits as younger guys or not because you have lived most of your life. What do you think?

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #675 on: July 17, 2023, 09:51:07 PM »

Do you think your unhappiness is due to your age or getting older in general?

No, it's not related to my age or getting older, or my CLL; in fact it's not even about me, exactly!

I have been thinking alot about the utility of LL past the age of 30 and if you get the same benefits as younger guys or not because you have lived most of your life. What do you think?

Whether someone 30+ could get the same benefits as younger guys, depends on the person themselves. I'd say, in your case since you have done a lot of thinking and sure about it, then you should do the CLL before 30.
As for myself, my journal here should be very clear why I did the CLL and why it worked well for me.

Hope this helps,
SNC
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 10:16:21 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

Hagane

« Reply #676 on: July 17, 2023, 10:39:38 PM »

@SNC

its so nice to hear an update from you!
i followed your diary when you from the beginning and its nice to see you are still here!
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Among us

« Reply #677 on: July 17, 2023, 10:51:55 PM »

Nice Journey wished I could've done stride nail looks like your recovery was very quick but it's LON for me.

Robert Adam

« Reply #678 on: July 20, 2023, 08:48:52 AM »

If you lengthened your bones by 8 cm, are you taller by 8 cm or less?

The bones of the legs are not in a vertical axis.

EndGame

« Reply #679 on: July 20, 2023, 12:33:28 PM »

If you lengthened your bones by 8 cm, are you taller by 8 cm or less?

The bones of the legs are not in a vertical axis.
A typical Q angle is 12 degrees for men and 17 degrees for women.
Cosine(12)*80mm=78.25mm

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #680 on: July 20, 2023, 10:06:07 PM »

@SNC

its so nice to hear an update from you!
i followed your diary when you from the beginning and its nice to see you are still here!

Thanks Hagane,

This forum helped me a lot during my CLL journey. I've tried to stay as part of it to help the current and future members and guests.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #681 on: July 20, 2023, 10:10:25 PM »

Nice Journey wished I could've done stride nail looks like your recovery was very quick but it's LON for me.

Yeah I got lucky! Stryde was perfect. Work from home during covid times, also helped. My recovery was perfect; I made records that are impossible to break if any other current or older method was used.

I hope an enhanced version of stryde or a totally new technology is developed that makes CLL even safer and faster.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up