Limb Lengthening Surgery > Limb Lengthening Discussions

Does Giotikas allow to lenghten 8 cm?

(1/3) > >>

Maalane:
How much giotikas allows to lenghten his patients femurs with G- nail?
Im  fairly young.
Will he decide turning the lenghtening phase, or set the max at the beginning?
Im not looking to lenghten more than 8 cm, but i would really like to set my goal at 8.

Big thanks to everyone who responds. :D

SpeedDialer:

--- Quote from: Maalane on January 26, 2023, 10:02:32 AM ---How much giotikas allows to lenghten his patients femurs with G- nail?
Im  fairly young.
Im not looking to lenghten more than 8 cm, but i would really like to set my goal at 8.

--- End quote ---

He let Ozboy do 8.2cm with gnail and I believe there are some cases of people doing a bit more

Might be good for you to PM Ozboy and also this guy http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=80747.0 who both did 8cm or more, they probably have some good advice 

Basically after the x-rays each time is a good idea to discuss this with the doctor, ex: when get close to 8cm might be good to talk to him about what he thinks based on your range of motion/x-rays etc

I did significantly less length

10cm Tibia:

--- Quote from: Maalane on January 26, 2023, 10:02:32 AM ---How much giotikas allows to lenghten his patients femurs with G- nail?
Im  fairly young.

--- End quote ---
Your body that will answer this question. You can do it comfortably if your starting length is long, usually at 8 femurs. It depends on the flexibility of the body and the length of the legs rather than the doctor and the method.

OzBoy39:
Giotikas is the kind of doctor who will let you know after the X-rays. If he thinks you should stop… he’ll make you stop.

But as others have said, many people end up going to 8cm, so unless there’s any complications you should be able to

heightiseverything:

--- Quote from: OzBoy39 on January 26, 2023, 11:47:42 PM ---Giotikas is the kind of doctor who will let you know after the X-rays. If he thinks you should stop… he’ll make you stop.

But as others have said, many people end up going to 8cm, so unless there’s any complications you should be able to

--- End quote ---

What do you mean he'll make you stop? Doesn't the patient control how much he lengthens?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version