Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this some kind of monorail device? Looks sturdy.  (Read 373 times)

AnotherLLer

Is this some kind of monorail device? Looks sturdy.
« on: April 19, 2024, 08:33:48 PM »

Check this out.

https://ibb.co/NVHBmd1

I found about a doctor on Russian forums who specializes in combined femur lengthening with his own patented external fixator that looks like a monorail device. It has 4 entrance points in total, but the device looks kinda sturdy compared to what they use in Turkey for external femurs.

Also, he uses titanium nails for internal fixation and removes the external frames after the distraction phase and locks in the screws afterwards, so it's basically LON method with his own patented external and internal fixators. IDK about nail materials, but is the titanium nail the same they use for LON method worldwide? He says that his nails are very sturdy and after the fixator removal it cannot be broken easily.

Now, I know that external femur is barbaric and it's almost a no brainer if one has the funds to always go with PRECICE nails but given how cheap it is in Russia compared to even Turkey, this option is worth considering for someone looking for LON femurs.

Now, basically, with getting rid of femurs first, I can gain the most height, up to 9 cm is possible but 7.5 is optimal, remove those frames in 3 months and recover much faster than lengthening the same amounts in tibia fully externally, which will take almost 1.5-2 years to recover.

Thing is, I need to become at least 3 inches taller and recover in a sensible amount of time in order to continue working. I know that doing 3 inches femurs first will look odd but at least I can retain balance and wear elevator shoes for added height and continue my job in about 10 months so I can do the external tibia 4-5 cm at a later time when I'll have enough savings to stay in home for about one year or so until I recover.

sxxa

Re: Is this some kind of monorail device? Looks sturdy.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 08:44:54 PM »

It looks like a monorail with extra weight. I would love to know which website you use to find these doctors on Russia? I want to dig more on them
174 morning height
172 at night.

AnotherLLer

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 09:04:05 PM »

sxxa:

I know the Russian language well and I'm using Russian forums but of course you can use Google Translate to get the idea of what they're talking about on those forums.

Basically, there are not many forums in Russian regarding LL, but if you Google in Russian language the appropriate keywords, you can find them easily.

So, that device is a monorail type thing but more sturdy (at least from the looks of it).

For most people internal femurs are out of question in their younger years due to how much it costs so for really short guys like between 165-170 cm, doing external tibia for 5 cm is not enough compared to real 3 inches from femurs and then continuing wearing 2 inch elevator shoes as it will look much better in this way rather than wearing them with 2 inches longer tibia.

doge

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 01:25:32 AM »

How much does one of these operations cost in the motherland?

AnotherLLer

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 01:28:15 AM »

IDK for international patients, but for Russians it's about $10 000 for the surgery alone. Still, LON femur is much riskier than wearing external frames for about 12-15 months and lengthen tibia 7-8 cm if you're lucky.

Maison

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 03:39:21 AM »

To be honest, even if the external fixator seems sturdy, I don’t think that's a significant advantage.
I’ve never heard of a Turkish external fixator bending.
But, this fixator might have the ability to fix bone deformity. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up