Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LON with the boys at Dr Sringari--India (Complete)  (Read 101804 times)

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Re: LON with the boys at Dr Sringari--India (Complete)
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2014, 05:50:11 PM »

*Actual length of rod: 5.4cm

Left leg anterior:

Left leg lateral:

Right leg anterior:

Right leg lateral:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:17:36 PM by Polycrates. »
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2014, 06:19:08 PM »

Looking good in terms of bone growth and alignment.  It's hard to tell the exact gains by just measuring the gaps.  Are you going to have a standing x-ray taken so the entire legs can be measured?

Polycrates.

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2014, 06:26:13 PM »

No. Did they do that in China? Like I said, all he did today was grasp my ankles while I laid in bed, and from this he supposedly was able to tell that my legs were equal. I asked him how, and he gave some half-hearted explanation, then went on to my roommate, lol...
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Polycrates.

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »

I've been taking mega doses of  vitamin c (3g/day) for the past two weeks and flaxseed oil for over a month. I find both these drugs imperative in my regimen. A lot of pain has been quelled since I've started taking the flaxseed and vitamin c keeps the body overall in good spirits. I think it's helped with the callus in these latest x-rays too, but I don't know if that's possible or not.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2014, 07:47:48 PM »

No. Did they do that in China? Like I said, all he did today was grasp my ankles while I laid in bed, and from this he supposedly was able to tell that my legs were equal. I asked him how, and he gave some half-hearted explanation, then went on to my roommate, lol...

Yes, an x-ray taken of the whole lower body while standing, after the lengthening phase.  They used that to determine how much we gained and whether our alignment was proper before the 2nd surgery.

Polycrates.

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2014, 08:09:05 PM »

I believe the CT scan measurements, where the left leg was behind 2mm. I might turn the left leg two more days for good measure, haven't decided....

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2014, 10:00:54 PM »

Hey dude,

whats up with the fibular bone alignment? is it supposed to be like that?
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Polycrates.

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2014, 10:10:06 PM »

Fibula? Aghh, we don't worry about fibula.  8)

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »

:D lol

I guess fibula bone is not really needed.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Cyber

• Private
  • Visitor
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2014, 12:39:54 AM »

It figures, this IS India after all.

From what I've read, at least according to several leading CLL doctors, that, to no surprise, the fibula is quite important and that if completely ignored, fibula related complications can occur.
Also, I had a consult with Dr. Paley's and asked him what kinds of complications can occur and ways he deals with it. One of the complications he brought up was the requirement for equal distraction of bothtibia and fibula bones, and about the importance of the lower fibula bone not migrating (even a few mm migration has drastic consequences) because it could lead to misalignment, ankle pains / inflammation (ligaments & tendon) and early arthritis.

Dr. Paley also told me he recently he had several patients who did lengthening in India come in, one of which who complained about severe ankle pains after he returned home. Turns out the patient's lower fibula migrated out because cheap, improper wires were used to fixate the bones and because no screws were used. Thus, the bones moved and that he needs another operation to fix this.

I'm not surprised the doctor or "medical" staff India say that the bone is not important, it was probably what the other Indian patient heard when he was there too.
But I guess answers like "fibula is not important" is not a big surpanswer hen it came from a doctor who can make "accurate" calculations simply by grasping your ankle while you laid in bed.

Yes, an x-ray taken of the whole lower body while standing, after the lengthening phase.  They used that to determine how much we gained and whether our alignment was proper before the 2nd surgery.

This is what Dr. Paley and his staff told me too.

When I was waiting in line to get a full body x-ray, there was a patient ahead in frames. The radiologist said he had to stand up for the X-rays, and in the back of my head I thought this was crazy because he was in frames. When I spoke to Doctor about this and whether or not I needed to stand up for X-rays when I do LL, he said yes, because standing up and ambulation of the feet are required to make proper assessments of alignment of the bones and joints in the legs. Laying down does not accurately show bone/joint alignment because standing position and pressure on feet/bones/joints are not present.

So MDOW, I guess the Chinese doctors knew what they were doing.

Polycrates, when you did our CT scans, and also your X-rays, do they require you standing up on your feet?

Polycrates.

« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2014, 12:51:03 AM »

No, everything I've taken has been laid down. To the doctor's credit, some months ago, when I asked about the fibula's consolidation and he said he doesn't even look at the fibula, I do remember he mentioned that the only thing important about it is that it remains in line at the ankle. He said he passes wires through the top and bottom ends of the fibula. I remember reading a Paley authored study saying this is an adequate means of fixation. Does Dr Paley still use screws with external fixators? Even in my x-rays, you can see there is a pin passing through the fibula. I've already conceded to the fact I'm going to be a bit f**ked up. Hope I can get it sorted back home in Canada without too much hassle, otherwise I've botched my health by my own stupidity....

Polycrates.

« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2014, 12:55:15 AM »

It sounds like Sweden's ankle problems may be resulting from a fibula issue as well.

Cyber

• Private
  • Visitor
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2014, 01:51:36 AM »

No, everything I've taken has been laid down. To the doctor's credit, some months ago, when I asked about the fibula's consolidation and he said he doesn't even look at the fibula, I do remember he mentioned that the only thing important about it is that it remains in line at the ankle. He said he passes wires through the top and bottom ends of the fibula. I remember reading a Paley authored study saying this is an adequate means of fixation. Does Dr Paley still use screws with external fixators? Even in my x-rays, you can see there is a pin passing through the fibula. I've already conceded to the fact I'm going to be a bit f**ked up. Hope I can get it sorted back home in Canada without too much hassle, otherwise I've botched my health by my own stupidity....

Dr. Paley said that you need special wires called Olive Wires to properly fixate the bones.
Using only regular wires like what the guys from India had does not have ball-barring to properly hold the bone in place, so the bone can still move and "slide" on the wire's smooth axis.

Yes, he still uses screws with external fixation. The screws (which need to be inserted at a proper angle) are needed as well to add more strength because the wires can bend during lengthening. Especially if the person has thick, muscular legs which resists lengthening and puts more strain on the wires, screws and the entire apparatus.

It's funny your Doctor not properly acknowledge the importance of the fibula. From my consultation, the importance of proper fixation and equal distraction rates of both tibia and fibula bones kept coming up, because taking care of them can prevent nasty complications later on.

Polycrates.

« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2014, 02:01:01 AM »

I know I have the regular wires, but my logic was that because they are crossing each other, this would lock the bone and prevent any sliding from occurring. When my physio comes in here with his stupid smile on his face and asks how I'm doing, I'll let him know today. I was contemplating going back home in frames and going to an ER, but I'll just book a ticket for 2 weeks from now and get into an ortho ASAP. FMstupidL.

Cyber

• Private
  • Visitor
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:05 AM »

I know I have the regular wires, but my logic was that because they are crossing each other, this would lock the bone and prevent any sliding from occurring. When my physio comes in here with his stupid smile on his face and asks how I'm doing, I'll let him know today. I was contemplating going back home in frames and going to an ER, but I'll just book a ticket for 2 weeks from now and get into an ortho ASAP. FMstupidL.

I hope everything goes well for you Polycrates.
It's not the end of the world, just a minor setback to overcome.
Hopefully, the other patients are faring better.

It would be interesting to hear what your physio say. You also have to remember that it seems like there is a business comes first mentality going on in India and that business undertones seems to prevail everything - at least according to what I have read.
Maybe the physio or other staff, may withhold important information in fear that you announce it to the world. Or lie to you and give you misinformation to temporary "appease you."

In fact, why is it that your physio is even giving you medical advice when it should be the Medical Doctor Surgeon who should be coming in to advise and treat you?

Your physio should not be the one to advise you on your X-rays, or your frames or anything. In any other modern medical establishment, the physio is there solely to aid you in proper Physiotherapy treatment and then leave. Not act as an unlicensed, pseudo radiologist-neurologist-pharmacist-ortho-surgeon-medical doctor.

Smallguy

« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2014, 02:44:34 AM »

Hey, I heard somewhere that 50% of the patient issues come from his/her own mind. Maybe you will come out of this healthy and pain-free. Who knows. If not, then you have that old man to thank for (fake diary & doctor's affiliation $).

It is already what it is at this point. So worrying won't help. When I came back, my family doc said, after looking at my xray, that I won't walk again. We were setting me up on Canada disability tax credit. I pay a lot of taxes every year. However, in one month I came back walking, then he took that privilege away from me.

I'm glad that I'm not a burden to my country!

Cyber. You seem very knowledgeable on this subject. Did you go by a different username on the old forum? Welcome to this forum!
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Polycrates.

« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2014, 02:49:41 AM »

I agree Smallguy. No sense in worrying. I just want out of this f**king place so bad. I'll probably need to go on some sort of disability too (if I'm even eligible) because I know I won't be ready for work in May which is when my employer wanted me back and I'm on the verge of being broke now. I despise myself for being a self-inflicted burden on the system too, but I've paid well over $60k in taxes too, so I guess I kinda deserve it, lol.....

Polycrates.

« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2014, 03:01:24 AM »

I hope everything goes well for you Polycrates.
It's not the end of the world, just a minor setback to overcome.
Hopefully, the other patients are faring better.

It would be interesting to hear what your physio say. You also have to remember that it seems like there is a business comes first mentality going on in India and that business undertones seems to prevail everything - at least according to what I have read.
Maybe the physio or other staff, may withhold important information in fear that you announce it to the world. Or lie to you and give you misinformation to temporary "appease you."

In fact, why is it that your physio is even giving you medical advice when it should be the Medical Doctor Surgeon who should be coming in to advise and treat you?

Your physio should not be the one to advise you on your X-rays, or your frames or anything. In any other modern medical establishment, the physio is there solely to aid you in proper Physiotherapy treatment and then leave. Not act as an unlicensed, pseudo radiologist-neurologist-pharmacist-ortho-surgeon-medical doctor.

Listen, I'm just as astounded as you are. Some patients here, many which are/were Indian, think the physio is a doctor. Take LL ForumorLife for example, who thinks he's a hero with his ridiculous video where he's carrying the flower pot.  He acts as if he's completely healed, but you can clearly see he has an odd gait and he still walks with a cane. He thought Indian physios rival doctors here. The physios love to boast of their five year educations as well to show how much it is they know.

The minimal supervision by the doctor over medical issues is absolutely deplorable. There have been times when other patients are being told things and I have to bite my tongue from exploding on them for their negligence in care. I can tell stories but I'm reticent to because some patients believe their issues should remain confidential. It's up to them to inform people of them. What would be the point in me lashing out now when nothing can be done of it? However, if I do hear someone mention again how prestigious and glorious Indian medicine and doc Sringari are one more time, they will get a piece of my mind and it won't be restrained.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:06:38 AM by Polycrates. »

Polycrates.

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2014, 03:05:08 AM »

Double post... And Sysop, if you're lurking here, I want my likeness removed from your site. I told you once, and I'll tell you again here because I've already requested my account be disabled for the second time, remove...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:09:50 AM by Polycrates. »

Cyber

• Private
  • Visitor
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2014, 04:28:49 AM »

Hey, I heard somewhere that 50% of the patient issues come from his/her own mind. Maybe you will come out of this healthy and pain-free. Who knows. If not, then you have that old man to thank for (fake diary & doctor's affiliation $).

It is already what it is at this point. So worrying won't help. When I came back, my family doc said, after looking at my xray, that I won't walk again. We were setting me up on Canada disability tax credit. I pay a lot of taxes every year. However, in one month I came back walking, then he took that privilege away from me.

I'm glad that I'm not a burden to my country!

Cyber. You seem very knowledgeable on this subject. Did you go by a different username on the old forum? Welcome to this forum!

Hi Smallguy, I do have an old forum  account, but I am not going to disclose it because I post there.
I've seen how others are banned when they freely express themselves on topics that contain critical knowledge that concern's potential patients/current patient's safety and well-being, especially when it when it does not agree with SysOP's marketing agenda.
Seeing how obsessively SysOp monitors old forum , it would be no surprise that he is probably always infatuated by this site as well. Obsessing over forums seems to is his full time job - maybe that guy has no life?
It's ironic that he even has the audacity to accuse people who occasionally contribute to this site, when it is him who has an unhealthy obsession, love affair and paranoia over old forum , and possibly this site, every waking moment.
Knowing this, and how paranoid SysOP is whenever people expose the truths, he would probably ban me after reading the comments here and justify it as his "divine" intervention. He is, after all, an insecure, paranoid, self-proclaimed LL expert, (illegal) unlicensed pseudo-doctor, and pathetic wannabe "forum god."

I've just learned those things from many months of reading and from my personal consultations with a few Doctors. If you think I know quite a bit, then thank you. But you have to thank the many doctors and honest people beforehand for providing that sort of information.

Big faker is a coward for keeping his mouth shut about his complications, far from a honest diary he promised.   A new guy wants to come to Dr Sringari, the management told bigfaker to talk to him on skype  and he's not telling him the truth.

This was the reason I worried that marketing business is prevalent that the overall integrity of the practice is put into question and when patient's safety/well-being is put aside. It seems they are using current patients pawns to shill in their cowardly game, and treating people around the world as "dollar signs" by obviously, lying, withholding, or providing false information (physios calling themselves "medical" doctors) is so rampant.

On another note: to all those appalling scumbags who think it is okay to purposely withhold critical infomation that potential LL patients should know about or outright provide false information and shill for the benefit of those management scumbags and possibly themselves (remember all the shills from Sarin?), remember, karma will come bite you back.

I really hope Big Faker is not shilling for anyone at the expense of other innocent people's safety and well-being. Also, I really hope patients such as Big Faker are not put into a position where they are forced to shill corrupt people.

Listen, I'm just as astounded as you are. Some patients here, many which are/were Indian, think the physio is a doctor. Take LL ForumorLife for example, who thinks he's a hero with his ridiculous video where he's carrying the flower pot.  He acts as if he's completely healed, but you can clearly see he has an odd gait and he still walks with a cane. He thought Indian physios rival doctors here. The physios love to boast of their five year educations as well to show how much it is they know.

The minimal supervision by the doctor over medical issues is absolutely deplorable. There have been times when other patients are being told things and I have to bite my tongue from exploding on them for their negligence in care. I can tell stories but I'm reticent to because some patients believe their issues should remain confidential. It's up to them to inform people of them. What would be the point in me lashing out now when nothing can be done of it? However, if I do hear someone mention again how prestigious and glorious Indian medicine and doc Sringari are one more time, they will get a piece of my mind and it won't be restrained.

Thank you for being brave and exposing the truths for us. You don't know how many lives you can change for the better because of this. There should be more people like you out there who provide honest information, and not just paint a fake, yet rosy image that lures uninformed people who would have their health jeopardized.

Anyone who has been reading these forums should know by now how sketchy, questionable, and potentially dangerous doing LL in India could be - a big red flag should have popped up when the same staff that was there during the Sarin craze are the same people who are managing Sringari's clinic.

And what about the recovery afterwards? It seems the recovery of most Indian patients are questionable at best; full of strife and strain (look at poor Sweden).

I hope everything goes well for you Polycrates. Remember again, it's not the end of the world. Maybe everything in India turned out ok. If not at least, hopefully it can be fixed in your home country. You are lucky that citizens in your country have access to high quality, free medical health care!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:56:51 AM by Cyber »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2014, 05:01:56 AM »

Polycrates,

Maybe you could see Dr. Parihar in Mumbai once you're able to leave the guesthouse? Judging from what I have seen of his youtube videos and his prior training under Dr. Paley, he should be able to give you sound advice that you can't get from Dr. Sringari or the physios there.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Polycrates.

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2014, 05:20:32 AM »

Yeah,

Perhaps I will do a stopover flight in Mumbai before I head back. I contemplated this as well. If he were in Delhi, I would've gone to him by now.

Smallguy

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2014, 06:15:31 AM »

Unless you can afford the extra flight ticket to Mumbai to say Hi to Dr. Parihar, the only place I would want to go after finishing my LL goal is home. Though kind and knowledgeable, I doubt Dr. Parihar would help you for free (I may be wrong :D)

Canada has a pool of qualified doctors. My doctor from Vancouver General Hospital also does LL but just not for cosmetic purposes. And I fully endorse you to seek help from our medical system. It wasn't your fault for reading some fake phantom diary. I was kidding when I said, I wasn't a burden to our country. Actually, if you haven't, you should try to be in contact with either your family physician or an ortho in your city by now. That way when you come back you can reap the benefit of our medical system right away.

Cyber... I didn't know that it was still consider a value to be able to access that site. The only diary which I look forward to reading on that site is actually my own. I still want to linger on the memory when I still have my gf. But even that was edited... so unless people think it's a status to hang out with a hairless man in his 40s with 21cm of disproportion who has an array of marketing agendas, then I dont see any value of going back there. Plus we have many more on this site... a couple of veterans who are willing to help others (Medium drink, rgkey, calic, etc) plus a doctor who has free time in between operations. I don't want that villain on that site to make any money.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2014, 06:52:44 AM »

I've been refraining myself from reading too many posts because every time I delve into it I'd find something that scares the crap out of me.  I guess I'm not the only one who's pray to get out of india walking.

I read this entire post in about 30 minutes.  I found out that I'm have the same issue Smallguy had. Also im suffering from nerve damage. I pray that it would come back after a while, so far no luck.

As far as doctors, nurses and caretakers are concerned, they lack the proper skills and knowledge to properly care for patients. Just pray that everything goes well, no correction can be expected. Nurses don't even know about LL procedures,  they only look at the chart and give you pills then leave. Occasionally they'll ask "why are you doing this, or did you have an accident?". Once again I'll reiterate the point others had made. The good intentions are there from doctors, nurses and caretakers.  They are kind, most of them don't even eat meat and they're so skinny. They work long hours and less wage. They do everything they can to make you feel comfortable but compare to western standard it's way way below.

Do take precautions if you're coming this way.

Polycrates.

« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2014, 07:07:40 AM »

Bullsurfer,

Who are you with and what kind of nerve damage have you incurred?

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2014, 07:42:47 AM »

I don't want to say too much about my experience.  I'm the suffer in silence type. I expect people to do their job and behave decently in the wworld. Sometimes I think I should speak up more but what's the point. What's done is done.

I can tell you that I'm not with any doctor with name starts with an S. My nerve damaged due to doctor's negligence or lack of skill or both. I can cry about it or just be quiet and see if problem goes away, I did tell my doctor about the issue and he gave me the classic response everyone dread "Don't worry about it".

I too have to learn about India work ethic the hard way. Promises never materialized,  easy going, and procrastination.

Polycrates.

« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2014, 07:45:47 AM »

What is not functioning on your leg? I have my toe that I don't think will ever come back. I'm just grateful it's not drop foot.

Polycrates.

« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2014, 08:53:03 AM »

Messaged Dr. Parihar and received a prompt reply. He asked for x-rays and the video of my toe. It'll only cost me $80 or so more to route through Mumbai and back home, so I might indeed go see the good doctor enroute. It'll be good for an opinion at the very least.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »

Good to read. Even if you don't get treated by him he may give you valuable info that can be of use if you see an ortho back home.

Also I know Bigfaker had concerns about the state of Dr Parihar's hospital so it would be interesting to read an additional take of it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:38:26 AM by Kilokahn »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

mediocre

« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2014, 10:16:24 AM »

If he trained under Dr Paley, does Dr.Parihar offer Precice2?

Polycrates.

« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »

Had an arranged meeting in my room tonight with the physios, management, and remaining patients. Didn't find out what the circumstances of this meeting were going to be until it occurred. The physios have an issue with certain statements I've written on here. I wrote of how they boast to be educated to the level of an orthopaedic surgeon and they've taken exception to this. Like Cyber wrote before, if you're a certified physiotherapist, a patient would naturally expect you to perform the duties of a physiotherapist and physiotherapist only. I told him he shouldn't be tweaking frames or allowing patients to perform their own modifications without discretion of the doctor. He shouldn't be giving radiologists advice on how to perform a measurement because it is their first day at work. He took personal offence to all of my criticism. If that's the way people react to criticism here, then so be it. He said I have no right to post a lot of the things I have on here and I had to give a lesson on freedom of expression. This isn't old forum , guys, sorry.

Other patients were queried for their opinions on certain issues and everyone else was laconic during the meeting. I hate to be pinned as the downfall of their business, but if one negative review is enough to topple an entire operation, then it probably wasn't a sustainable operation to begin with. If everyone else is ecstatic with their results and the care they received while here, then let those individuals post of their experiences of their own liberty. That doesn't seem to be happening.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:01:21 PM by Polycrates. »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up