Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rationale for guys 5'10+ wanting LL?  (Read 789 times)

RB

Rationale for guys 5'10+ wanting LL?
« on: January 05, 2021, 06:02:35 AM »

I've been thinking about this a bit lately and was interested in hearing perspectives as I genuinely want to understand and get a better sense of why people 5'10+ for example wish to get LL (unless you live in Northern Europe etc).

At first when I heard about this surgery a few years ago I was angry and thought people in that height range wanting LL were making a mockery of the surgery when they don't really need it etc. But I am making an effort to understand different paradigms and perspectives as much as I can now.

For example, the reason I am getting this surgery is because at 5'4, I am objectively short everywhere I go and my experiences growing up and even currently, people will often make me aware / remind me I am short in the form of jokes etc. This is not something in my head, I have been shaped by my experiences of being this height, hence the desire for LL. I am quite confident that if I was 5'10+, hell even 5 '7, 5'8, I would never have stumbled across a forum for becoming taller as my life experiences and self-image would not have led me to this point. For example, I am quite lean and have never been fat in my life, hence the reason I have never googled or been on weight loss surgery forums looking for ways to lose weight because I have never had people call me fat and have never had that as part of my identity.

So this is more for guys in that upper 5 footer range, is it genuine height neurosis that you have and if so how did that start? Or is it just wanting to max out your attractiveness / image you portray to the world?

As I said I have zero issue with people of any height doing LL but I just genuinely want to understand how people at those heights even consider such a drastic surgery / find this forum.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Longer

Re: Rationale for guys 5'10+ wanting LL?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 11:22:39 AM »

Perhaps my view of things will help you. I am 5'10 (178cm during the day, since day/night differences seem to matter). I have never had any problems with my height in any aspect of my life. I am taken seriously at work and in my studies, and women call me attractive and good-looking, I also don't feel inferior to taller guys. But.
When I went out once, a lot of people had roller skates on (it was a theme party), so I borrowed some too. The feeling of suddenly being 10-15cm taller and towering over most people was incredibly good. Of course, I was only much taller than those who didn't have roller skates on, but it was really an eye-opening moment. It changes your own view of your social environment. So I think most people do it to be perceived differently and thus to perceive the world in a different way.
Unfortunately, the operation is very risky and rather not worth for me. To answer your question: For me it would be to max out my attractiveness since I can confidently say this is the only part about me where I am not above average. I know this is my subjective view but if it wasn't like that, my life wouldn't have been this nice so far.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 12:36:52 PM »

for me i started noticing only recently that i get strange looks from people from time to time.
they seem to feel sorry for me being so short. Most women think that im still in school and thats super fking annoying. Most Men often try to give me orders, so i have to tell them to stop.
If you re way shorter than the average height you will not be perceived like a man. its absolutely brutal.
In my country the average male height is 180cm. Therefore my goal is to reach 177cm. This would make me
already feel very good about myself. I am 170cm right now. Which is the average female height here. Its pretty bad when men tower over you no matter where you go and super hard to get a woman to like you. Its a brutal reality check and i cant understand why my mother settled for such a small man. now my life is way harder than other peoples lifes. being short sucks because of how society perceives short people, especially men! often time i wanna punch my parents!!! they have also given me a very strange name, fking  s! when i introduce myself i have to tell my name at least twice until they get it.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 08:25:50 PM »

They have also given me a very strange name, fking  s! when i introduce myself i have to tell my name at least twice until they get it.
You can easily change your name, if that bothers you.

RB

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:25:29 AM »

Yeah I understand the wanting to max out your attractiveness and be the best version of yourself. Those cases I understand the mindset somewhat.

I still don't understand the cases where people 5'10+ have proper height neurosis and how that even develops but I guess it's a body/self-image issue as well.
5'4" > 5'7.5"

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:49 AM »

You don't need to be short to have height neurosis and want to be taller. You don't need to be fat to have eating disorders and want to be skinnier despite being dangerously underweight. Plenty of skinny bony people think they are literally still fat and want to lose more weight.

Height neurosis can come at average or even tall heights.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

RB

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 11:28:56 PM »

You don't need to be short to have height neurosis and want to be taller. You don't need to be fat to have eating disorders and want to be skinnier despite being dangerously underweight. Plenty of skinny bony people think they are literally still fat and want to lose more weight.

Height neurosis can come at average or even tall heights.

Fair point. So would you say it’s more of an overall body dysmorphic issue at that height rather than pure height neurosis? I remember Paley saying it can happen at any height like you said though and I guess that’s one reason why most docs don’t have strict height limits for who can get LL.
5'4" > 5'7.5"

Longer

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 11:36:23 PM »

For me it would be solely for maxing out my looks.
I also think the reason why doctors have no height limit for their patients is that the taller a patient already is the more probable is he has longer femurs/tibias. If the femurs/tibias are already (relatively) longer, a lower percentage of the original bone length has to be lengthened to reach 6, 7 or 8cm height gain. Since it's common sense that lengthening a lower percentage results in less complications it's a win-win situation for the surgeon: He can claim to have less complications, a happy patient and earn money while doing that. That's just my non-professional opinion.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 04:06:24 AM »

Idk how it is in Europe, but I do think in America if your height starts with 6 (6 feet, 6'1, etc) it will probably help you in dating apps. Sad to say but its true. 5'10 guys don't need to lengthen as much, its safer/faster for them. Maybe in Europe girls want to see 180cm+?

5'10 guys are not mentally ill for wanting to be taller. Society is ill and dating app users are ill for considering them somewhat inferior to 6 foot guys in dating despite being practically the same size.

I support 5'10+ guys doing LL, I hope that we can make this forum feel welcome for them so they feel free to post diaries without judgement. Dr. Paley doesn't discriminate, he thinks that 5'10 and 5'11 patients should theoretically be better candidates in terms of safety.

It helps shorter guys too to get more info on doctors we could use more diaries on like Parihar. 5'10 guys can get a quick 2 inches done with Parihar relatively economically and safely with a doctor with decades of experience with complicated cases. And live in a nice hotel with hotel staff to help them the whole time due to India's lower hotel costs. I think its a great choice for them to become 6 feet tall without spending too much.

Though realistically in the forum's current culture, it is probably true that taller guys will get criticized less if they lie about their height and say they are 2-3 inches shorter in these diaries. If a 5'10 guy just lied and said he was 5'7 or 5'8 then the realistic truth is, he would be criticized less on this forum by shorter people
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:31:14 AM by SpeedDialer »

SpeedDialer

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 04:30:35 AM »

And I mean I pmuch think its worth it for 5'10 guys to do a quick 2 inches and become 6 feet. I think the average relationship length in USA is about 2-3 years and you may very well find yourself on a dating app again. Becoming 6 feet will help you on dating apps for the rest of your life, and its not like you'll have a second chance at life or being young to experience that.

And in the workforce promotions or choosing leaders, its sad to say but people prefer taller men too over average height men.

Right now, we have a relatively economical way to do internal stryde with Parihar a student of Paley. And somewhat more expensive options like Giotikas. But prices will probably increase in the future if someone waits longer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up