Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Normal proportions?  (Read 386 times)

sakmadik

• Visitor
Normal proportions?
« on: January 05, 2021, 09:40:05 PM »

Hello everyone I am a European guy in my mid 20s.
I would like to know a few things about the proportions and if they are normal for me. Like many here, I would like to do the operation sometime in my life.

My measurements are
Height :: 166.7cm
Wingspan :: 168cm
My tibia length: 36cm
My femur length: 41cm
My tibia-femur ratio: 0.87

What does that ratio mean? Short femurs?
Short tibias?
According to a video from Cyborg4life the normal ratio of the femur is-tibia should be 0.75

Personally I prefer not to put any photos of my physique (I hope you understand). But in general I see short legs but not a short segment in particular.

I hope you solve my doubts, thank you.

trunkmonkey

• Visitor
Re: Normal proportions?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 10:24:29 PM »

I've seen people say the only way you can get accurate measurements of the tibia and femur length is with an x-ray.

If those are accurate, you have much longer tibias than normal and should lengthen femurs. There is an observational study that shows the rates of arthritis are lowest at 0.80 ratio, and it is better to decrease this ratio rather than increase it.

sakmadik

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 08:23:12 PM »

I didn't know about the X-rays. Thanks for the information. Still I think my femurs are not long because my fingertips stay about 10 cm from the knee joint. I don't know if I will be providing the truth that I don't want to look like a clown on stilts if I ever manage to raise the money to have surgery.

trunkmonkey

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 09:46:56 PM »

I don't know what you mean about your fingertips staying 10cm from your knee joint.

If you want to see how you'd look, you can ask for a mock-up and there are some kind users who make them for others, you could also make it yourself if you search for a guide.

You'll need a photo of yourself from 2m away with your legs visible and a lengthening amount. A lot of people go for 8cm femurs.

8cm Femurs generally don't make people look like they're on stilts, but I suppose it's individual.
Pages: [1]   Go Up