Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Did Two Patients Experience Different Outcomes?  (Read 335 times)

Betall87

• Visitor
Why Did Two Patients Experience Different Outcomes?
« on: May 05, 2024, 02:00:43 PM »

Hey All,

I recently had surgery for LL LON tibia, performed by the same doctor, using the same methods, at the same hospital as someone else. We both began the lengthening process on the same day, with the same turn/speed, at 1ml per day. However, our recent scans revealed surprising results. While we were both supposed to gain 2 cm, I only gained 1.7 cm, whereas my counterpart gained exactly 2cm.

What could be the cause of this difference, and what explanations might there be?

markr09

Re: Why Did Two Patients Experience Different Outcomes?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 07:40:07 AM »

Possibly yours has some slight curvature, but that's something that your doctor should be able to determine. .3cm of curvature in only 2cm though, that's pretty drastic. My only other guess is that you thought you were lengthening 1mm per day but possibly a bit below that.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening / (183cm) 6' at max safe goal
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

akali

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 09:12:15 AM »

Yeah, I also think that you thought you are lengthening 1 mm a day but it can be less. maybe you didn't turn it all the way, for the LON method you should turn it 90 degrees.. the turn can be less than 90 degrees so that's why you couldn't reach what you suppose to reach. its just my opinion

Apart from that, it can be also about the osteotomy gap because when the bone broken, there will be a gap between the bones and you need to measure that as well. maybe yours was a little smaller than the other person.

And my last opinion is, but this one is unlikely to happen on the first X-ray. Your muscles and tendons may have more resistance than other people. that's also a possibility.

mirneeelnumber1ooye

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 06:12:58 PM »

Hey All,

I recently had surgery for LL LON tibia, performed by the same doctor, using the same methods, at the same hospital as someone else. We both began the lengthening process on the same day, with the same turn/speed, at 1ml per day. However, our recent scans revealed surprising results. While we were both supposed to gain 2 cm, I only gained 1.7 cm, whereas my counterpart gained exactly 2cm.

What could be the cause of this difference, and what explanations might there be?

what's the reason for this nitpicking, muh 1.7 cm muh 2 cm

you obviously didnt turn the wrench exactly 90 degrees every single time and thats fine boyo

when you come close to the end you will get a scan and then you have some more days to even out your legs or turn some more until you reach what you need to reach
LIKE A BAWSS
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64498.0
If anyone wants to visit me: put in your google maps 44°31'50.4"N 18°38'58.1"E
Pages: [1]   Go Up