Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeping Body Fit During Distraction Phase  (Read 507 times)

Megatron

Keeping Body Fit During Distraction Phase
« on: March 21, 2023, 10:32:20 PM »

Hello all, any past and current cosmetic limb lengthening patients here that were able to stay fit and keep their muscle mass, retain low body fat percentage during distraction, consolidation, or both phases throughout the process? If so is there anywhere on here that is a resource for a workout plan of what you'll be able to do throughout limb lengthening. I know everyone is not the same and can handle things differently but would like to get an idea of if its reasonably possible to still build muscle in upper body at least throughout lengthening or at least maintain what you have.

lessthanavg8300

Re: Keeping Body Fit During Distraction Phase
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 02:58:17 PM »

Hello all, any past and current cosmetic limb lengthening patients here that were able to stay fit and keep their muscle mass, retain low body fat percentage during distraction, consolidation, or both phases throughout the process? If so is there anywhere on here that is a resource for a workout plan of what you'll be able to do throughout limb lengthening. I know everyone is not the same and can handle things differently but would like to get an idea of if its reasonably possible to still build muscle in upper body at least throughout lengthening or at least maintain what you have.

Honestly I would just go for a bulking phase if anything and then cut later.  You're going to gain some body fat during the process.  But I had barely enough energy to even stretch through the day.  Adding weights on to that sounds like a lot.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Megatron

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 09:37:36 PM »

Makes sense. Thanks for your feedback.

Hagane

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 10:34:36 PM »

bro its absolutely doable

im doing about 5 workouts a week + stretching
a mix of weight machines and band workouts + walking in walker

as for nutrition protien 0.8-1.0g per lb of body weight

Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Megatron

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 07:34:28 PM »

bro its absolutely doable

im doing about 5 workouts a week + stretching
a mix of weight machines and band workouts + walking in walker

as for nutrition protien 0.8-1.0g per lb of body weight

Yeah i can see this. Everyone is different and theres lots of variables for example some patients bodys might not allow them to get the energy to workout while others could have an easier time and are super active. When you do your workouts I'm assuming you mean like lifting weights? if so you probably need to adjust your form right? Like making sure your legs aren't involved at all to prevent nail bending?

Hagane

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 09:35:16 PM »

Yeah i can see this. Everyone is different and theres lots of variables for example some patients bodys might not allow them to get the energy to workout while others could have an easier time and are super active. When you do your workouts I'm assuming you mean like lifting weights? if so you probably need to adjust your form right? Like making sure your legs aren't involved at all to prevent nail bending?

i wouldnt say adjust form as much as altered exercise choices. basically its a lot of machines than i can easily sit down on and get back up onto the walker. for dumbell exercised i need to scoot the weight bench all the way up to the db rack and essentially place them beside me, being careful not to smash my legs into them.

Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)
Pages: [1]   Go Up