Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did any of you try anything like GH before?  (Read 815 times)

NotTall84

Did any of you try anything like GH before?
« on: January 21, 2022, 05:40:53 AM »

Just curious if anyone on here tried stuff like straight GH or MK 677 while they were still growing in an attempt to gain height.

I remember trying things like GABA and other supplements in my late teens, early 20s in an attempt to grow taller.

There are a lot of supplements and products out there that supposedly can increase growth hormone. Have any of you folks tried them?

Sorcerer

Re: Did any of you try anything like GH before?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 05:49:21 AM »

I tried Glucosamine Sulphate pills but nothing happened and I found the resource had told me that those pills can only just decompress the spinal discs to make you taller so the effects won't be permanent. Just another gimmick.
GH can't adapt to anyone. If you are not abnormally short like under -2SD of the average height of your country according to the growth reference then doctors won't inject GH into you and maybe just give pieces of advice for you to grow taller and that is also kinda costly, at least in China only middle-class+ families can afford the total expenses.
Let's just say only LL can permanently grow us taller and do never think about other gimmicks, the saddest part of the whole story.

NotTall84

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 06:00:17 AM »

I do not mean now as fully grown adults, I meant while we still had the potential to grow.

Glucosamine can help keep your joints healthy and well-lubricated. I take 1500mg everyday in a product called Now Joint Support Powder.

I can say for sure that spinal compression has an effect on my height because when i use an inversion table for back pain, I measure a good 1/2 inch taller. If only there was a way to keep that extra height, lol 😂.

I have read of younger men in their late teens taking MK 677 and growing a few inches. If they would have grown without it is anyone's guess, but I think being pro-active is smart.

Sorcerer

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 06:09:36 AM »

I know, so that's why I gotta point out Gluocosamine can only decompress your discs, instead of gaining you actual growth.
But actually I forgot to mention exercises won't influence on your growth and growth process and the opposite conclusions are not evidence-based, just all the time self-assertions based on their personal experiences and observations so doing exercises like jumping, running, skipping or similar stuffs can gain your more growth is not research-based.(all quoted from an American reference book about maturing and growing taller)
I tried jumping per day for 200-300 times and at times in addition to skipping without rope but now that I knew others are foxing me to do that kind of exericses to grow taller I turned to hate the world and everytime I retrospect to those stupid movements I will get pissed off cuz I was such a fool back then.

NotTall84

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 06:44:01 AM »

Those exercises probably made your bones stronger. Jumping is one of the best things for bone density.

I am 35 and roughly 5'9. I would like to be at least 6ft but I am really afraid of LL and the recovery after.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 08:42:19 PM »

I'm pretty curious about using GH during the consolidation phase to speed up recovery.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

NotTall84

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 07:07:28 AM »

Thats a great idea, but I assume most surgeons would disapprove and it may cause problems with them and their decision to carry out a procedure.

I know certain supplements like cissus and l-carnitine can speed up bone healing. It would probably be a good idea to take them after a LL surgery. Collagen would help as well.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 07:48:01 AM »

Thats a great idea, but I assume most surgeons would disapprove and it may cause problems with them and their decision to carry out a procedure.

I know certain supplements like cissus and l-carnitine can speed up bone healing. It would probably be a good idea to take them after a LL surgery. Collagen would help as well.

Would there even be any conceivable problems? I can't imagine any issues from GH during consolidation.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

zaozari

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 08:06:39 PM »

Would there even be any conceivable problems? I can't imagine any issues from GH during consolidation.
"Instinctively" I would like to be given GH also during lengthening, it just really helps.
But any hormone intake can potentially cause serious problems. Hormonal (endocrine) system is very complex and all hormones are directly or indirectly related and together with the nervous system, to which they are also "coupled", are the real "masters" of our bodies.
The less important, but real effect, depending on dosis, would be some growth in ears and nose.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 08:27:39 PM »

"Instinctively" I would like to be given GH also during lengthening, it just really helps.
But any hormone intake can potentially cause serious problems. Hormonal (endocrine) system is very complex and all hormones are directly or indirectly related and together with the nervous system, to which they are also "coupled", are the real "masters" of our bodies.
The less important, but real effect, depending on dosis, would be some growth in ears and nose.

I would have to ask the surgeon after I'm finished lengthening what he thinks, but I'm optimistic about it.

Future space tycoon

zaozari

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 08:36:33 PM »

I would have to ask the surgeon after I'm finished lengthening what he thinks, but I'm optimistic about it.
But why do you say just after finish lenghtening? As far as I read it also stimulates osteoblasts formation in the bone callus, during lenghtening.  If you produce less osteoblasts during lenghtening, its hardening may become slower and won't contribute to more elongation. .

Sorcerer

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 08:44:26 PM »

But why do you say just after finish lenghtening? As far as I read it also stimulates osteoblasts formation in the bone callus, during lenghtening.  If you produce less osteoblasts during lenghtening, its hardening may become slower and won't contribute to more elongation. .
I agree. Dunno why since he finished lengthening he still considered it worthwhile to throw that question to his surgeon. But I think GH is not the only 'magic medicine' to accelerate the recovery even though it could and there are already other options for patients to speed up the recovery.
And I gotta admire your enthusiasms and dedications into osteotomy

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2022, 11:12:32 PM »

I would be concerned that GH would cause preconsolidation, but, you're right. I'll ask.

Future space tycoon

zaozari

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2022, 11:19:27 PM »

I would be concerned that GH would cause preconsolidation, but, you're right. I'll ask.
Yes, it's worth questioning, I wasn't too concerned as I am not very young.

zaozari

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2022, 07:55:01 PM »

I will have a consultation with a local orthopedic doctor just to have his advice on several issues about LL, altough he doesn't do ''cosmetic'' surgery.
One of the questions I intend to make is if it makes sense and when to use GH.
Have you had any further info on that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up