Limb Lengthening Surgery > Height & Proportions

Is 7 cm bad idea for tibia?

(1/3) > >>

Samuel:
Hi everyone. My height is 176 cm and I am going to do only one surgery and I want to lengthen 7 cm for tibias, would it be a disproportional?

AnotherLLer:
Depends on your current proportions. If your tibia is relatively short compared to your femur and upper body, then it can be done, albeit with much effort and risks. Also, consider being in frames for about 11-14 months for that amount of lengthening if not considering LON or LATN.

I myself have short tibia and short starting height to begin with. That's why I'm shooting about 7 cm and am mentally ready to remain in frames for that long time as doing LON or LATN is more invasive and costly.

Samuel:
I am going to do it using LON and yes + 7 cm for my body and legs looks normal even more then 7 cm looks mormal but 7 cm is max safe limit

AnotherLLer:
Max safe limit is more like between 5-6 cm but if you push harder 7 cm can be done.

LON is more invasive and has risks of permanent knee pain but I understand that being in frames for almost 14 months is mentally exhausting so if you have funds then go for it.

But you have a pretty good starting height and 4-5 cm pure external would suffice which can be done in 6-8 months without LON or LATN. Much safe than 7 cm and doing LON.

markr09:
Can do it, but recommended is 5-6. But afaicr Bodybuilder pushed 3 inches and is quite fine, so yes it's still possible but usually will depend. IMO proportions would still be your limiting factor, if you have short tibias and lengthen at that and be within the range of proportion for tibia:femur, then go ahead if you can. I personally have long tibias, short femurs(still longer than tibias) and a long torso, so my calves look quite big, so I plan to do this surgery on my femurs.

Hard limit will be as long as your tibia is still shorter than your femurs, if you go past that, it'll just look very weird esp considering it's very rare to have longer tibias than femurs. In fact, it's actually not recommended to have longer tibias than femurs: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26398436/#:~:text=Discussion%3A%20Increasing%20tibia%20length%20relative,the%20normal%20ratio%20of%200.80.

No matter how much you want to grow taller, minimize the risk of your mobility and plausible joint problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version