Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reality Check: How do you measure your height?  (Read 1359 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
Reality Check: How do you measure your height?
« on: April 22, 2023, 01:51:21 AM »

I am a deep researcher into height whereby I have learned some basic statistic knowledges, and I found out 99% of people did not know how to measure their heights accurately.

The accurate way is to face towards a wall, then cap a hard object like box, triangle, etc. on your head against the wall and then draw a line below the object, finally use a tape to measure the height as your height, or you can use an anthropometric meter to measure your height.

My results were 162cm at night by both of the ways, but sometimes my height would go down to 161.5cm idk why, but after resting for a while, my height will go back to 162cm. So, I'd say my height is 100% legit solid 162-163cm. I can see many girls who are shorter than me even in Shanghai everytime I take a stroll outside(but yeah, many girls are also significantly taller than me lol. There are many hot tall girls at the level of female model here), but on China's Internet, even 162-163cm is very short for a girl and I've known of another deep researcher like me whose height was 2cm lower than the height he measured by comparing his height to the one of the upper side of windowsill, so these can shed a light on the fact that 99% of people really do not know how to measure height and do not know about height, as well as the dishonesty.
These also explain to a great degree why people always think the height data are deflated, because of Retinal Effect, as well as their ignorances of height measurement as well as the knowledges about height, and of course they do not know about Statistics either.

I'd say, 178cm measured by this way is lowkey tall or even just tall in China, average in Europe and giant in Southeast Asia. If your height is 180+cm measured by this way but you are still thinking you are short, either be you living in Germany/the Netherlands or you are suffering from severe Cognitive Dissonance(a term misused in the incel forums). Girls will also tend to think you as 180+cm and by wearing an insole, your height will even be perceived as 183-185cm or so. Girls tend to inflate man's height. 180+cm measured by this way will endorse being average in every region you can go to on this planet. I am saying this because I've seen multiple men over 180cm considering LL, I still gotta say this will really be not worth it! You should never obsess over your height and work on other aspects of your life.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Reality Check: How do you measure your height?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 04:36:06 AM »

Take pictures on the sidewalks and post them here.  I want to see all these tall Chineses you tell us about.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 06:50:40 AM »

Take pictures on the sidewalks and post them here.  I want to see all these tall Chineses you tell us about.
It's still not 'that' common to see tall hotties. I was just saying the frequency of encountering with them is significantly higher than the one in common regions.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 05:01:39 PM »

Indeed; the statistics and what you perceive to be real when walking down the street are two very different things.

+1

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

Omar

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 11:52:15 AM »

Hello to you,

so I'm 182-183cm in the morning and 180-181cm (closer to 181) in the evening. I am currently going through a depression because of my height because I find myself small although when I walk in the street but I am far from being the smallest. Before let's say when I was 23 years old I measured myself in the morning and i was close to 184 cm with a stadiometer. today I do not even reach 183 cm. Returning to the subject currently LL is not successful enough. If I did the operation for 4.5 cm, do I find my walk? Will my physical capacity return 2-3 years after surgery? Currently I do not see much positive effect on this operation except the size gain. Well I can't imagine if there are any complications.

I'm trolling, thank you in advance for your answers.

Omar

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 12:00:09 AM »

i'm not trolling *
Pages: [1]   Go Up