Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could I still grow?  (Read 3667 times)

llx54511

• Saul
Could I still grow?
« on: December 26, 2014, 06:50:26 AM »

I'm at 4.2 on the tanner puberty calculator. I'm 17 and go from just under 5'4 in morning to just over 5'3 at throughout the day. My mother is between 5'1-'2 however my father is right under 6 feet at about 5'11. My doctor said I should've at least reached 5'8. That makes sense as I have a 68.5in wingspan which is about 5'8.5. I have a nice chin strap and my cheek hair is starting to fill in. Basically the beard is taking shape however I still cannot grow a full beard. When I compare my upper body to a few classmates that have are also short around my height, I notice that I have a significantly wider/bulkier frame than them. I plan on lengthening femurs in early June 2015 as I'll be done with high school. Unfortunately I don't believe reaching 5'6-7 would be worth the all pain and costs of LL. And standing at a towering 5'4 I would have to lengthen 10 cm to reach 5'8. At least with that I can be 5'9 with shoes and with lifts I can stand confidently between 5'10-11. However I hope that I still have some growth left in my legs and that along with an expected torso growth spurt I hope I can reach at least 5'5-6. With that as my starting height I can lengthen the recommended 7.5cm and safely reach 5'8; 5'9 if I'm able to reach 5'6. Then I'd be 5'10 with shoes and for the f*ck of it if I decided to wear lifts (on occasion) I would stand at 5'11.

P.S. - You can call me Saul.
Morning: ~162cm
Night: ~161cm
Wingspan: 174cm
Realistic Goal: 172cm
Ultimate Goal: ~177cm

llx54511

• Saul
Re: Could I still grow?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 07:27:18 AM »

With HGH could I possibly max out any growth I have left in my legs if any? Also despite my relatively long wingspan in comparison to my height, my hands/fingers are small and childlike, would HGH make then noticeably bigger/longer? And finally would HGH increase my abdomen/chest size and increase my torso length? (Considering I'm still relatively young and am not finished with puberty)
Morning: ~162cm
Night: ~161cm
Wingspan: 174cm
Realistic Goal: 172cm
Ultimate Goal: ~177cm

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 11:02:44 PM »

If you want to be more accurate, ask your parent's spurt patterns, it usually correlated to most of their children. If you have a chance, make the fullest out of it; but otherwise, your body already knows how much your bones will lengthening since you were a zygote.

Is it possible? yes. 100%? no. All you can do is let your cells do the work for you. Don't worry too much, but wait until 25 if you really want to see for sure. Growth can never be enhanced, but only stunted. Even when growth plates are present, that only means a guarantee, some people don't even grow when there are plates.

During that time, invest in other areas of your life. Depending on what your body developed and who you become, you will have the knowledge and resources as to whether or not LL is the right choice.
5"6 and proud

Outgrown

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 11:06:16 PM »

HGH will have no effect once your growth plates close in the areas of choice. Plus, you can most likely get LL with the total cost of HGH
5"6 and proud

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:07:29 AM »

If you are a 4.2 on the tanner scale, you'll probably grow another inch--maybe even two, if you are lucky. Go ahead and get 8 cm on your femurs and then another 6-7 cm on your tibias (possibly up to 8 cm with a good doctor). Then you'll be 5'10. I'd forget about HGH--it only really works if you have an hgh deficiency.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 12:48:44 AM »

from my experience, GH does nothing much. it just makes u get whatever growth u have, come faster. UNLESS u are gh deficient...
what u can do... this is all experimental becos i was in ur situation once....
start GH or IGF-1 therapy..
same time, get some aromatase inhibitor (eg, tamoxifen); they inhibit estrogen
thus, your growth plates are KEPT OPEN for a longer time..
pls see a good endocrine doc... i was unfortunate to have seen a lousy one.. try one who is willing to work with u!

Outgrown

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 12:08:14 AM »

Check your proportions - are your tibias/forearms longer than they should be? That normally indicates out to in growth patterns, but otherwise, you should lengthen in the spine.
5"6 and proud

ItsMyLife

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 01:08:29 AM »

Check your proportions - are your tibias/forearms longer than they should be? That normally indicates out to in growth patterns, but otherwise, you should lengthen in the spine.

u mean if tibia are long, it means growth might still occur?

Outgrown

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 01:29:52 AM »

u mean if tibia are long, it means growth might still occur?

Likely, it depends on your unique proportion in each pubertal stage. If you've had long tibias in each stage, chances are you will remain that way. Otherwise from different lengths and the "halfway mark rule", growth is likely.
5"6 and proud

ReadRothbard

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 02:41:11 AM »

I actually have some possible good news for you! According I this website, growth is actually fastest during tanner scale 4--at about 10 cm per year. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that is the case for you, but it seems very likely that you will at least grow another 2 inches, possibly much more!

I hope you grow, man! It was really dissapointkng for me when I didn't grow at all during puberty beyond maybe 3 cm, and I don't want to see that happen to someone else.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 08:09:50 AM »

which is why, please look into anti-estrogens
they will make growth paltes open for as long as u can...
tamoxifen and the aromatase inhibtors..
i was STUPID not to have done all those i cud have been much taller..
i was just sitting on my hands waiting for a miracle to happen AND yes nothing happenned.
speak to an endocrinologist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up