Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone did precise tibias with Dr. Giotikas?  (Read 525 times)

SpeedDialer

Anyone did precise tibias with Dr. Giotikas?
« on: September 18, 2022, 10:04:02 AM »

1. Did you need to stay in Athens for 6 months?

2. Did you stay at Montaza or the Hyatt he sends the nurses to for 6 months?

I haven't found anyone who did internal tibias with Dr. Giotikas yet

OzBoy39

Re: Anyone did precise tibias with Dr. Giotikas?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 03:18:53 PM »

There's at least 3 patients right now who have precice in their tibias. I know 2 of them personally but I don't think they're on this forum.

Anyway one of them is returning home next week so essentially 4 weeks after surgery. So I believe it is possible to leave early provided you have some help (he's got his fiancee here to help him).

Re nurses. Yes they'll come as much as you need and want them to come (many patients at some point prefer to do things themselves.... like myself, although I got a G-nail).

The guy who's leaving next week with precice on his Tibia is pretty independent in the day to day things. He can stand and hop with the walker inside his room, so even with precice you have some minimal bearing that allows you to do essential things (although really carefully).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 05:30:00 PM by OzBoy39 »
Going for femur bilateral G-Nail with Dr. Giotikas.
Starting height 164cm. Goal 172 to 174cm

sy1555

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 05:40:43 PM »

I am also interested in doing precise with giotaks. but I would like to ask why you are planning to do precise on tibia?

sy1555

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 05:47:59 PM »

There's at least 3 patients right now who have precice in their tibias. I know 2 of them personally but I don't think they're on this forum.

Anyway one of them is returning home next week so essentially 4 weeks after surgery. So I believe it is possible to leave early provided you have some help (he's got his fiancee here to help him).

Re nurses. Yes they'll come as much as you need and want them to come (many patients at some point prefer to do things themselves.... like myself, although I got a G-nail).

The guy who's leaving next week with precice on his Tibia is pretty independent in the day to day things. He can stand and hop with the walker inside his room, so even with precice you have some minimal bearing that allows you to do essential things (although really carefully).
Thank you for the information. Has anyone who has had precise here had any serious complications?

OzBoy39

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 06:33:36 PM »

Thank you for the information. Has anyone who has had precise here had any serious complications?

Not that I know of. The 3 current patients that are doing precice now, they are absolutely fine. I didn't hear any other bad stories during these weeks but I'm not sure about past patients. I'll ask the PT guys tomorrow and see what they say.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 08:47:52 PM »

If someone doesn't have help at home, do internal tibia patients generally spend 6 months in Athens?

OzBoy39

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 10:42:10 PM »

Personally I would say Yes. 

The range of mobility you seem to have with precice is really....really limited. I wouldn't risk doing that solo...in my own house. 

It would be super interesting to know if there is someone who did that and what his experience and struggles were

Ozzi6557

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022, 05:34:00 AM »

Next week, on the 28th of the month, I'm doing tibia precise 2, with Dr. Giotikas, if you want, I'll let you know how it goes

1team

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 07:35:35 AM »

Next week, on the 28th of the month, I'm doing tibia precise 2, with Dr. Giotikas, if you want, I'll let you know how it goes

Didn't you recently recover from an infection with Dr Buldu? How are you managing to get straight into tibia lengthening with precise? Are you concerned about breaking the nails?

Ozzi6557

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 09:28:02 AM »

Didn't you recently recover from an infection with Dr Buldu? How are you managing to get straight into tibia lengthening with precise? Are you concerned about breaking the nails?

I did recover from the infection.  And if you enter my diary you will see the video that I am back to running.  You can say that I have recovered 100 percent.  And I'm ready for Tibia!  Indeed, I am a little afraid of breaking a nail, but Dr. Giotikas told me that according to my x-rays, he can put the large precise 12.5 mm nail.  Which will lower the chance of breaking the nail, in any case I plan to be very careful to avoid breaking the nail

sy1555

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2022, 11:57:57 AM »

Not that I know of. The 3 current patients that are doing precice now, they are absolutely fine. I didn't hear any other bad stories during these weeks but I'm not sure about past patients. I'll ask the PT guys tomorrow and see what they say.
Thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up