Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Precise 2.2 Femur (March 2023) Journal  (Read 4940 times)

ballsackoffury123

Re: Precise 2.2 Femur (March 2023) Journal
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2023, 01:23:52 AM »

This nerve pain is still terrible. Makes sleeping difficult, like hard to fall asleep, and just getting bad sleep. I will say in the 2 days of "vacation", it healed up very quickly. Gives me hope that once I stop lengthening, the body will recover quickly. For now, I'm restarting at 0.75. I realize if i sleep on my right side, the nerve pain isnt as bad, but I need a softer bed. Luckily my bed is flippable, the softer side on the bottom right now. I'll flip it and try sleeping on the softer side tonight, on my side, and see how that goes.

I did the math and realize if i stay at 0.75 for the rest of the course vs 1mm, I'm adding 16 extra lengthening days. Which isn't that bad tbh, I might just keep at 0.75 if thats what my body can handle.

Yau

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2023, 01:34:19 AM »

If keeping on 0.75mm, your nerve pain is reduced and improved, it is worth waiting 16 days more. How about your dr ‘s opinion? Painkillers and other meds cannot help u to manage the nerve pain?

..height...loading....

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2023, 05:28:02 AM »

hey, any updates? i'm debating going with either dr d or dr m in the coming months, and i'm leaning towards dr d mostly due to cost

ballsackoffury123

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2023, 05:44:14 AM »

yeah i mean surgery-wise he's as good as any US doctor (at least for femurs, not sure about tibias). His credentials speaks for himself and he does surgery monday, wednesday, and friday, mostly non cosmetic spinal surgery. He does a pretty neat suture technique where you don't scar as much.

Vegas is cheap, I stayed at an airbnb for 2k a month most surgery and left to go back home 3 weeks post surgery. I think the main thing he lacks is checking up on you. You just have to be diligent in sending him your X-rays, making the appointments, and asking questions. Notify him of pain and call the office to get your prescriptions sent. I'm not sure how other clinics are like, but I wish they were more involved in it, like me having a direct line access to the doctor would be nice. I have to go through his secretary which can take a while sometimes. But at the end of the day, if you're diligent post surgery, I think it's a good choice.

..height...loading....

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2023, 06:24:39 PM »

as far as accommodations, i've been looking at the Residence Inn by Marriott Las Vegas Airport due to free breakfast, kitchen, and proximity to airport. that a good location as far as hospital (can you confirm it is sunrise hospital?) and PT (where is that?)

thanks and please keep posting!

ballsackoffury123

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2023, 08:28:21 PM »

PT is at where the limbplastx clinic is at (same plaza diff building). Honestly I feel like a large private airbnb is better than hotels, I went to a guys hotel and he paid a lot more, and his space was tiny. I had a whole house to move my wheelchair around and pretty comfortable, he had like a small suite.
And if you really do care about location, youd rather be closer to PT than the hospital. You go to the hospital once, why does it even matter you're close to it. It's 1 Uber ride away and you wont go back. Food you can easily prepare with a Costco spree prior to the surgery. Lots of microwavable food and fruits and snacks and what not. Like you can even cook fine after the surgery. I just use dishwasher because washing dishes will be annoying. I litearlly had 0 care taker, and was by myself, and I was 100% fine.

dragonslayer

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2023, 03:21:34 AM »

Hi, how is your nerve pain going?

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2023, 03:22:32 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up