Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2017 paper showing results from Precice 2 [doesn't look very promising]  (Read 934 times)

alps

It's by Dr. Lee: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654310/

The scary part to me was reading that 14 Precice 2 nails out of 46 had a "breakage of rotation coupling". I am not very sure what that means, but the obvious meaning is that the two broken bone segments might not stay rotationally aligned.

So while doing femur lengthening, if this complication happened, if you "twist" your tibia (with your hands), the upper part of the femur might not also twist equally?

I hope I am wrong.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:11:21 AM by alps »

alps

Re: 2017 paper showing results from Precice 2 [doesn't look very promising]
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 08:06:45 AM »

I read through the paper again and the defect above was categorized as a "problem" (there are 3 grades of issues: "problem", "obstacle" and "complication" in that increasing order of severity). So maybe it wasn't that big a deal.

psilocybe

Re: 2017 paper showing results from Precice 2 [doesn't look very promising]
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »

"Several limitations should be mentioned. First, PRECICE2 has been revised up to version 2.3 which tried to upgrade the mechanical strength and stability. The next versions of the product family after PRECICE2 are not included in this study." "From March 2010 to March 2014"

I have to imagine it's been improved...
Pages: [1]   Go Up