Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Leechlet Internal Femur 2014 Dr Guichet  (Read 139027 times)

leechlet

Re: Leechlet Internal Femur 2014 Dr Guichet
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2014, 11:20:22 AM »

ust a quick update,

The screw problem on the right is no longer causing pain, or at least not as much. It's still harder to click the right than the left, but no where near as bad as a week and half ago.

Right now, I have bigger problems to worry about. I lost over 10% body weight. It's weird, bc despite getting LLing and gettting Julia back (if u've been following my channel, i started talking to my college sweetheart again, the girl i got LL for), i am depressed and lack energy all the time. This is partially psychological as I ran out of things to live for and need to make new goals, but it's mostly due to the fact that my body has lost a tremendous amount of mass. Dr Guichet said that if this continues, i am at risk for suicide.

I asked for anti depressants, but he said the best thing is to EAT MORE and MOVE MORE. to be honest, i have been skipping trainning a lot to be in bed all day listening to sad music and contemplating my life and sleep. i don't even have any interest in women anymore. i can't even finish one campaign on SC2, something i used to be able to play 14 hrs a day.

this is why i haven't been posting. i just want to be alone. i feel tired and weak. i am no longer in pain, and stopped pain medication long ago. i feel like a teenager again, a pre adolesence teenager. i appreciate music 18973457432975x more than before.

i am determined to slowly gain back my weight and keep up with the rehab routine. i have been rlly behind the trainning, but dr guichet thinks i can still get to 10cm if i get my shi* together NOW. and you bet i will. all my life, things have been handed to me. all my life, i put blame on others. my parents would've paid for any LL doctor I asked for. i got Julia back, she who accepted me when i was short and now supports me despite not agreeing to this contraversial surgery. and yet, i lay wasted in the battlefield.

it's time to GET BACK UP. it's time to FIGHT BACK

just watch me. i have everything i asked for on paper. if i fail now, there's no one to blame but myself. this is my hour of EVOLUTION. i will come back to my family and beautiful Julia, not just 10cm taller, but a much stronger and more compassionate person. this is not given to me. this is something i have to earn for myself
"I feel that no matter what I choose to become, I believe that I can change the world. And as I am striving to change the world, I will be happy." -- Sam Berns

antoky

« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »

Hey, dude...don't think anymore about 10 cm!...instead, think about every click and exercise and eating and resting you have to put in actual practice and in concrete now..here and now...so go for just these four things!
They will lead you to your goal or very close to it.
We cheer for you, Leechlet!

P.S.: Dr Guichet should re-evaluate all his psychological evaluation stuffs with dr Bisagni :)...his psychiatrist would go mad with you, my friend!
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (Gandhi)

leechlet

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2014, 07:35:25 AM »

Hey, thanks guys for reading and replying to my posts! Thanks Apotheosis for your masterful advise! I was going to re-raise Guichet for another barrel until I read your message. It's interesting how calmly he took the whole thing. He told me how he spent one hr arguing on the phone with a patient and how my explosions are normal and in my opinion shorter in time cost and my arguments are much more rational.

Anyhow, I feel rlly happy this morning.  Cheesy It is 8AM. I am gonna make a vid to capture this too, but I just felt like posting. I dont feel depressed anymore. I did a lot of mental rewiring in the last few days. Am i still underweight? Am I still suffering from bad sleep quality? Am I still handicapped? Yes, all these conditions are still true...

So what changed?

Well, let me start off by saying that 6 month ago, if I was to write a list of all my goals on a paper, it would look like this:
1. get LL (somehow, I don't know how I will pay for it)
2. get a girl who compliments me
3. contribute something unique to this world
4. win the World Series of Poker

Now, today I have
1. gotten LL, to all the terms and conditions i specified
2. gotten not only A girl, but THE girl back --> Julia  Cool
3. did the first extensive Vlog of LL soon to be keyword indexed to show up front on youtube when searching "limb lengthening". see if my silicon valley friends can top that.  Grin okay sure, they have companies. but i am the only guy i know doing LLing, let alone documenting it
4. still have to win the WSOP. but that's gonna have to wait until 2015 at least i think, probably never...

So basically on paper i gotten a lot of the things I wanted, but I still felt empty. I caught myself wishing that:
1. I owned a large company like my friends and more importantly my dad, who always overshadowed me
2. changed the world in doing so. that's something my dad can't claim
3. etc etc

You get the point. And then, I was like "hold up dude, wtf!" i mean, seriously. i spent the last half a decade or so pursing my previous goals. and now that i've gotten it, i am just gonna move on and not care about LL anymore? i realized that success in achieving my goals brought MUCH LESS lasting happiness than i expected. in total, getting my wishes probably brought me no more than 50 hours of happiness. so i spent 100k for 50 hours of happiness.... that's like Paris Hilton number!!

so i decided to change my strategy in life. i decided that i need to learn to appreciate what i have more. i think it's more than luck that my helper Wilbert is a poor but deeply religious man. he is someone who has nothing and yet appreciates everything, and so he is very content inside. i am like almost the opposite. i was always that brat who screamed and then got things my way. i bend ppl to my will. for example, the psychologist thought given time, i wouldn't need to get LL. but i MADE SURE he moved out of my way. that's my style. i distort reality. i am never contented. i am always seeking the next high and taking shots. which is fine, i think. but there's has to be a balance. basically, i made a conscious decision that i am not going to wait until i achieved my next goal before i can be happy. i can be happy NOW

i wake up and go to sleep thinking of all the good things i have NOW. and i bask myself in this moment to remember that yes, despite being handicapped, i am sooo lucky to purse my dream at such a young age, even if my dream turned out to be a lot tougher than i thought. but i thought back to my tough times in life, and i realized that some of my happiest moments where when things didn't go smoothly and easily. those were the moments i rlly dailed in and evolved. watching my surgery vids, it now puts a smile on my face. sure, it was some hard days, but it fundamentally changed me, put a new level of fearlessness in an already loose aggressive player, and gotten me the courage to get Julia back.

in life, i realized that things come and go sooo fast. before i know it, i will be back in Cali starting my own company. and then a little while later, i'll get married. and maybe my company will go public. i start a charity, and then... soon i will age and pass away. such was my dream. life is not a waiting game, but a game of finding the good and getting the most out of every opportunity. i can never be immortal, although that had always been my highest ambition. but i realized that real immortality is when i can seize the moment and fully embrace myself in that experience, no matter the experience. we r just random creatures traveling though a giant bread of time and space. a very thin slice of time and space...

today is Feb 10th. i am going to go to the Isokinetic Center instead of skipping it. i am going to smile at all the ppl in there who r recovering just like i am. i embrace that Guichet's exercises r long and hard, and i prob will not complete all of it. but i will smile knowing that i have pushed harder today than i did a few days ago, and in a few days i will be doing his rehab program 100%. i am going to come back home and take the best nap of my life, knowing that i gave it all. i will smiling knowing that with each stretch and each turn of the bike wheel, i will retire my hatred for my old self. and that's rlly what this journey is all about. with each click, i repent for being such an ungrateful person. it's like going to prison. it's hard but it's also a glorious experience. today is Feb 10th. today is going to be the best day of my life.  Wink
"I feel that no matter what I choose to become, I believe that I can change the world. And as I am striving to change the world, I will be happy." -- Sam Berns

mediocre

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2014, 11:09:42 PM »

Hi Chris, would you mind posting the cellphone screen capture again cuz it's too small on my monitor. Or just write your conversation with Dr Paley if it's not much trouble. Thanks bro.

Now at the time I found this logical and went to Pilates for a while to increase my flexibility. However, when I contacted Dr. Paley about my meeting with Dr. Guichet, this is what he told me.

Smallguy

« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2014, 04:39:19 AM »

ust a quick update,

The screw problem on the right is no longer causing pain, or at least not as much. It's still harder to click the right than the left, but no where near as bad as a week and half ago.

Right now, I have bigger problems to worry about. I lost over 10% body weight. It's weird, bc despite getting LLing and gettting Julia back (if u've been following my channel, i started talking to my college sweetheart again, the girl i got LL for), i am depressed and lack energy all the time. This is partially psychological as I ran out of things to live for and need to make new goals, but it's mostly due to the fact that my body has lost a tremendous amount of mass. Dr Guichet said that if this continues, i am at risk for suicide.

I asked for anti depressants, but he said the best thing is to EAT MORE and MOVE MORE. to be honest, i have been skipping trainning a lot to be in bed all day listening to sad music and contemplating my life and sleep. i don't even have any interest in women anymore. i can't even finish one campaign on SC2, something i used to be able to play 14 hrs a day.

Listening to sad music, lost of sexual interest, not playing SC2 anymore. Wow, I'm seeing many elements from my own personal life so I can totally relate to how you feel... except at least you got your girl back. Too bad she can't visit you in your condition.

It's amazing to see the kinds of things Dr. Guichet can put up with. He's definitely a great doctor, if not the best in the world. You're in good hands. Even if you close your eyes at this point and breeze through your 10cm, you will still be fine in the end. So I wouldn't worry.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

leechlet

« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2014, 04:08:46 PM »

Hey, thanks guys for the encouragements and advice!

Today is the first day I completed all my training. I am starting to eat a lot more and actually gained back 1kg. My mood is a lot better and I sleep better and my nerve problem is a lot better now. I guess in hindsight, I should've followed directions more closely. I didn't think the exercies would be important. After all, I was tired and depressed and just wanted to sleep all day. How would come stupid workout possibly help, I thought? But I admit that my intuition was wrong this time... big time.

It wasn't until I started having nerve problems last week that I started to take guichet;s protocols more seriously. I was annoyed at Dr Guichet bc he seems to fuss about every little detail. I didn't see the point of it. But then I saw the other LLers and this girl even at 8.5cm, she could close her legs and was in a much better shape than I was. Same was true for others too. That's when it hit me... I seem to be the only one having nerve problems at only 3.5cm. Coincidentally, i am also the only one who ditch the Isokinetic Center more often than I ditched class in college. In fact, dr guichet said out of his 500 patients, I am one in TEN patients who couldn't close his leg at mere 3.5cm. That's pretty harsh. That's when i realized that I need to step up my game.

Damnit, I guess i was wrong. But that's okay. I was under a lot of emotional stress and depression and under such mental conditions, cognitive functions may be impaired. I am beginning to understand Dr Guichet better now. Make no mistake this guy is strict as hell. But his patients that I seen have all been getting rlly good results with no complications, and to be fair he rlly takes his time to answer my emails and calls. I think the advantage of using Guichet is taht he side steps major complications such as paralysis and such by controlling every aspect of the LL and using rigorous exercise programs for muscle adaptation. The disadvantage is that it's a lot of effort, and I definitely wasn't prepared for it. He is like the strictest parent ever, but that seems to get results.

Now, my mood have stablized and i have finally accepted the reality that I am not going to be spending the next 2-3 month playing games, and going back to the US 10cm taller like a boss. I accept the reality that I have to WORK and WORK every day, but this will allow me to return to walking and normal activities almost as soon as I stop lengthening. All in all, i think this journey had been hard bc no body in my life had pushed me as hard as Dr Guichet. In my state of instability, I just wanted to rebel. But that's normal, according to him. He said that ppl undergoing LL return to a child's state of mind.

PS. I shot some vids with dr guichet in a restruant yesterday. I say a lot of cra* about him, so I thought it was fair if he gets to share his view too. I think reality is always somewhere in the middle. In order to have a complete picture of the reality of LL, u have to listen to many different sides. U have heard my side, now I think he deserves to have his side heard too. I don't agree or disagree with him. I think he have many valid points. but i also think my emotional reactions were valid too given how much happened in the last few weeks.

leechlet

« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »

I came across this vid today. It was TOO epic that I could never make something better. They say good artist create, but great artist steal. So i am gonna just post this vid bc it pretty much summarizes what i am going through in the last few weeks better than anything I've made so far. I came into this journey as a young and totally immature guy. To be honest, most LLers I know have a much easier time than me. THat's bc in addition to adapting to my new height, I also had to do a TON of mental adaptation, maturing in a few weeks probably what I would otherwise do in YEARS.

I feel myself going insane sometimes bc my internal mental system is quickly breaking down and remaking itself to handle the new stress load that the 22 yo immature Leechlet who started this journey could never survive. NO shot.

Anyways, here is the epic vid I found on youtube!

leechlet

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2014, 09:39:12 PM »

Hey guys! f**king Dr Guichet is the coolest f**king doc in the world. Check out this email exchange btwn us. I didn't know he was so compassionate and deep

==============================================================================================================
ME START
==============================================================================================================
Hi Dr Guichet,

I was able to do all the exercises the last few days and my nerve problem pretty much went away. I still have problem with closing my leg together, but that's a work in progress.

As my mood stabilized, I realized that a lot of why I am getting LL is to impress and rebel against my parents. I don't feel secure inside because my parents never really approved of me. I didn't get into Harvard and at the ripe old age of 23 I am no where near starting the next Apple. They are disappointed in me and LL is a way for me to empower myself and rebel.

I think for this reason, I was rebellious against you because you are very similar to my dad in personality. I think for this reason also, I went with you right after the consultation. I liked you but at the same time wanted to rebel. It's a weird feeling, but I think the biggest reason for me to get LL is to feel more secure in myself when my parents don't approve of me. This is why I make the channel. I always want to do something unique and special that will change the world. I want to be special. I want approval.

Anyways, I am not sure if this email is interesting to you. But LL made me take a hard look at myself and my motives.
========================================================================================================
END
========================================================================================================

GUICHET RESPONSE
Dear Leechet,

Of course, your e-mail is interesting me! It is what I thought exactly, and that is why I am here to help you to succeed your lengthening, and your 'initiatory journey’ through lengthening.

At the end, you should:
- Be able to act as an adult not seeking approval from your parents, but at least being respected and if possible admired (it will take time as you will have to succeed some professional trip)
- To feel secure in yourself and to seek approval in yourself not in others.
- To better balance important/accesssory elements in life

It is not easy, but if you’re open to changes and listening (to things you do not listen to others and also to your being, not your brain), it will work.

In the same time, if you can better understand relationships in life, with respect to other who do not have always good intentions, it will be excellent. Being able to go beyond the superficial contact and to be able to drive energy in others to boost them and better gather them will be very important in your life.

Not all managers are coming from Harvard, and some craziness is often the foundation of creation and success, e.g. Steve HJobs or multiple other people in the world. So do not worry, drive your energy in a controlled way and you will succeed.

And go out for a good Pizza in Fresco e Cimmino!

Have a nice week-end!

Jean-Marc Guichet, MD, PhD, Doct. Sci.

SELARL du Docteur Jean-Marc Guichet
Centre Phocea, 14 Bd Ganay
13009 Marseille - France
Office: +33.491.777.547
Office (mobile): +33.664.163.890
E-Mail: jeanmarcguichet@gmail.com
Web: www.allongement-os-grandir.com

Studio SOMA
Via Nicola Piccinni, 3
20130 Milano (MI)
Italy
Office: +39.328.634.2941
E-Mail: jeanmarcguichet@gmail.com
Web: www.allongement-os-grandir.com
==========================================================================================================
END
==========================================================================================================

I think this guy not only does LL, but understands that LL is mostly psychological and offers that unique aspect of service. I am beginning to like him more and more as my mood stabilize. This guy should play cards. He reads me like Phil Ivey staring into ur soul, going for a 4-bet all in preflop bluff. Or maybe I am just rlly easy to read. Either way, I discoverd that a lot of my need for LL is bc of my need for approval from my dad rather than from girls and other conventional routs I thought would provide me validation. I think for this reason, i felt so empty even when i got someone as amazing as Julia. I remember when i had Julia for the first time, i didn't care about her and I just wanted to make a deep run in a big poker tourney, bc my dad always admired poker players. I just wanted him to say "good job" for once. Goddamnit. Freaking asian parents. They are harder to please than Guichet.  Tongue

leechlet

« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2014, 11:12:26 AM »

Hey ppl!

What a wonderful day it is! I am feeling much happier this week. Doing the exercies helped a lot. I think the most important thing is to just get out of bed and experience LIFE instead of just lying in bed analyzing the shi* out of life and feeling sorry for myself

I am at 4cm today!

I devised a reward scheme for myself:
7cm - buy myself Thief 4!!! hell yaaaa!!!!!
9cm - get South Park Stick of Truth dont matter what the price
10cm+(max out the nail) - umm, i am not sure yet. but it's gonna be a big one  Wink

So i woke up and asked myself what I am rlly looking forward to 2014. and i have waited for Thief 4 for over 10 years and I love south park. my best friend told me on fb to stop analyzing all the time and just live life. he's right. he bought me battlefield 4 before my surgery to show me this. love taht guy. gonna start a company with him one day prob

mediocre

« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2014, 05:29:44 AM »

How's it going now Leechlet?

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2014, 04:59:40 PM »

Hey Leechlet,
I am counting your days in total, 18 days post op in feb 15. You achieved 4cm already, I bet this only possible because of LL oriented PT session. Seems like you might achieve 10cm in less than two months if the keep up the current clicking rate.

Wow...good luck!
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

Cooper

« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »

Hey Leechlet,
I am counting your days in total, 18 days post op in feb 15. You achieved 4cm already, I bet this only possible because of LL oriented PT session. Seems like you might achieve 10cm in less than two months if the keep up the current clicking rate.

Wow...good luck!

Never mind I think I picked the wrong date for computation....I was looking at the video which was posted way  later and thought that was the surgery day. :o

leechlet

« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »

Hi!

If i get to 10cm, it will be earliest beginning of June. I will be lengthening just slightly faster than the rate of consolidation, which means right after I stop clicking I will be able to walk soon. But it will take me many MANY month to lengthen.

Doflamingo

« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2014, 08:49:17 PM »

1mm/day = 100 days for 10cm.
Roughly about 3-4 months.
You sure you want 10cm? I'll do 5cm tibias and 5cm in femur in future.

Cooper

« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »

Since we are talking about lengthening amount. I have below plan for myself.

A) 8cm femur, 5 cm tibia
b) 7cm femur, 6cm tibia
c) 6.5cm femur, 6.5cm tibia
d) Anything available

Dr. Rozbruch thinks plan C is the best. I am worried if somehow I could not able to tibia for 6.5cm. I am doing my femur first and see how that goes.

Sorry Leechlet for hijacking your diary. 

BilateralDamage

« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2014, 09:26:16 PM »

Since we are talking about lengthening amount. I have below plan for myself.

A) 8cm femur, 5 cm tibia
b) 7cm femur, 6cm tibia
c) 6.5cm femur, 6.5cm tibia
d) Anything available

Dr. Rozbruch thinks plan C is the best. I am worried if somehow I could not able to tibia for 6.5cm. I am doing my femur first and see how that goes.

Sorry Leechlet for hijacking your diary.

Most doctors agree that 5 cm on the tibiae is the safest amount.  It always depends on how well your body responds though, so it's tough to plan exactly how much we're going to lengthen before we actually do it.

leechlet

« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »

hey, no problem

1mm/ day is just the average

i am already slowing down to less than 1mm a day. soon, i will be doing 1/2 mm a day, just ahead of consolidation. this is bc guichet want to make sure there's minimal chance for nerve problems and allow maximum time for muscle adaptation. also, although lengthening will be long, near the end the bone will be almost consolidated, so the wait for full consolidation will be shorter

leechlet

« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2014, 12:18:20 AM »

Hey guys!

Just took new xray today. Should be at 4cm, but measured at 4.3. well, what the heck.

anyways, now that my mood stablized, i want to officially summarize what i would've done differently:

1. BRING A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND!!!!!!! 70% of my suffering comes from loneliness and the feeling that my parents have abandoned me. i cried a lot wishing that my family wasn't so financially blessed and that my dad would spend more time with me rather than build his business.

2. get ur psychological affairs together before surgery. i had a ton of other mental problems, and i had to mature RLLY fast and it was tough. some ppl who r older and more mature breeze through LL, always going to training with a smile on their face. needless to say, i am not one of these ppl

3. don't just think about getting LL, meditate on GOING THROUGH LL. i was sooo focused on getting the surgery that i completely wasn't prepared for the long battle afterwards. the surgery is easy. i didn't take much pain killers bc i have a liver condition. i had my bones reamered extensively to get the 13mm nail. even then, it only hurt for a week. but the long fight is many MANY month

4. do sports and be a disciplined person physically before LL. the single hardest thing for me is waking up to do the training. i didn't start taking training seriously until i had nerve problems. then i started to get with the program and the problem solved itself. listen to Guichet. he's not always cool and emotionally supportive. but the guy gets results. have faith in him and try the training even if u do it on ur own, u gotta stay active. if u have the discipline to wake up at 6am to run for a hr a day or lift a few times a week, u will go through LL no problem. i couldnt remember the last time i commited to a workout routine

5. DON"T STAY IN BED ALL DAY!!!! even if u r tired, go out and talk to ppl. experience life. actually, THIS is probably the biggest mistake i made. yup

6. dont camp on the forum for validation. sometimes u get it. sometimes u won't. instead, socialize more with curent LLers and try to be chill about the comments non LLers make. they just don't understand the hardship yet. but they will  Wink

7. try not to think about why ur doing LL too much. sometimes it leads to sadness. sometimes, it leads to anger. but always, it leads to an infinite regress of thought attacks. instead, just be chill about the fact ur doing LL and ur gonna have a unique experience that will make u 10x stronger than before ur journey. consider this your "hero's journey"

mediocre

« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2014, 07:42:41 AM »

Yeah, being alone breeds loneliness.

Italian language never inspired you to learn it?

Hey guys!

Just took new xray today. Should be at 4cm, but measured at 4.3. well, what the heck.

anyways, now that my mood stablized, i want to officially summarize what i would've done differently:

1. BRING A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND!!!!!!! 70% of my suffering comes from loneliness and the feeling that my parents have abandoned me. i cried a lot wishing that my family wasn't so financially blessed and that my dad would spend more time with me rather than build his business.

2. get ur psychological affairs together before surgery. i had a ton of other mental problems, and i had to mature RLLY fast and it was tough. some ppl who r older and more mature breeze through LL, always going to training with a smile on their face. needless to say, i am not one of these ppl

3. don't just think about getting LL, meditate on GOING THROUGH LL. i was sooo focused on getting the surgery that i completely wasn't prepared for the long battle afterwards. the surgery is easy. i didn't take much pain killers bc i have a liver condition. i had my bones reamered extensively to get the 13mm nail. even then, it only hurt for a week. but the long fight is many MANY month

4. do sports and be a disciplined person physically before LL. the single hardest thing for me is waking up to do the training. i didn't start taking training seriously until i had nerve problems. then i started to get with the program and the problem solved itself. listen to Guichet. he's not always cool and emotionally supportive. but the guy gets results. have faith in him and try the training even if u do it on ur own, u gotta stay active. if u have the discipline to wake up at 6am to run for a hr a day or lift a few times a week, u will go through LL no problem. i couldnt remember the last time i commited to a workout routine

5. DON"T STAY IN BED ALL DAY!!!! even if u r tired, go out and talk to ppl. experience life. actually, THIS is probably the biggest mistake i made. yup

6. dont camp on the forum for validation. sometimes u get it. sometimes u won't. instead, socialize more with curent LLers and try to be chill about the comments non LLers make. they just don't understand the hardship yet. but they will  Wink

7. try not to think about why ur doing LL too much. sometimes it leads to sadness. sometimes, it leads to anger. but always, it leads to an infinite regress of thought attacks. instead, just be chill about the fact ur doing LL and ur gonna have a unique experience that will make u 10x stronger than before ur journey. consider this your "hero's journey"

leechlet

« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »

No, i tried to but i wasn't inspired. However, I am trying to master 6max NLH. Before, I was a decent player at ring games, but I was only rlly a monster HU. HU i completely crushed for the stakes I played. i bought a few books and subscribed to some coaching sites to get my 6max game up to far. I will never be a superb full ring player bc it's boring. I think it's standard just to multitable abc poker in a full ring. But 6max allows me to find delicate bluff spots and isolate to play most hands HU or 3 way.

So far, i have been MUCH happier, waking up every day looking forward to the day. In collge, i skipped class a lot of master HU. now i am skipping isokinetic a lot ot master 6max. feels like a teenager all over again  8)

leechlet

« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2014, 08:50:04 AM »

ps. one thing i think is much more important than height in this journey is that it taught me mroe about who i am. I learned that the most important thing for me to be happy is to have an intellectual stimulation, something where i can hack, analyze, and achieve mastery in the mind. i didn't hate college as much as i thought. i just hated waking up to go to class. but i loved learning.

although its cool to be taller, there's no way i am gonna get there if i am bored and depressed. if u guys know any other mentally stimulating activity that u can master, let me know. i am gonna buy some scale models and rlly start learning how to wet blend and do some advanced stuffs on that too. that's something i've always wanted to do and i also find that rlly challenging and fun

mediocre

« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2014, 08:58:18 AM »

Yeah, I agree. There's more technical stuffs with 6max and short handed plays.

Just go easy with grinding cuz your body needs sleep.

No, i tried to but i wasn't inspired. However, I am trying to master 6max NLH. Before, I was a decent player at ring games, but I was only rlly a monster HU. HU i completely crushed for the stakes I played. i bought a few books and subscribed to some coaching sites to get my 6max game up to far. I will never be a superb full ring player bc it's boring. I think it's standard just to multitable abc poker in a full ring. But 6max allows me to find delicate bluff spots and isolate to play most hands HU or 3 way.

So far, i have been MUCH happier, waking up every day looking forward to the day. In collge, i skipped class a lot of master HU. now i am skipping isokinetic a lot ot master 6max. feels like a teenager all over again  8)

mediocre

« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »

For a starter, I can show an inspiring video, and this pretty much is about life, and fulfillment, and caring for the wrong things, living the present moment; and not about LL.

Make sure you've got good audio.

if u guys know any other mentally stimulating activity that u can master, let me know...

leechlet

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »

Ya, definitely man. You are totally right. I am keeping in mind that I am only doing this to pass time during LL, and that my main battle it to grow taller. I just need a mental "drug" so to speak. In the first week, Guichet visited every day and we talked hrs about his research and stuff so it was stimulating. But idk, that stuff gets boring after a while so I just need a daily intellectual "high" to feel pumped to get up and do training.

and thanks for the vid! will definitely download to iphone. got a ton of motivational vids on there now to take with me for training  :D

leechlet

« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:50 PM »

Hi ppl,

Today, I have decided taht I am going to do the training on my own. I hate waking up for the isokinetic center and I think 90 euros a day so some dude can tell me to go bike on a machine and then go stretch on a bed would make even the mafia cringe.

Furthermore, I have decided that I am not longer set on 10cm. I don't give a fuc* what the internet thinks. But I skyped with a lot of ex patients, and pushing past the point ur body tells u to stop is what leads to complications. So far, i am at 4.5 and i have no problem. I am happy with 7, but will take 6cm. 8 is cool. 9 is awesome. 10 is great of course. but i have no goals. I just take my LL one click at a time. i think this is the way LL should be. wisdom

manale007

• Visitor
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »

For a starter, I can show an inspiring video, and this pretty much is about life, and fulfillment, and caring for the wrong things, living the present moment; and not about LL.

Make sure you've got good audio.

thanks for sharing the video, it just makes us think about all this, and wonder if we are truly living the present and enjoy our life because this moment we are living right now is NOT coming back.  :'(

and Leechlet, the best for you buddy
hope you achieve everything you want. It's really nice to read all your posts and realize that your thoughts have really changed. Thumbs up  :)

onedayillgrow

« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2014, 10:51:42 PM »

Hi ppl,

Today, I have decided taht I am going to do the training on my own. I hate waking up for the isokinetic center and I think 90 euros a day so some dude can tell me to go bike on a machine and then go stretch on a bed would make even the mafia cringe.

Furthermore, I have decided that I am not longer set on 10cm. I don't give a fuc* what the internet thinks. But I skyped with a lot of ex patients, and pushing past the point ur body tells u to stop is what leads to complications. So far, i am at 4.5 and i have no problem. I am happy with 7, but will take 6cm. 8 is cool. 9 is awesome. 10 is great of course. but i have no goals. I just take my LL one click at a time. i think this is the way LL should be. wisdom

Hey Leechlet, are you currently having any problems like duck ass as to speak? :) You have done 4.5 and i would like to say i'm really proud of your achievements :D You are doing fine man, just keep it up till 6 and i'm sure you'll feel very happy even if you don't decide to go further :) Keep it up man.

leechlet

« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:35 AM »

hi, yes, i have duck ass and problems closing my legs. but my joints have full range of motion. i will make some vids soon showing my current condition. probably at around 5cm? idk, like this weekend probably as well as show my new xrays

leechlet

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2014, 02:47:02 AM »

Okay people!

So I am at 5 week post op at about 4.6cm doing 12 clicks a day. Here is my new xray I taken last week:

When this was taken, I was at around 4.3 ish. I had been lazy and didn't make videos until I found my muse, which is buying Thief 4.  ;D

Things are much more chill now and I am actually enjoying this journey. It's super chill as heck.

Doflamingo

« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »

I've never seen such a good x-ray photo before in terms is medics.
Perfect alignment, great callus, straight bone, ... .
(Compared to patients who did LL for a cheap price)

Moubgf

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »

You rat bastard leechlet haha, keep going you be done in no time.   8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up